Deloitte

Average Difficulty
95 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call/ interview from a recruiter. Shortly after interviewing I received an email outlining how the rest of the interview process would go if I was chosen. Several hours later I received another email informing me I would not advance through the interviewing process.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to study Accounting?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke to campus recruiter about the firm, I was offered a on campus interview. After 1 1/2 weeks received an ok to go for an office visit. Office visit was great, people seemed very nice, down to earth and interested. Interview was very relaxed, more of a get to know you kind of environment. The inside of the office is the best looking one among the Big Four in Boston.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Accepted with another firm, which I thought it was a better fit.

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my application through my school website. Later, I got an email stating that I was selected for an interview. The interview was on campus. The recruiter put me at ease immediately when I went into the room. I was very relaxed and we talked about some of my study habits etc to get to know me better. Then we moved on to team work situations, basically to scope out how I might act in a team etc. The people were generally friendly and relaxed and the recruiter treated you like a friend instead of an interviewee. Overall, I had a great impression of the firm, especially after hearing about the recruiter's experiences there.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Interview Details – Deloitte really takes care of its prospective applicants. They held a case workshop at my university to prepare students for the actual interview-- the case given was realistic, and very interactive. The interview itself consisted of 2 thirty minute sessions with senior consultants-- one case, one behavioral. The case is interviewer led, and the behavioral is very thorough in terms of the standard types of questions one might expect to encounter in a consulting internship.

Advice: prepare for cases so you feel comfortable, and know your own experiences well (for the behavioral). Also be sure to communicate your own interest in the company.

Interview Question – How are some ways we can increase revenue (case question, background information given during the case)?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Interview Details – Made an appointment for the phone interview. Interviewer called 10 minutes late, kept conversation brief but was nice and reassuring.

Interview Question – Since it was just the first interview of the process the questions were pretty simple: tell me about this on your resume?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Highly selective company, hire lots of intern students from UIUC. Their hiring rate for intern is around 50%.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were compete in a highly stressed environment   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met an alumni who was a manager in ERS at an accounting fair, gave him my resume and got a call from a recruiter days later. I had a phone interview for my first round since I couldn't make it to the office on the date of my first interview. After that I received an email inviting me to second round interviews and a special "Inside Deloitte" event. They paid to fly students in and put everyone up in a hotel (except I was already in NYC so it didn't matter). The night before interviews was a dinner attended by partners and other employees, they gave an awesome presentation and an office tour. Everyone was very friendly, they just wanted to make sure you were a good fir for the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Interview Details – -sent email, they replied, 1 interview; be professional, on time, polite, research before so you seem competent, be efficient as well, as this is very important. people are all right; they expect you to 'get things' on your own which can be confusing at first. office and work culture is pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – other offers

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was very casual and relaxed. There was a 1 on 1 case interview for 30 minutes and then a behavioral interview for another 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional hiring team.
The team provided very good handholding to the candidates. Interviewrs were very good and helpd me maintain my calm.