Deloitte

Deloitte Interview Questions in India

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

PMO Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte.

I was invited for walkin. The process was very lengthy)Listening and Reading test 2) Versant 3) Technical Test where in excel,accounting and logical reasoning is tested. After 2 months of pre screening test I received mad to attend HR interview.After a week i got call saying im selected.

Interview Questions
    • About your self,Are you a team Player, How did you manage projects in college etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

I went through recruiter for the interview and as per what I had been told the interview was for Senior consultant. So the process started like below,

1.I went in for the interview and they made me sit in the conference room full of other individuals came for interview. They instructed everybody to submit the resume and write skill set, years of exp and time you came in - I mean why I can understand time I came in but why years of exp and skill set isn't that the first line on you resume
    2.I wrote my skill set as HTML5,.Net,JavaScript and AngularJS one guy called me and asked are you a .Net resource or a Java resource. Wow he didn't even aware that JavaScript has nothing to do with Java. The guy standing in there kept asking what comes to your mind when you think about Deloitte and showed some impressive videos etc. But after a time it was getting repetitive and boring
    3.I kept waiting for the interview for more than 2 hours that was again -1 for Deloitte
    4.I went for the interview. The interviewer didn't even bothered to introduce him for the first time. He made me sit in the cubicle (so unprofessional I could hear the other interview) and said he will be back. The guy went on a call and came back after 5 minutes
    5.When he was back he introduced himself and the I could guess that this guy was not at all interested in taking my interview. He asked me questions you will ask to a 2 years or 3 years experienced guy. The interviewer wasn't even interested in listening and was looking all around when I was answering his questions. (-1 for this)
    6.Anyways I completed the interview and I knew the result.

Basically the position was for junior guys if they had few years of experience in .Net could have easily passed the interview and not for a senior guy as I had been told. I am not sure about the case though but anyways I wasted my weekend.

Interview Questions
    • 1.What is polymorphism?
      2.What is runtime polymorphism and compile time polymorphism
      3.Difference between session and static class
      4.What is Lambda expression
      5.Few Db questions. In that one question was wrong

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

Email written to HR/Recruitment team of Deloitte:
    ==========================================
    Worst interview experience ever. Will not recommend this organization to anyone. Not even capable of managing interviews.
    What is the point in making candidates wait endlessly without even taking a single round of interview. To top it up, there were few candidates called up from Pune to Mumbai office! They were just sitting in the waiting room for hours.Complete waste of time and energy. On being asked on the status after a round of interview, the staff would only say "wait up" and then would run away and disappear for hours.
    I reached Mumbai office on the scheduled time at 11:30 AM. My first round was done at around 1:30 PM. First round status was disclosed at 4 PM only after repeatedly asking for it. After that I waited till 6 PM but still there was no communication on second round except for the usual "wait up". On asking whether or not all 4 rounds will be completed today itself (as it was already 6:30 PM and I was still waiting for 2nd round) the recruitment team started laughing and making jokes among themselves (don't know what was so funny with my question).
    After discussion with few other candidates who had already appeared for interview in the past with Deloitte, it was clear that this is a commonplace here.They enjoy making people wait entire day that too without even taking a single round of interview!!

It is absolutely fine if you think I am taking it too far by writing this but this was the agony of many who appeared for the interview today (in the past and for the future candidates as well). It is just that I am the one speaking it out.

Thank you very much for this experience.
    ===========================================

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

First Round was Online Aptitude Round. It was very simple..basic apti and english questions. Next round was GD. Finally the HR Round which had normal HR questions. They basically look for good communication skills and confidence.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

unfair and stupid no real check on the talent on the individual,randomly choose candidates and always recruit in bulk.pl do look at this aspect asap because its just a funny way to recruit ignoring all the remaining characteristics of a person which is ridiculous

Tax Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

process is very long.. total 7 rounds. reading & listening round, versant round and after that one hr round then technical and partners round. Process is not very hard, then are basically checking your communication skills.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

It was an open floor interview. Huge crowd. Around 2500 candidates. Interview process is very organised. Reached venue at 12. Had to wait till 2pm fr 1st round interview. 1st round was easy. All basic core Java questions. Second round technical interview was more in detail. On core Java, hibernate, springs.. They check how well versed you are in detailed working experience on each of them. They give more importance to SQL skills, like queries, dB normalisation etc. 3rd round will be managerial round. Senior manager will test ask about background, previous projects, ur future ambitions. He checks our attitute, temperament, humbleness. 4th round will be on English speaking and understanding skills. You need to hear the recorded voice of a person speaking in US English accent, repeat it, sentence re-ordering etc. It seems to be simple, but most candidates get rejected in this round. 5th round will be just formal HR round where they discuss about salary package.

Interview Questions
    • what is a singleton class. write code to create singleton object   Answer Question
    • difference between vector and arraylist, difference between hash table and hashmap.   Answer Question
    • what is immutable object. how to make a class immutable   Answer Question
    • what is still pooling? memory management wrt strings.   Answer Question
    • how to integrate hibernate with springs framework?   Answer Question
    • what is database normalisation? methods of dB normalisation.   Answer Question
    • joins in SQL. inner join, left outer join, self join   Answer Question
    • What are annotations wrt springs? importance of it   Answer Question
    • give some examples of design patters you have used in ur springs project. explain   Answer Question
    • explain spring MVC architecture   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

5 rounds - 2 Technical, 1 communication skill, 1 Telephonic(versant), 1 HR . Focused on communication skill, first round tech. will be basics, second round will be taken by senior officials and questions will be in depth, HR round, it will be basically negotiation for salary. If the people will be more they will include an extra round call JAM round, in which they will test your public speaking.

Interview Questions
    • Public speaking was the most unexpected part, as it happened just to reduce the crowd. In versant your listning skill will be tested through telephonic round.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

1. Aptitude Test - normal questions no negative markings cutoff was about 22 out of 30.
    2. GD - They see your confidence and vocabulary, talk about subject and be confident.

Our next round took almost 2 weeks to schedule

3. PI - Really basic questions are asked and mostly your confidence and academic results is the criteria.
    4. Panel Interview - Didn't get shortlisted for this round.

The package was good but only 3 were selected.

Interview Questions
    • They ask just basic concepts nothing much and was asked to write an algorithms for sorting the contents of array.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

The interview consisted of basic listening and reading skills test and test on basic knowledge of accounting, logical reasoning & Ms Excel. Then there was a Versant test testing speaking , pronunciation and accent. HR Interview was scheduled other day.