Deloitte

Average Difficulty
94 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round interviews were conducted on campus. You have two interviews, one with a partner and one with an associate. One is supposed to be behavioral questions and one is just a conversation. Both interviewers seemed disinterested and acted as though they were supperior to me which was especially offputing. Unsuprisingly, I was not invited to a second interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. What industry do you want to go into? Tell us about a time where you had to work with a difficult group.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of attending numerous events, including company info sessions, off-campus socials, etc. After attending these, I was interviewed on campus by a recruiter, which was followed with an in-office interview with three Deloitte professionals (HR, Partner, Senior Manager). Questions were behavioral and straightforward. After two days, I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were asked by a superior to perform a task you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the Business Valuation office. I was referred by a senior manager from another city.
Had the first screening interview with HR; pretty basic behavioral questions and discussion about my expectations.
After this had 3 interviews with professionals in the group:
1. Manager
2. Sr Manager
3. Partner

All 3 interviews were very similar, basic DCF and accounting questions. Probably the hardest one was: "If we were going to visit a client right now to perform a business valuation, give me 5 questions you would like to ask the management team". This is a twist on "walk me through a DCF". Probably the partner interview focused more on company´s strategy and structure.

Interview Question – If we were going to visit a client right now to perform a business valuation, give me 5 questions you would like to ask the management team   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Step 1: I applied through my school's career center and attended as many Deloitte events as possible offered through my university to network. I also got to know the recruiter.
Step 2: I had an on campus interview.
Step 3: I traveled to the office for a two day interview (Thursday night was a networking-type event with around 30 employees and candidates, while Friday was the actual interview).

Interview Question – Basic behavioral interview questions were asked. The interviewer is given a list and chooses some to ask. It was mostly a conversation about my interests though. Be sure to have a list of questions ready!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Great people to interview with. Came down to campus for initial interview. Talked with both partners and managers during the second interview. It was a great experience overall and I don't regret accepting my offer one bit.

Interview Question – Why are manhole covers round?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Applied through my university and interviewed on campus. Did not receive a second round interview. The manager I interviewed with had a sheet of paper with a list of 4 or 5 questions he had written down beforehand which disrupted the flow of the conversation.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – On Campus interview - Case Interview and behavioral interview both last about thirty minutes. Behavioral was simple and straight forward and case interview was nothing too tricky. They were nice and had many younger employees around to talk to.

Interview Question – Describe consulting   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went through campus recruiting and had two 30 minute interviews. Nothing too tricky and questions were very predictably. Tell about group experiences and how you resolved issues within a group...Make sure you look into the company and have an idea on what the exact group does. Be prepared with questions to ask them at the end.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus. There was a pre interview night and then there were interviews the next day. The interview went well and everyone was nice.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte over other firms?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

Interview Details – 1. School Career Center
2. Networking Reception
3. 30 minute Interview - One
4. 30 minute Interview - Two

I did not attend the networking reception but those who asked that did attend said they got nothing out of it and most of them didn't get offers.

Apparently they pick 50% of applicants from those who apply to the school's website.

Interviews were done by people at the networking reception. Both were directors.

Interview Question – The first person asked why I wanted to work for Deloitte or whats so great in Deloitte in 5 different ways. There weren't many questions about me.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte