Deloitte

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014
3,144 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I networked and applied online for the position, heard back within a week to schedule a first-round interview on campus. The first-round grilled me on my resume and had a behavioral section afterwards. I was asked about experience working in teams and how I deal with stress from what I remember.

I was invited to a second-round a few weeks later and interviewed with two partners and a senior manager. They were exceptionally friendly and the whole interview seemed like more of a social than an actual interview. I mostly just chatted about my experience, their careers, families, hobbies, etc. Be prepared to walk someone through your resume and answer a few behavioral questions but for the most part just be friendly and open to conversation. Don't be afraid to ask questions or chat about more personal matters like family and vacation.

Interview Questions
    • I had a low-ish GPA so if your GPA is not quite up to par, be prepared to explain and show what you have done to compensate or remedy. For the record, I had a 3.2-ish and was directly asked about my GPA.   Answer Question
    There was little negotiation, but my kindly recruiter raised my starting salary slightly. I would not be afraid to ask for more if you think it necessary.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte.

I got called to come back to company for an open position since I had the experience needed, application took a long time to fill out. Had several phone conversations with leaders to determine best fit

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall, but met with several people to talk about background.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Each candidate must go through 3 rounds of interviews(case, behavioral, technology) interviews. People cannot study for the case interview since they are current questions. Behavioral, people should answer about who they are not what they want to be.

Interview Questions
    Will offer lower pay scale

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

2 half-hour interviews back to back with managers on Campus. Before the interview, there was a pre-interview event the night before, and basically just talk with recruiters. After a few weeks, Deloitte will just send an email to notify whether you get to the second round or not

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

On campus interviews. 2 rounds
    Behavioral & Case
    Behavioral - interviewed by principal. no nonsense guy. typical behavioral questions. Was looking for fit. 30 minutes. questions like - how did you convey a difficult message to a client, most difficult teammate you worked with etc
    Case - technology case. Followed by 3 questions. had to answer each question and move on to the next. case was about application rationalization & infrastructure consolidation. Had some elements of organization structure issues that had to be answered. 30 mins

Interview Questions
    • was from the Case: what if the executive who was your project champion leaves the firm and you have to work with new people. how will you manage it?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

There was a pre interview dinner to get to know the staff. The on campus interview contained the standard behavioral questions. If you pass the first round, then you are invited to an interview at their office.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to change your position when negotiating?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by invitation to attend "Blitz" day in NYC. Blitz was a gerat experience, lots of networking, dinners, presentations, etc....They are really trying to sell you to Deloitte here. Some of the people you meet during Blitz you will work with once you get an offer, so it is important not only to form relationships with the interviewers, but your fellow candidates.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just be prepared for case studies, both individual and group.   Answer Question

ERS Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

The interview process was very efficient and quick lasting about 30 days from initial contact to offer. I was first contacted by a screener, then a recruiter for phone interviews. I then had 2 in person interviews on one day. Withing a week, I had a verbal offer. Negotiated salary and signon bonus.

Interview Questions
    I took a paycut but negotiated a higher sign on

AERS Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

I receive an email from a recruited. I originally applied through a university. There will be two thirty minute behavioral interviews that should last about an hour. Should be interviewing later on this week and will be sure to update in a couple days.

Interview Questions
    • i am currently prepping for the interview and trying to gage what will be asked but I will be more than happy to update at a later date.   Answer Question