Deloitte

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014
3,121 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Each candidate must go through 3 rounds of interviews(case, behavioral, technology) interviews. People cannot study for the case interview since they are current questions. Behavioral, people should answer about who they are not what they want to be.

Interview Questions
    Will offer lower pay scale

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through university. Interview was one case and one behavioral. Behavioral was really straight forward, while case was a little more difficult. After the interviews, I got called about a few hours later. Next had a networking night with an open bar tab, before going to regional office for final case interview.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Information session, case study workshop, first round interview (30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case study), networking dinner, second round interview (30 minute case study). Overall, a great process run by a friendly group of Deloitte employees. I felt very welcomed and interviewers seemed to be thoroughly interested in me.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I came in as an employee referral and things moved very quickly. I was told by my recruiter that I had an excellent panel interview and should expect an offer any day, once they figured out where to put me. After that, nothing made sense. The recruiter(s) acted as if they hadn't even looked over my resume and kept referring me to positions that had nothing to do with my professional background. I ultimately removed myself from the process out of frustration (and because I had other options).

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

On campus interview. Given mentor to help prepare for interview beforehand. Examples can also be found on their website. Process split into two days. First day, basic behavioral interview, and then one case interview where they give you a scenario and ask you questions on how you approach them using different steps of SDLC cycle. Contacted that evening about whether passed to move on to second interview next day, which is another case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for given situation analytic model/solution.   View Answer

Real Estate Winter Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

1. Why you are interested in real estate?
    2. Why would you better than other candidates?
    3. Tell me little more about option pricing model
    4. As a team leader, how could you deal with one is contribute more than the others in the team?
    5. How could you recognized and best utilized of your team member?
    That's all I remember.

Audit Assistant Interview

Behavioral interview... no big surprises... same questions in multiple interviews and in general interviewers could care less about following any script. Just be prepared to answer questions about working in a "team environment" and most "challenging situations" that you've encountered.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really difficult   View Answer

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

It was pretty awesome, they made sure everyone was comfortable. There was an informal campus coffee interview, followed by a case and behavioural (campus again), and then an onsite (san francisco, as i chose it as my first preference i was surprised i got my first preference). The on site was quite amazing, we were catered to really well, and everything was taken care of. There was a company presentation followed by behavioral, case and group presentation interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were lots of unexpected questions during our group presentation.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

The process started with meeting with partners at their office over the course of two months. Next I had two phone interviews, one behavioral and one being a case. Be sure to go through the case interview training module that they have on the career page as it helps a lot. From there I was flown out for Blitz interviews where we had dinner the night before and three interviews at their office. We had one group case which was an interesting experience as you are competing with those around you but also need to show your team work skills, one behavioral and one traditional 1:1 case interview. Overall the experience was amazing and the recruiters are great at what they do and are very quick to respond if you have any questions throughout the process! Loved it!

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for hard questions in the case interviews. They ask you questions that make you feel as if you are wrong so they can see how you handle the situation in front of a client. Know that that is what they are testing you on. Be comfortable and confident with thinking on your toes.   Answer Question