Deloitte

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014
2,908 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation. GL, AP, AR, FA, CM Modules. AIM Methodology, Functional Consultant. Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation. GL, AP, AR, FA, CM Modules. AIM Methodology, Functional Consultant

Interview Questions
    • Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation   View Answer
    Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

The interview is just behavior questions and interviewers are very friendly. The questions I remember is just about why you choose Deloitte, what kind of trouble you meet in the teamwork and how do you schedule your calendar. please tell a story of your resume.

Federal Analyst Interview

Pretty standard case questions and behavioral interview questions. I didn't feel like they were trying to catch me off guard. It was your usual "how did you handle a tough project, or what kind of questions would you start to get to a solution."

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions about mergers or onboarding processes.   Answer Question

Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview process through University. First round interview on campus, one 30 minute case interview and one 30 minute behavior interview. 4 first round candidates were invited back for second round. Second round was held at the Deloitte office. Included 2 behavioral interviews, 1 case interview, and 1 group case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to prepare for the case interviews but do not rely on a framework. Also, become friends with your group case partners before the group case interview begins. Improves team work during the group case interview.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

1. Submitted resume and cover letter through university's online portal
    2. Contacted for on campus interview
    3. On the interview day chatted with the Deloitte greeters before the actual interview
    4. I had a 30 minute interview with one person
    5. I was called and invited to 2nd round interviews in the office
    6. Had a dinner with about 3 other applicants and 2 deloitte employees the night before the second round interview
    6. In the office, had 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews, but also had a networking lunch in between my interviews
    7. called and offered the position

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time you completely failed something? what was the outcome? how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    it was non-negotiable, and they would not let me extend my offer either

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

The hiring process is a 3 part process. You get a call from a recruiter who tells you about the company and find out what your background and interests are. Next is the technical screening via phone where an employer from the company within the same area that you're looking to get hired into asks you a few specific technical questions related to your experience and knowledge of that particular area. You must make a great impression in order to move on to the next step. Do research and make sure you know your experience. The last step is the face-to-face interview where you may meet with 3 different Deloitte professions of various levels. This will consist of a business case study, technical interview and an overview of the company. They just want to see 3 things: 1) Can they put you in front of a client? 2) How well do you know about the area that you may get hired into? and 3) What would you do or have you done during certain situations/scenarios?. They are really picky, but just relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that I was asked was what could I do for the company. It's a pretty loaded question. But make sure you focus on client satisfaction.   Answer Question
    I negotiated and got a signing bonus.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The interview process was typical of any other experienced consultant hire interview. I got this interview via an employee referral. A 30 min phone conversation with the recruiter was then followed by a 30 min phone interview with a manager of the practice, I was interviewing for. I had to then fly to Chicago for 3, 1:1 interviews. The interview with the senior consultant was fairly technical and revolved around my experience and questions related to that. The subsequent rounds with the manager and the partner were fairly generic and not related to the practice , most of the questions being situational.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected.
      1. Did you ever have to think out of the box to overcome a limitation of the product you were implementing? How did you overcome the limitation?
        Answer Question
    If you are experienced, there's always room for negotiations.

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

I had a phone interview then I was invited to interview on site. I had three 1:1 interviews, with manager, senior manager, and partner. Straight forward - discuss background, why Deloitte, why valuation, etc. All fit questions. Be prepared to discuss your resume in detail and what experiences you have had that would make you a good fit with Deloitte. Emphasis is on culture of the firm, and how you would fit in.

non-negotiable

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

I recruited through my university, there were two rounds on interviews. In the first round there was on behavioral and one technical case. In the second round it was a full day of interviews (combination of behavioral and case)

Interview Questions

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!