Deloitte

3.4

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

The final round interview is truly a great experience. There are panels that you attend about the company culture and potential clients. You go through 4 interviews- 2 behavioral, one individual case and one group case. The interviewers were really friendly and it is clear that this is a great place to launch a career.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Quick and Easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

The Human Capital Analyst (HCA) position was recruited through my university's career center (along with the Business Analyst and Business Technology Analyst positions). The first round consisted of two 35-45 minute phone interviews (I believe my school is one of the few that does not have an in-person phone interview).

One interview was behavioral and one was a human capital case (the order varies). Behavioral questions related to how you've worked with teams, experienced change, encouraged changed, resolved conflicts, etc. Some questions are traditionally behavioral and focused on your resume, but the other questions clearly relate to the human capital service line.

The first-round case interview is similar to the example cases Deloitte posts online; certainly take time to review those before your first interview. I was told ahead of the interview (and then confirmed when the case was red) that the case doesn't need to heavily rely on numbers. They may tell you they're working to reduce costs by 20%, but the number is meant to distract you slightly and also ensure that you consider the strategies that do, in fact, reduce costs. Be sure to still take time to compose your ideas. Original thinking is encouraged. Do not forget to think about longterm impacts, but remember that the case only takes 20 minutes.

The second round interview was onsite in the Chicago office 5 weeks after my first interview. You're flown to the regional office for your school the night before Super Day for a very nice dinner. Super Day begins EARLY; you'll have two cases, a group case, and a behavioral interview, along with presentations, time to talk with your Deloitte buddy, and lunch afterwards. Many people from all human capital service lines are at this event, so it can be a little overwhelming to see how many people you're competing against. In actuality, you are likely only interviewing against 30 individuals. One of the interviews on this day focuses a lot on business acumen, which I found disorienting--though I'm fairly comfortable with it, they constantly told us not to be worrying about that sort of stuff when preparing.

I, along with everyone else from my school, did not receive an offer. None of us received feedback despite thinking that we had performed well throughout the day (and done comparatively better than those we had worked on the group case with). Deloitte's a great company, but it's clear that the entry-level analyst position is very "entry" level; those that my friends and I know received offers were the most cookie-cutter applicants the firm could have been given (HR/Org business degrees and a personality that screamed fake). Again, though, it's definitely a very, very good company to work for and there are some great people.

Interview Questions
    • If you adequately prepare, nothing should be so unexpected that you shouldn't have already thought you'd be asked it. The recruiting staff is very nice to work with; they don't try to stress test you or put a ton of pressure on you. That said, it's clear that they want to hear certain things in your answers, so don't take their lax and friendly personalities for an easy trip.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

My interviewers were very interesting and very enjoyable to talk to. Behavioral consisted of many fit questions. My case interview was a compensation case.

Remember to think logically, explain your analysis and your thoughts aloud. Be sure to LISTEN at the beginning and dont be afraid to ask clarifying questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and the teammate did not pull through as expected   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

I had two rounds. The first round was an on-campus interview, one behavioral, one case. That was followed with a phone interview. My second round was at the Deloitte office and was over two days. It included 3 behaviorals and one group case study.

The group case was very exhausting emotionally but they made a great impression. brought all their top people and got you excited about the company

Interview Questions
    • So I just explained the challenge I faced on my client. Let's turn this into a case, how would you solve it?   Answer Question
    I was uanble to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

The first round consisted of a case and a behavioral interview. The second round was the Human Capital Blitz in Chicago. It consisted of several behavioral interviews, a case interview, a group case, and many networking opportunities. Be prepared for the group case- maintain your calm and deliver a professional presentation. Remember that the entire two-day event is an interview- you are always watched so never forget to be professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

They do a great job of walking you through the whole process, assign you a buddy to answer any of your questions, and there's plenty of information on the website so you know exactly what to expect.

On the first round interview, there is a 25 minute behavioral interview, with the standard questions, "tell me about your greatest accomplishment." "Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision between several different options" "Tell me about a time you showed leadership skills" etc. Nothing too tricky.

They then walk you to the next interview, which is a 25- minute case study. The case study was very similar to the ones on the website, with only a few sentences given about the business (e.g. It's a large supplier that acquired a bunch of smaller suppliers over the last couple years and is having growing pains). They then list off the "key concerns". In my case, there were about 6 of them, nearly an exhaustive list of streamlining networks, restructuring benefits, cutting costs, updating HR structure, etc. I picked the top 3 concerns that I thought would have the biggest impact with the least amount of problems and walked the interviewer through how I think the changes could be made and how they would impact the business.

I walked out feeling confident-- I thought they had done all the work for me and didn't leave much room for me to mess it up, but I didn't get a second interview. I sent follow-up emails thanking the interviewers for their time but did not get a response, and later learned it's against their policy to give interview feedback. Hope this helps and I wish you all better luck than I had!

Interview Questions
    • "How would you convey this information to the CEO versus someone lower down in the company?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Applied through campus recruitment and spoke to alumni from my school. A manager from the Human Capital under Human Transformation called me for a behavioural interview and case interview (separate managers). The interviewer for the bahavioural was average and he seemed uninterested in doing the interview. The case interview was a bit startling.. HR case about how to streamline HR.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and encountered some problems.   Answer Question
    • What is your interest in consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

I applied through our school's website and received a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was in two parts with two different interviewers. There was a case and a behavioral interview. The behavioral interview was extremely easy, but the case was one of the harder ones I've done. Make sure you practice mergers and acquisitions because they seem to be fond of them.

The office visit was really great and is a major reason why I chose Deloitte. It consisted of two or three behavioral interviews. They dug pretty deep into my experiences and some of the things on my resume. There was also a case and a group presentation. The group presentation took an hour and was pretty interesting. Three of us had 50 minutes to prepare a 10 minute presentation. We were supposed to be Deloitte partners making a pitch for a potential client.

Overall I liked the process because we were assigned buddies for the day who walked us to our interviews and were able to answer any questions we might have had. They took us out to lunch after and were extremely helpful overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the accomplishment that you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were disappointed, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, the offer was very good, and I got the sense that it wasn't negotiable anyway. Maybe this was a mistake, who knows...

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

I received the first-round interview through Career Services on campus. The first round interview consisted of two one on one interviews (one behavioral and one case interview). The second was called a Human Capital Blitz, where around 50 candidates were flown in around the country to the New York office for a two-day 'blitz'. The first day consisted of a networking dinner, and the second day consisted of four 1:1 interviews and final group presentation--as well as company presentations.