Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interview was Okay, the partner was easy to talk with and candid about the work he had done and his experiences which made it easier for me to share my strengths and interests with him.

Interview Question – What was your favorite speech?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 1 week - Interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

This is the round in Deloitte US Interview:
-Technical Interview
-Management Interview
-Senior Management Interview
-Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there is good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Question – First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the offer in hand within 9 days.

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Consultant - Human Capital
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was a 30 minute sense check phone call with the recruiter. Pretty simple, just a high-level walk through of some resume items; looking to ensure there aren't any glaring red flags with your experience or how you present yourself.

Second interview was a 30/45 minute phone call with a senior consultant. A brief high-level review of the resume followed by more specific behavioral questions about past experiences. As you would expect with a practitioner asking the questions this time, they were more pointed and related to the practice with which you are interviewing. In my case, I think the questions were around examples of leading change initiatives, communicating change effectively, managing through ambiguity, etc.

Office visit was next, which consisted of two behavioral type interviews and a case. If you get to this point, you'll get a load of resources to from the recruiter to help you prepare. So I'll just briefly summarize the three interviews:
    Behavioral 1 (45 min) - Focus Area evaluation – related technical skills, industry specific knowledge development and sharing
    Behavioral 2 (45 min)- Consulting Attributes evaluation - Demonstration/knowledge of the consulting process, effective communication skills, teaming/mentoring/leading of others, knowledge sharing, business and people development, engagement management
   Case (30 min) - Human capital specific - Case is presented to you be interviewer, along with key facts/figures, then you're given a couple minutes to analyse/digest, then asked to walk them through issues, problems, solutions. It's much more of a fluid conversation than it is a typical "strategy" case interview. It's best to be able to demonstrate level of analytical/process driven thinking, as well the ability to communicate to the practitioner effectively. There isn't a right or wrong answer necessarily, but you will need to be in the general vicinity. Specifically, my question was around a brand holding company that was looking to break apart/divest it's 3 key brands into three separate companies. What were some of the issues and challenges that would arise along the way?

Whole interview process from first contact to offer took about a month. Office interview was on a Friday, had my offer by the following Tuesday.

Interview Question – The case wasn't necessarily hard, but I could see it being a little uncomfortable dealing with the ambiguity of that style of question if you're not used to it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Open to salary negotiation, if you think you're worth more, make your case to the recruiter and they'll take it to the partner.

Recruit Interview

Recruit

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – They had me interview for the leadership conference in Dallas. I had to go to a mixer the night before and meet the interviewers and others who were in my position the year prior. The day of the interview they took me into the career center and I had 2 thirty minute interviews with two different partners.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a conflict. How do you work in teams   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Interview

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting, did an on campus interview, and went into the office for an interview.

Interviews were straightforward--a combination of get to know you and behavioral. Interviewers were very nice.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was about dealing with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

QA Analyst - EDiscovery Interview

QA Analyst - EDiscovery
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was very detailed and specific. Initial phone screening with HR, who scheduled additional phone screenings with multiple departments I may be qualified for. I was flown in for an in-person interview. Dates, times, persons to meet with were all scheduled before hand. Separate travel department provided detailed instructions for making reservations and for reimbursement. All meetings and arrangements went very smoothly.

Interview Question – Tell me about you? What are you like? What makes you tick?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer, the people, the interview and the salary were all excellent. But I had just moved across country three months prior and had too many financial obligations having myself, family and personal belongings in three places.

Manager Interview

Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position.
First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc,
Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected)
Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted late June 2014 and the process took approximately 3 weeks (only because of July 4th, or it would be 2 weeks). This is for FEDERAL BTA, which means you will be working on government stuff.

I was called by the recruiting coordinator. She was nice and wanted to help me as much as possible. We talked a bit about what the job was about and its location (consider it a very laid back interview, but dont discount that you can 'fail' it), and she asked me about relocation and salary and basic requisites like US citizenship and all that, then she paired me up with an interviewer.

1st Round- Technical Interview:
As someone with a STEM degree, I was paired up with a developer for a initial technical phone interview. Be very careful, it is indeed technical. The person will be a senior specialist who knows their stuff and will definitely know when you are trying to play him/her. They will DEFINITELY scour your resume and ask you questions from it. Here are some questions I wrote down for yall:
what is the difference between scripting and object oriented languages?
what is the primary thing about oo languages?
how to SELECT from a table (relational database)?
what is a relational database?
What is the steps in SDLC?
What are JOIN?
What is AJAX? You know what it means? What is it used for? Give me an example if an AJAX website.

They can ask other meta questions. However do not base your preparations off of my exact questions. Base them of the format or depth. I told them I knew Java and the interviewer decided to test my knowledge on concepts. So kinda at least understand all terms and stuff you used in your resume.

2nd Round- All in one:
I had a case, technical and culture fit/behavioural interview. 3 different people in different timeslots, singularly, in one day spanning 2 hours. Now, my situation is most likely going to be different from most of the reader's, because I had special arrangements. I had to do a teleconference (video chat) interview rather than a regular normal fly-to-location - face to face interview that my peers most likely did. So since I would be working in another state, I was asked by Deloitte to go their office in my current state (which is not where I am gonna work) and video chat them from there. Interesting experience, but each interview was exactly 30 minutes with the interviewers being cut off/interrupted when another has to come in (its all automatic). So yeah...
But it was great and super prompt. I had the interview on friday and heard on monday.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As someone who was out of college 6 months prior, I had some say into what I wanted, because for some reason i was regarded as an experienced hire since I wasnt hired right out of college. However I was careful about it, because I had needed the job. So it ended being the avg that BTAs get paid with a signing bonus for relocation needs.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Oxford, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got the Interview through Career Fair. Had an on campus interview. It was fairly generic. I was asked basic question about my resume. Mostly conversational and relaxed. I would recommend to prepare based on your own resume and practice telling stories or giving examples of time when you stood out and give real experiences

Interview Question – When I was asked about a specific part of my resume and requested that I elaborate in the experience   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Campus Recruiting-
two rounds on campus: one fit and one technology case. each was half an hour.
next round was in their office. one 45 minute long interview with a partner.
The whole process was two weeks

Interview Question – The case   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for campus hires

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!