Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interview was Okay, the partner was easy to talk with and candid about the work he had done and his experiences which made it easier for me to share my strengths and interests with him.

Interview Question – What was your favorite speech?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Interview

Summer Leadership
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I applied through OCR position and went to the second round. It was very competitive, but interview process was fun because I had time to look around the office with professionals and network with them before and after the interview. So I could learn so many things from the process.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very straightforward; several phone interviews, then a day of round robin face to face interviews with the directors and senior managers. Total of about 8 interviews for 1 hour each.

Interview Question – Don't remember - didn't seem to have any thing that was outstanding   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with their compensation which seemed very fair, so I did not negotiate

Manager Interview

Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position.
First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc,
Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected)
Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted late June 2014 and the process took approximately 3 weeks (only because of July 4th, or it would be 2 weeks). This is for FEDERAL BTA, which means you will be working on government stuff.

I was called by the recruiting coordinator. She was nice and wanted to help me as much as possible. We talked a bit about what the job was about and its location (consider it a very laid back interview, but dont discount that you can 'fail' it), and she asked me about relocation and salary and basic requisites like US citizenship and all that, then she paired me up with an interviewer.

1st Round- Technical Interview:
As someone with a STEM degree, I was paired up with a developer for a initial technical phone interview. Be very careful, it is indeed technical. The person will be a senior specialist who knows their stuff and will definitely know when you are trying to play him/her. They will DEFINITELY scour your resume and ask you questions from it. Here are some questions I wrote down for yall:
what is the difference between scripting and object oriented languages?
what is the primary thing about oo languages?
how to SELECT from a table (relational database)?
what is a relational database?
What is the steps in SDLC?
What are JOIN?
What is AJAX? You know what it means? What is it used for? Give me an example if an AJAX website.

They can ask other meta questions. However do not base your preparations off of my exact questions. Base them of the format or depth. I told them I knew Java and the interviewer decided to test my knowledge on concepts. So kinda at least understand all terms and stuff you used in your resume.

2nd Round- All in one:
I had a case, technical and culture fit/behavioural interview. 3 different people in different timeslots, singularly, in one day spanning 2 hours. Now, my situation is most likely going to be different from most of the reader's, because I had special arrangements. I had to do a teleconference (video chat) interview rather than a regular normal fly-to-location - face to face interview that my peers most likely did. So since I would be working in another state, I was asked by Deloitte to go their office in my current state (which is not where I am gonna work) and video chat them from there. Interesting experience, but each interview was exactly 30 minutes with the interviewers being cut off/interrupted when another has to come in (its all automatic). So yeah...
But it was great and super prompt. I had the interview on friday and heard on monday.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As someone who was out of college 6 months prior, I had some say into what I wanted, because for some reason i was regarded as an experienced hire since I wasnt hired right out of college. However I was careful about it, because I had needed the job. So it ended being the avg that BTAs get paid with a signing bonus for relocation needs.

Federal Business Technology Analyst Interview

Federal Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process included one standard interview and 2 case interview. Each was a half hour long. The interviews were conducted by either managers or principals. The standard interview wasn't very difficult, and in the case interview the interview was willing to be helpful.

Interview Question – Hypothetical situation regarding improving the technology infrastructure of a medical manufacturer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Audit Interview

Audit
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

Interview Details – It's about 40 minutes interview. Most are behavior interview questions, like tell me about yourself, how would you handle difficult situation? What are your greatest strengths? Not hard question. My first interview in U.S, really good experience.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

Interview Question – What would it take to sell you on Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview. I immediately interviewed with two employees then was asked to go to the main office to interview with a partner. The whole process was fairly straightforward and didn't required any particular skill. It seemed to be more focused on your ability to analyze a problem and make sense of it.

Interview Question – You have a customer who presents a problem to you. Present your plan of attack and explain the way you approach the problem.   View Answer

EDiscovery Coordinator Interview

EDiscovery Coordinator
Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went through two different interviews, first with the outside hiring firm that contacted me and second with the manager at Deloitte's eDiscovery division. The interview was intense, but definitely a positive experience. The worker at Deloitte didn't ask the typical interview questions and was very interested in knowing the intentions as to why I wanted the job and how I'd be the best fit.

Interview Question – I have a law degree and I was asked why I wasn't pursuing a career that required it, as well as if I'd be okay not really using it.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!