Deloitte

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015
3,314 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Consultant Interview

I was referred and come from a non-target school, had a phone screen interview that was straightforward and then 3 interviews in one day before they made a decision. The interviews were one thirty minute behavior, one thirty minute case, and one 45 minute case

Interview Questions
    • What did you do over the summer and how did it add to your overall experience?   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Pretty smooth and simple process. 1 hour orientation, 1 hour to talk to current consultants, and 2 30 minute interviews back to back with a PPD. No hard questions, almost purely conversational.

Not completed yet.

Summer Interview

First I sent in a resume online in order to try and secure a summer internship position. The interviewers were both a senior auditor and a senior manager. They both were very kind, and understood that I was nervous, and really just worked me around the interview, and helped me relax a lot.

Interview Questions
    • This being my first interview, I had come unprepared to ask them any questions about their company, and they kindly informed me that I did well, but that I should ask more questions if I was serious about the position.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied via Deloitte's online job board. Two weeks later I was contacted by the experienced hire recruiter via email to arrange a time for a telephone interview. We confirmed a mutually agreeable time and the recruiter confirmed she would call me. The agreed upon time came...no call. Approximately 50 minutes later I received an email stating she could call in 20 minutes if I was still available. I agreed to still speak with her and she called offering her apologies for missing our originally scheduled time. The conversation was pleasant with nothing unexpected. The recruiter advised me that she would be in touch. The next day she emailed stating she was referring me to a hiring manager for a phone interview. This interview was scheduled one week later. Again, nothing unexpected and a very pleasant conversation with the hiring manager. I followed up with the recruiter the next day and she advised that I would be interviewing with another hiring manager. This interview was scheduled to occur three days later but had to be rescheduled because of a holiday gathering. It was rescheduled for the following week. This interview was also very routine , professional, and went very well. The hiring manager advised that communication would probably slow for two weeks since Christmas was the following week. I followed up with the recruiter after the third interview. I again emailed her after the New Year and followed up with a voice mail. Zero communication. Also during this process I was provided with an official application, release, and background check. I have over 24 years experience in the profession and recently retired as a military officer. I am disappointed in the lack of professional courtesy offered by Deloitte. If I was no longer under consideration for their position a simple email or phone call would have been great. At this point, I will not consider Deloitte for future opportunities...if communication drops at the pre-hire stage it leads me to believe communication would be problematic as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions -- I am an expert in the federal program which Deloitte was hiring for.   Answer Question

Consultant - Strategy & Operations Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

The Interview process was very brief and misleading. The behavioral interview went great but it seemed they placed more weight and emphasis on the case interview, so if you do bad on the case portion but great on the behavioral part, you probably won't get the job.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Applied though campus recruiting. I did a phone interview for thirty minutes and behavioral interview at company site for one hour. The phone interview was very interesting and interactive. The recruiter was very nice and very interested in my background.

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

I applied through school's career services. Soon after I got an email from the recruiter and I was invited to an office right away without having a phone call interview.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with one partner and two managers, and the partner was very sharp in asking questions. She was asking questions after questions about the related topics.   Answer Question

AERS Advisory Consultant - Life Sciences Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

One week after applying online, received an email for confirmation and to set up a convenient time for two 30minute phone interviews (back to back). The interviews are very basic: why do you want to work for Deloitte, how do you interact with others, how do you deal with difficult coworkers, what kind of prior year long projects you have worked on, are you able to convey complex information/data so that clients fully understand. After the interview, they will brief you on how what it is like working for the company. If time is available, ask the interviewer questions you have about the company - will really tell if they like working there. Then two days later a behavioral survey will be sent by email and should be completed within 42hours. The survey was long and assess on how you will deal with managers, coworkers, and how you will work as a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What you have done in the past to encourage coworkers to finish a difficult task/project where the due date is nearing. (How you boost morale)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Resume screening, multiple interviews with senior manager and partners, very friendly and helpful talent manager to accommodate candidate's career goals and match business requirements of the firm; interviewees are honest and open to learn about you and share stories about the firm

Interview Questions
    You will be evaluated jn every aspect, from presentation, technical skill set, ability to express and communicate clearly, how well you appear to work well with others, potential for growth