Deloitte

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014
3,214 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Financial Advisory Services (FAS) Interview

3 round process: The first was about my behaviour and background, the second was technical and included a case study, the 3rd and final round was about my expectations with D&T (Salary etc.)

Interview Questions
    • The case study: After an overview of the financial situation of a company and its business, I was asked to provide the key areas of risks related to its valuation   Answer Question

Deloitte Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Recruited from campus recruiting. Conducted a first round interview. After making it to the next round, my second round interview was a month later. I did not receive the decision until mid November.

I just started so I'll go into the interview process and how much contact I had with Deloitte.

Late August = "Meet The Firms" Breakfast
    Early September = "Meet the firms" Social
    Late September = "1st round interview"
    Early October = "Extend 2nd round office interview"
    Mid October = "Deloitte 2nd round social"
    Mid October = "Manhattan Beach Office Visit"
    Late October = "2nd Round office interview"
    Early November = "Deloitte Buddy Dinner"
    Early November = "Sporting Box Event"
    November = "Extend Offer"
    Dec 1st = Decision Deadline

Recruiting Process was 11 events total. When I first started, I thought it would be like 5 maximum.

Interview Questions
    • Plenty of the typical interview-type questions (strength, weakness, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what's the definition of a leader) The only question that caught me off guard was "What's the question that you're DYING for me to ask you"   Answer Question
    They gave me an offer in mid november and I had until Dec 1st to decide

Deloitte Federal Consulting Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Heard about Deloitte Federal Consulting through my career counselor at school. Went to their on-campus recruiting information session in addition to a coffee chat and a resume review, both in a coffee shop near campus. Everyone I met was nice and helpful. Sent in my resume and cover letter and heard back within a week about first round interviews on campus. Did first round interviews on campus. It consisted of a case that lasted about 20 minutes and a behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Heard back within a week that I had advanced to second round interviews, which is the final round. Final round interview is the same format as the first round interviews: one behavioral interview and one case interview. The final round case interview was much more quantitative (i.e., required lots of calculations) than the case interview in the first round.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview in second round interview (i.e., final round) was a case about selecting the best airport security scanner out of three options considering factors such as costs (including maintenance costs), time per scan, breakdown time, etc.   Answer Question

Auditing Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

First round was 45 min and the guy was super nice. "Tell me about yourself" in the beginning and them completely behavioral after that. Second round (final round) at the office, I met with 2 partners for about 30 min each. They were both much more formal than the first round interview (of course). Most questions were behavioral again. Absolutely no technical questions about accounting. Pretty simple. Just be relaxed and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when a group project did not go your way and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through campus career center. Made it through the first round and got cut off in the second round. Back to back 1 hour interview. They make decisions real quick. After the first round I got a call for the second round a few hours later. The interview was very conversational. It's more about getting to know you as a person.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time listened to others and met their expectations.
      Tell me about a time you get additional information from others and that information changed your mind

Answer Question

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Had phone interview with managers. Questions included the following:

Why the job?
    Do you have experience in FAS LS&HC?
    If you were to invest in a company, what would you do?
    How to you determine risk?

I didn't feel any of the questions were difficult. I had done my homework and was ready for any question.

My advice, do your homework and be yourself. In the end, I felt my expertise would be much appreciated at a different firm.

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Had a phone interview which lasted about 10 mins. She was very impressed with my resume` and my answers. We were told that they would be in contact on Monday, if you were selected for a 2nd interview. Not sure what happened but I didn't receive a call.

Audit Assistant Interview

The first stage was a 30 min phone interview - was very casual and relaxed. Had a nice conversation with an audit senior manager, who asked the typical "why accounting/audit /Deloitte?" questions initially. Had strong answers for those, which comprised most of the interview time. The interviewer then asked one behavioral question and following that, I was given the chance to ask questions.

The second stage included 2 30 min office interviews with a partner and a senior manager. Both interviews were very relaxed and comfortable. The interview with the partner was essentially a regular conversation - we talked about traveling around the world and he asked essentially zero behavioral questions. The interview with the senior manager was slightly more structured with a few questions geared towards understanding how you manage priorities, assignments and working with others on your team.

Overall, the interview process was very nice, efficient and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • looking back on your life, if there's one thing you wish you had done differently, what would it be?   Answer Question

Finance and Operations Risk Transformation Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview process was pretty laid back. It consisted of two thirty minute back-to-back interviews on my college campus with associates at the firm. There were no technical questions, just behavioral questions. Also, know your resume. They like to pick at a certain job or internship they're interested in and ask repeated questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you solved a difficult problem in a group   Answer Question