Deloitte

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,858 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The process was relatively fast. Big 4 accounting firms are 'BIG" on referral hires versus outside applications, just FYI for anyone looking to work for them. I was referred by someone within, through a former co-worker of mine. We spoke about my work experience, and then I was referred to another person about a few days later who spoke to me about my work experience. She then forwarded up my information and i received the interview within a week.

The interviews itself, again depend on location, the position applied for, and the people who interview you. They have your resume in front of them, so try not to lie and they usually know if you know what you're talking about. There 3 interviews, each back to back, lasting 30 mins. The first one primarily asked about work experience; things such was was rewarding, what could i have done different and just to explain each jobs responsibilities while I was there. The second and third interviews were open-floor. I did most of the question asking, with them asking a few as well. This is the part where you want to show that you did research on them, which should be factored into your questions. Don't be too technical, they each told me the like people with personalities. The key word to hit on is PERSONABLE, that word will take you VERY far. That same week I was informed that I they had chosen me.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a question that was too difficult. I think each experience depends on the location of the office for the interview and the people interviewing you as well as the position you are applying for. Each of the three individuals I met with were very pleasant to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

I received the interview through an on campus career fair and received a phone call from the partner with the offer around two hours after the last interview. The actual interviewing stage consisted 5 interviews over two days, all of which were fairly easy behavioral questions. In each of my interviews we blew through the typical behavioral questions and ended up just having casual conversation until they called time. Really, it felt that they were less interested in what you know and more about how you interacted with those you're unacquainted with, however, that may have been just because I came from a non-target major and had no knowledge of accounting or finance.

Interview Questions
    • All were fairly easy. I suppose the 'Tell us about a time when..' questions were the most difficult.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were effective despite being told otherwise by, well, everyone.

Associate 7 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

The first round was HR where they assess the suitability of profile and basic skills relevant to job and explain about the job.
    Second round was a technical interview specific to Oracle EBS areas.
    Third round was with a Senior Manager. This was a non-technical round and explore areas worked and other things.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate as the salary offered was 20% hike which is quite good.

Audit Assistant Interview

Got an interview through my college (Deloitte came to campus). Interviewed with a partner who asked behavioral type questions and reviewed my resume. Made it to second round interviews (treated to dinner the night before), second interview in the office with a different partner.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were unable to complete a task assigned to you   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Campus interview and office interview. The questions are around my experience listed on resume. I did not encounter any behavior questions. Leadership activities outside class is valued. The interview should be like a conversation rather than question and answer.

Tax Interview

Easy- applied on campus, had on-campus then office interview. Mainly had questions on my resume and experience. Make sure to make a good impression on greeters, they are interviewing you too.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used your skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

I liked other firms more.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte.

Talked with HR representative, then one 45 minute phone case interview and one 45 minute behavioral interview. Both were very relaxed, the Case interviewer took time to get to know you before the start. Similarly, they pick an interviewer with a similar background as you.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to complete a projected you were un interested in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interviewed with Manager, Senior Manager and a Partner. They are very nice and helpful. Questions like "tell me about yourself" "what's your biggest strength" Some detail questions about accounting including merge and acquisition, but fairly easy. Just be passionate and relax.

Interview Questions
    Very smooth with the recruiter. Get a signing bonus.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hermitage Hills, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage Hills, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

The actual hiring/interview process wasn't bad. I got recommended by one of the current interns that already worked there. I went in for the interview after sending in my resume and what not. The interview really just focused on what you were planning to do in the future and what your actual role during the internship would be. Overall, the interview was pretty chill. However, there were questions in which a scenario would be given, and you would have to give your answer on how you would handle the situation. Not bad, but they would make you think a little.

Interview Questions
    • My position was for a role in which I didn't know that much about the actual duties that would take place (Microsoft Access, InfoPath, SharePoint, etc.) The toughest question would probably be when asked how I would handle a situation if I were working in SharePoint on a tight project that was due the next day. What steps would I take to ensure that the project gets done on time. So not too bad, but definitely makes you think.   Answer Question
    I really didn't negotiate. One, because I needed the internship so I was going to take it pretty much regardless. Two, Deloitte actually went up what they pay their interns hourly this year, so I definitely was satisfied with the ending pay.

Tax Interview

First round on campus: talk about yourself, work experience, nice interviewer, easy interview.
    Second round in office: a lot of candidates...2 30 mins interviews by SM and partner. Not too difficult but I was very very nervous...

Interview Questions

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!