Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015
3,882 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview. Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers. A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc). A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch. Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company. Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences. Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA).

Interview

The whole hiring process is like a well oiled machine. I was referred to Deloitte by a current employee and was able to bypass some of the screening process. It started with a phone screen with a recruiter which went well. They will ask you about your experiences and work along with asking questions about your current salary (hint: Give a range or decline to answer the question). A few days later, I was speaking with a Director in the Public Sector Group and after that -- they had me interviewing in the Boston office. Deloitte goes out of their way to make the recruitment and interview process as painless as possible, I found, and were very responsive to questions and comments via email and phone. The interview composed of 2 separate conversations with members of the Boston team. After this, I was flown out to Camp Hill to speak to 2 more folks. This isn't normal as they wanted to check and see if I had versatility and experience working in the Public Sector as well as the general Human Capital work I would be doing. I came in as an experienced recruit so they asked me solely behavioral questions and I did not receive any case studies although I did walk them through my process in project management and overall program management support. They really want to see your thought process so be sure to highlight this. My Boston interviews were more interview focused and I received positive feedback from my recruiter after I sent thank you notes. My Camp Hill conversations were very conversational and I learned a lot about the work being done and the experiences my two Deloitte interviewers had with the firm. Questions centered around work that I had done with my clients before and they also gave you an opportunity to ask questions. I would recommend trying these questions when it comes time for you to ask questions to the interviewer. I received really solid feedback when I asked these questions: - If I have the opportunity to get an offer, what kind of projects and work would you have me work on? This type of questions helps the interviewer put you into the role and envisions you doing the work. I actually stumped my interviewer and she said that it was a great question and she had to think about it. - What kind of person do you envision for this job? This gave me the opportunity to hear from them how they envisioned the ideal candidate to be and also provided me with an opportunity to fill in gaps if I missed anything and reinforce my skill set. - What made you choose Deloitte? Easy question and provides for you to share why you would be a good fit. I had my interviews in the morning and they flew me home later that day. Two days later, I received a verbal offer and then a written offer. I accepted. All in all, my experience was very positive and I had fun. Deloitte made the process very comfortable for me and their recruiters are just awesome. They really have an interest in your success and are your advocate so certainly use them and work with them (and say thank you!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to bring someone over to your point of view who was resistant to change   Answer Question
    • What experiences have you had managing work streams or work threads? What kind of role did you have in this work?   Answer Question
    • How do you go about solving a problem? Identifying a risk/issue?   1 Answer

Advisory Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Very knowledgable and kind interviewers. They all are genuinely interested in the people they are speaking to. Every person I talked to had a great story about their experience and the opportunities there

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

3 interviews back to back after an initial phone interview. Very positive experience and interaction. More of a conversation than an interview. Interviews were a combination of technical, behavioral and overall fit.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? How does your experience relate to the job you are applying for? Can you tell me about a project you worked on? What was your role on the project?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It is 3-round interview. You'll first get an online test, then manager interview and then partner interview. The test is not too difficult and but the manager may ask you some behavior questions. The partner interview is quite short and simple. The whole process is about 2 months, which is kind of frustrating, but when I finally got the phone call I was so excited.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The process started through on campus networking events where current employees from 1st years to partners attended. This was very informal and anyone could go. The next step was to drop a resume with them and wait for a call back. The interview was your typical conversational interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used leadership to solve a problem   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and got call from recruiter. The recruiter was pretty quick in setting the interview with Project Manager. One round of phone interview. Asked about my past experience and education

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The hiring process was very well organized. The recruiter was able to schedule each of the three interviews back to back on the same day, which worked well as I didn't want to take multiple days off going through the interview process. The decision to hire was made in a reasonable time (2-3 days after the interview).

Interview Questions

• Explain some of the challenges you think you would face in the consulting world and how would you overcome those challenges?   Answer Question

Base salary was not what I was expecting.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed with Deloitte. They did ask some technical questions that a candidate should be prepared to answer. We had to interview with several people (approximately 6 people). I think they look for smart candidates that are willing to work hard.

NextGen National Leaders Conference Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On campus interview based on pre-approved resumes and cover letters. The interview consisted of two parts: behavioral analysis and a case study. Both were fairly straight forward. To do well in the behavioral analysis section, know your strengths and how to connect them to concrete projects or experiences you have. Also, know why you want to be a part of such a great company. The case study portion was like most other case studies, pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use your most valuable skills to overcome a difficult problem or scenario.   Answer Question