Deloitte

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014
2,915 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

It was a campus interview. The first round was resume shortlisting. This was followed by group discussion. This was followed by two rounds of interviews with the directors.Mostly behavourial. Was not very difficult

Tax Interview

Totally conversational. The student is the one that should make sure the conversation go to the right way. To be prepared, try to list things that really make you stand out from other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Not really unexpected. But when we were talking about random things, the recruiter asked me what is my favorite accounting class so far.   Answer Question

Federal Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

The recruitment process on campus was fast and well-planned. Most of the people who came to interview applicants were alumni. The interview process involved one behavioral interview and two case study interviews. The second case study was longer and the interviewer was more strict.

Interview Questions
    • With your majors, why are you looking at consulting and not going into industry?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Round I: Telephonic interview with Senior Manager
    Overall the interview was very relaxed and straightforward. Manager started by explaining what kind of product/ application his team is working on and then asked me about how that fits with the scheme of things at my current job.
    I gave 3 different examples of what I am doing at my present employer and how that matches with what they are doing. To my benefit there was lot of overall in terms of type of work and that played in my favour.
    Moreover, the manager also presented a case saying "What are the most important things you would look into when you are developing an application.....". I explained my thought process and then the answer. Although the answer was not perfect, but he liked the thought process and overall liked my response.
    Recommendation - Try to keep it like a conversation, During the conversation if some points come up try to link them with examples from your work, even if you don't know an answer make sure you depict your thought process.

Round II: Telephonic interview with Director
    The interview was 30 min as planned.
    Questions asked - tell me about yourself, questions on the current responsibilities to check whether I really know stuff, "what question I should have asked, which I did not ask, to make me hire you", "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company".
    Recommendation - Be thorough with your stuff, expect to receive behavioral questions and answer them confidently.

Round III: In person with Senior Manager
    Interview lasted for 30-45 min.
    Questions asked - tell me about yourself, lots of questions on the content (be sure of what you are saying and also be thorough with your content), presented multiple cases/ situations like - "If you are with Deloitte and you have to advise client to either build a solution right from the scratch or buy similar solution already available in the market, how would you go about it? I explained using an example....I thought taking an example was the best approach and also connected with one particular case at my employer".
    Recommendation - know your content thoroughly and keep your mind open to receive questions on it, Keep the thinking cap on.

Round IV: In person with Managing Director
    Interview lasted for 40-50 min
    I was expecting the interview to be more on behavioral side but turned out to be 80% on the content and 20% on behavioral side.
    Questions asked - "Tell me the purpose of this "XYZ" application you built" (the MD was really keep on knowing how we built the XYZ application since they are also doing something similar in his group/ team), "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company"., In the end he asked me if I have any questions to ask....I did ask 3 questions which were linked to our interview conversation.
    Recommendation - Be confident, detailed but to the point as well, have a positive body language, definitely ask questions...I realized asking good smart questions does strengthen your case.

Overall experience - Straightforward, not difficult, things moved pretty quickly...whole process got completed within 4 weeks, content based...need to be strong on your content, should be able to think at the spur of the moment

Interview Questions
    • 1. "what question I should have asked, which I did not ask, to make me hire you",
       2. "You seem to be doing similar kind of work we are doing at Deloitte, what is new that you will bring to our group/ company".
        Answer Question
    Yes, HR accepted my counter offer.
    While negotiating be reasonable with your counter and have solid reasons for the same, for example - median market rate in the region, your experience etc. but at the same time make sure you convey the idea that money is not the everything.

Senior Consultant Interview

Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation. GL, AP, AR, FA, CM Modules. AIM Methodology, Functional Consultant. Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation. GL, AP, AR, FA, CM Modules. AIM Methodology, Functional Consultant

Interview Questions
    • Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation   View Answer
    Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

First round interview at the college recruitment office. They were polite but reserved. Included a 30 minute behavioral and a 30 minute case interview. I did not go through the typical route to get the interview but did meet them at the campus career fair. It is helpful that I have a great GPA but a detriment is my college major, which is not in the realm of business.

Interview Questions
    • The business case about how a company should brand their TVs to help sales.   Answer Question

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

The interview is just behavior questions and interviewers are very friendly. The questions I remember is just about why you choose Deloitte, what kind of trouble you meet in the teamwork and how do you schedule your calendar. please tell a story of your resume.

Federal Analyst Interview

Pretty standard case questions and behavioral interview questions. I didn't feel like they were trying to catch me off guard. It was your usual "how did you handle a tough project, or what kind of questions would you start to get to a solution."

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions about mergers or onboarding processes.   Answer Question

Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview process through University. First round interview on campus, one 30 minute case interview and one 30 minute behavior interview. 4 first round candidates were invited back for second round. Second round was held at the Deloitte office. Included 2 behavioral interviews, 1 case interview, and 1 group case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to prepare for the case interviews but do not rely on a framework. Also, become friends with your group case partners before the group case interview begins. Improves team work during the group case interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!