Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015
4,061 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview. Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers. A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc). A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch. Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company. Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences. Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA).

Interview

The whole hiring process is like a well oiled machine. I was referred to Deloitte by a current employee and was able to bypass some of the screening process. It started with a phone screen with a recruiter which went well. They will ask you about your experiences and work along with asking questions about your current salary (hint: Give a range or decline to answer the question). A few days later, I was speaking with a Director in the Public Sector Group and after that -- they had me interviewing in the Boston office. Deloitte goes out of their way to make the recruitment and interview process as painless as possible, I found, and were very responsive to questions and comments via email and phone. The interview composed of 2 separate conversations with members of the Boston team. After this, I was flown out to Camp Hill to speak to 2 more folks. This isn't normal as they wanted to check and see if I had versatility and experience working in the Public Sector as well as the general Human Capital work I would be doing. I came in as an experienced recruit so they asked me solely behavioral questions and I did not receive any case studies although I did walk them through my process in project management and overall program management support. They really want to see your thought process so be sure to highlight this. My Boston interviews were more interview focused and I received positive feedback from my recruiter after I sent thank you notes. My Camp Hill conversations were very conversational and I learned a lot about the work being done and the experiences my two Deloitte interviewers had with the firm. Questions centered around work that I had done with my clients before and they also gave you an opportunity to ask questions. I would recommend trying these questions when it comes time for you to ask questions to the interviewer. I received really solid feedback when I asked these questions: - If I have the opportunity to get an offer, what kind of projects and work would you have me work on? This type of questions helps the interviewer put you into the role and envisions you doing the work. I actually stumped my interviewer and she said that it was a great question and she had to think about it. - What kind of person do you envision for this job? This gave me the opportunity to hear from them how they envisioned the ideal candidate to be and also provided me with an opportunity to fill in gaps if I missed anything and reinforce my skill set. - What made you choose Deloitte? Easy question and provides for you to share why you would be a good fit. I had my interviews in the morning and they flew me home later that day. Two days later, I received a verbal offer and then a written offer. I accepted. All in all, my experience was very positive and I had fun. Deloitte made the process very comfortable for me and their recruiters are just awesome. They really have an interest in your success and are your advocate so certainly use them and work with them (and say thank you!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to bring someone over to your point of view who was resistant to change   Answer Question
    • What experiences have you had managing work streams or work threads? What kind of role did you have in this work?   Answer Question
    • How do you go about solving a problem? Identifying a risk/issue?   1 Answer

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone screening with HR. Phone interview with a senior manager. In-office interviews with Partners. I was conveyed the decision in a couple of weeks time. Unfortunately, there wasn't much scope for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background, my work experience and kind of client work I had done in the past. The interviews were in a friendly environment.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

2 rounds on campus; first round was a basic behavioral from an SC/Manager; 2nd round was a 20 minute case, 3rd round was a more formal behavioral with a partner

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

3 interview over 2 days. 2 case studies and 1 behavioral. Case studies were related to ERP integration. Behavioral was easy. The common behavioral questions were asked for which I had the answers ready. You have to get selected at the end of first day's interview to get called for the second day's interview. I had 1 Case study and 1 Behavioral during my first day. I got a call around 8 pm to be ready for next day. Second day was again a case study related to ERP systems. I had some experience in ERP so I fared very well.

Interview Questions

• Case study related to SAP integration.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews; the first round is 30 minutes behavioral questions followed by 30 minutes of a case interview. Medium difficulty. The second round is a day long process with other candidates consisting of multiple interviews with partners and cases, including a group case. Challenging, time consuming, but very cool. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• How I would implement an internal social networking site with a given budget   Answer Question

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

On-campus recruiting at University of Pittsburgh. The process from start to finish took approximately 3 to 4 months. Interviews were with a Senior Manager and Managers. Questions were simple and open questions but it really depends on who is the interviewer.

Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and efficient. They equally care about both the academic background/technical skills and the cultural aspect. They are basically testing for the mindset and ability to learn instead of actual knowledge itself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First, I was contacted my a recruiter who spoke to me about Deloitte's work culture. This conversation seemed to be an assessment of me and whether I would jibe with the work culture. Next, I had 3 interviews set up: technical, behavioral, and case study. Technical: pretty straight forward--asked about technical capability and experiences with softwares behavioral: an assessment of whether your personality would fit with the company: asked about why Deloitte, why consulting, details about various work experiences, etc. Felt like a 'getting to know you' conversation Case study: lasted exactly 25 min with 5 min for questioning. Didn't follow typical case interview format b/c my interviewer read me all the information

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, able to negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Met with three sr. managers for a behavioral, technical, and case interview. I thought it was going to be a stressful interview process, but the sr. managers are really personable and help you (somewhat) through the case study. I heard back in a week.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with SQL or other programming languages, and Excel.   Answer Question