Deloitte

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.9

116 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Great people to interview with. Came down to campus for initial interview. Talked with both partners and managers during the second interview. It was a great experience overall and I don't regret accepting my offer one bit.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through my university and interviewed on campus. Did not receive a second round interview. The manager I interviewed with had a sheet of paper with a list of 4 or 5 questions he had written down beforehand which disrupted the flow of the conversation.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

I interviewed for the Business Valuation office. I was referred by a senior manager from another city.
    Had the first screening interview with HR; pretty basic behavioral questions and discussion about my expectations.
    After this had 3 interviews with professionals in the group:
    1. Manager
    2. Sr Manager
    3. Partner

All 3 interviews were very similar, basic DCF and accounting questions. Probably the hardest one was: "If we were going to visit a client right now to perform a business valuation, give me 5 questions you would like to ask the management team". This is a twist on "walk me through a DCF". Probably the partner interview focused more on company´s strategy and structure.

Interview Questions
    • If we were going to visit a client right now to perform a business valuation, give me 5 questions you would like to ask the management team   View Answer
    No negotiation

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

On Campus interview - Case Interview and behavioral interview both last about thirty minutes. Behavioral was simple and straight forward and case interview was nothing too tricky. They were nice and had many younger employees around to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

1. School Career Center
    2. Networking Reception
    3. 30 minute Interview - One
    4. 30 minute Interview - Two

I did not attend the networking reception but those who asked that did attend said they got nothing out of it and most of them didn't get offers.

Apparently they pick 50% of applicants from those who apply to the school's website.

Interviews were done by people at the networking reception. Both were directors.

Interview Questions
    • The first person asked why I wanted to work for Deloitte or whats so great in Deloitte in 5 different ways. There weren't many questions about me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

Got a call from my career center at my school and was told I got an Interview with Deloitte for the Winter Business valuation Internship. It was an On-Campus Interview and I had Two 1:1 Interviews. Very nice people and easy to talk too. Mainly they asked behavioral questions and of course "tell me about yourself."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to go beyond the "call of duty."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

the first round was mostly just about behavioral questions. e.g.: Describe a teamwork experience you had - either as a leader or as a team member; describe a problem-solving situation you had and how did you solve the problem; go through your most recent internship experience and what you've learned from it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the biggest difficulty you faced and how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Step 1: I applied through my school's career center and attended as many Deloitte events as possible offered through my university to network. I also got to know the recruiter.
    Step 2: I had an on campus interview.
    Step 3: I traveled to the office for a two day interview (Thursday night was a networking-type event with around 30 employees and candidates, while Friday was the actual interview).

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral interview questions were asked. The interviewer is given a list and chooses some to ask. It was mostly a conversation about my interests though. Be sure to have a list of questions ready!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

The process was pretty straightforward. I talked with a recruiter and was quickly contacted for an interview on campus. There were two thirty minute interviews on campus interviews with standard behavioral questions. After the on-campus interviews, I was contacted the next day for on-site interviews. This was almost an all day event. Basically, I got to the office, we talked with the recruiter, went two lunch with two of the consultants, came back from lunch, and then had two back-to-back thirty minute interviews. Again, this was behavioral. Following these interviews, it took about three weeks to hear back from a recruiter saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • I am not sure if this is difficult, but I got asked the same set of questions by two different interviewers, which was weird. I wasn't sure if this was a test or purely coincidental; I gave the same answer both times, basically, so I think it was ok. Mostly, I think they just want to see that you can tell a coherent story about your life that shows some positive characteristics. Focus on coherence above anything else; you may be the best person in the world, but if you can't make that clear to another person, you will have trouble being a consultant.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay was better than I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I was looked down upon for not going to the "Pre-night" albeit I had an accounting test at that time. I had two 30 minute interviews back to back. The first one was with a partner who went through my resume with me. I could have done a better job. The second one was with a manager who asked me behavioral questions. They were not very amicable people. I wouldn't want to have a drink with them.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to see something from someone else's perspective?   Answer Question