Deloitte

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015
3,404 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Federal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

The process was good overall. The case questions are pretty hard, and if the interviewer is in a rush it can be tough. The people are all incredibly nice, however, the amount of time that it took them to get back to me was rather rude. They said 2-3 weeks and it took them 5.

Interview Questions
    • Two cases that were basic quantitative and logic questions, but with a federal twit.   Answer Question

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I interviewed as an experienced hire, and a contact of mine sent my resume to a recruiter. The recruiter reached out to me for an informal chat. After the chat, she determined we should move forward, and set up a phone interview for me and a manager 3 days later. The phone interview was mostly behavioral - asked questions about my leadership and management styles, how I motivate a group of people, etc. The next day, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview. This was scheduled for two days later, and consisted of 3 in-person interviews. One was a behavioral interview - she asked questions about my experiences, why I wanted to get into consulting, etc. The next was a case interview - it wasn't too stressful. I practiced using their online tools, and looked up a few acronyms that were tossed around, as I had little prior business experience. I asked relevant questions and set up a framework for the interview. The last interview was more of a technical skills alignment interview - she asked questions more specific to what skills of mine would be transferable to consulting (e.g. analyzing the market, implementing a change in organizational structure, etc.). I was contacted within 2 weeks, and was given great feedback. Unfortunately, my timeline was not conducive to their anticipated start date, so I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you implemented an organizational change.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview took place over two rounds, which took place on campus. Each scheduled for 15-30 minutes with an audit partner. Deloitte held a pre-interview catered dinner at their office which allowed for a meet and greet of employees, interviewers, and other candidates. Also gave away some Deloitte swag.

Human Capital Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I got an interview through on campus recruiting at my university after attending a few events (one on campus, and one at their office). The whole process was a very positive experience. The employees were very willing to network and answer any questions about their position or the interview process. The first rounds interview took place on campus, 1 behavioral (30 minutes) and 1 case interview (30 minutes).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you did that is not on your resume?
      What position do you usually take when working on a team?

Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

I was referred by one of Deloitte's clients and I got invited to do a phone interview and attend one of their office visits in March. The interview process has been really good so far. Everyone I've talked to is very friendly and informative. They have done a good job of making me feel good about myself. Hoping I get an offer after the office visit!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when ethics were an issue in the workplace, describe a time when you were apart of a team that had conflict, describe a time when you had to complete an assignment in a short amount of time... basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

I met the recruiter at a career fair and was emailed to set up a phone interview with a senior manager. After this I was invited in for a series of interviews all consisting of behavioral questions

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

I first heard about the opening on my university's career website. After submitting my resume and cover letter, I was chosen to participate in an on campus interview with one director and one partner. This was your basic on campus interview (just some high level technicals and behavioral/fit questions). And then I was picked to come the the office downtown for an "office-visit" where I interviewed with about 5 other candidates. They provided us with breakfast and were very helpful in preparing us for the interview process that we were about to experience. Then we were each placed into a separate office where senior associates, directors and partners in BV came to each meet/interview us. Overall the office visit seemed very laid back and everyone was nice and interested to learn more about my qualifications and past experiences. Finally, after we finished the interviews in the office, they took us out for a very nice lunch at a restaurant nearby. All in all, it was a seamless and painless interview process.

Risk Analytics Interview

Application through on campus career center. Two interviews one day on campus. One interview the next day on campus. After this, the internship was offered or the candidate was rejected. No case interviews, it was all behavioral. The interviewers were very informative about the company and provided a lot of guidance about the various positions.

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Got an email from recruiter recommanded me to apply for this position. Applied through school's career service and company website. The interview consists two 30 mins back-to-back interviews. Mine was technical following by behavioral interview. The interview will be consisted primarily with some traditional behavioral questions like what's your greatest strength or weakness type of problems. Maybe one or two consulting question will be asked but no case question for this stage.