Deloitte

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

I went through campus recruitment. Deloitte is very good at reaching students at my university, they have multiple events and workshops for those interested. After applying online (there are quite a few applications and could be tedious), the first round interview was on campus, one 30 min behavioral and one 30 min case (you're randomly assigned to begin with either). Once I was invited to the interview, I had a Deloitte Buddy reach out to me and talk me through the process. The behavioral had standard questions like "tell me about a time you worked in a group with different perspectives and how you worked through it”, etc. The case was quite a general business case with a human capital focus (practice the interactive case on the website!), but they did have many “considerations” and you might have to prioritize because you can’t cover all aspects of the case in 30 mins. Really research the different Human Capital service lines, I heard that this first round interview is the one that “assigns” people to a service line later in the 2nd round.

The second round is also called the Blitz Rounds, and it’s a 2-day event (Friday & Saturday) at a location related to the office that will give you the offer (e.g. SF was recruiting for LA and SF). There are multiple networking events (happy hour, dinner, lunch, etc), and corporate presentations (about Deloitte, about Human Capital Consulting, etc). It sounds really intimidating, but is actually a lot of fun - the energy level is really high, especially from the Deloitte employees (who’re volunteering to participate in the Blitz weekend!). I didn’t come from a business background, so I could’ve worked more on “networking” more smoothly, but I still got an offer even though I didn’t “sell myself” as much as some other people did and focused instead more on learning about them and getting to know them, so don’t stress too much about it. All the interviews were on Saturday, and we had one group case and three 1:1 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case). Some people started with the group case, some people with the individual interviews. For the group case, I was assigned to a team of 4 and we were supposed to be Deloitte consultants who had to pitch Deloitte’s services to the client. A Deloitte facilitator observed us and offered tips along the way while we worked on proposing solutions for the client (~45 mins) and drafted the PowerPoint presentation (~10 mins) and then finally presented to the client (2 senior Deloitte employees) for 10 mins with 10 mins Q&A. I really had a good time with my group case, my group worked really well together - don’t think of them as competitors. During the presentation, be sure to keep the consultant hat on and don’t use too much jargons the clients won’t understand, demonstrate your ability to empathize with them, and be sure that you can sell Deloitte to them. The Q&A had some tough questions to push us on our solutions, so be sure you can back up your recommendations. The three individual interviews were like the first round (30 mins), though the questions tended to be more specific at that point (especially about the service line you’re interviewing for, so be sure to research on the website!)

Overall, the experience at Deloitte was extraordinary. The people were amazing, very enthusiastic, helpful and down-to-earth. Everyone I reached out to during campus recruitment made time to talk to me about the recruitment process and gave me valuable advice, so don’t be shy to reach out to them. Deloitte’s commitment to its people is also very tangible throughout the process (they really pamper you). There were a few glitches along the way (e.g. sometimes we would walk around with our Deloitte Blitz Ambassadors but they also weren’t sure where we were supposed to go), but these were usually minor mistakes and they were great at improvising.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about an experience you had with visual representations (or something along those lines)   View Answer
I did not negotiate because I felt the offer was good. Once I was given the offer, many Deloitte employees reached out to me (most of whom were alums of my school/program) and offered to chat with me if I had questions - I would advice others to take up that opportunity if they were unsure.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Quick and Easy