Deloitte

Updated Sep 30, 2014
2,950 Interview Reviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

First Round: the first round included a behavioral and case interview. The behavioral interview while seemingly less important than the case is what they make final hiring decisions on. Now that I work with recruiting, the hiring managers/partners often comment they they "couldn't put them on a client" or that "they would hate sitting next to them on an airplane." The business case is easy if you follow the technology cases online.

Second Round: The recruiter tells you that this is just going to be a case interview, but when you get into the room usually the Partner (who makes the final decision) asks you a couple behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I think the hardest questions was around custom building or buying a package technology for Customer Management (CRM). The answer is that managing customer information is not really a novel problem and therefore it makes sense to use a package technology.   Answer Question
    No negotiation really. They have a set figure and it doesn't move.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Audit Senior Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through campus career center and was contacted for an interview on campus with one person. No technical questions were asked, only behavioral questions. I was invited to their offices for a second round of interviews. This time I met with 2 partners and 1 director. These were all behavioral questions too.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too unexpected. If you research behavioral questions and prepare a few situations you can spin multiple ways you will be fine.   Answer Question

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Applied and interviewed through campus. First round was two one-on-one interviews, one behavioral and one case. Turn over was very quick and was notified by the end of the day for the second round. Second round was one-hour case with two interviewers, both senior managers and above. If you pass then the offer will be made within a few business days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, only standard Vault questions. The case for the second round was very hard though, almost everyone that came out looked very disappointed.   View Answer
    No negotiation. The offer was at the high end of the industry.

ERS Consultant Interview

This was one of the most relaxed interviews I've had. I interviewed with a Manager, Senior Manager and Partner back to back for 30 minutes each. All behavioral questions, simply getting to know me as a person and prospective employee. I also got a tour of the office and was taken out for breakfast by two consultants before my interview. Very nice.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

It was a campus interview. The first round was resume shortlisting. This was followed by group discussion. This was followed by two rounds of interviews with the directors.Mostly behavourial. Was not very difficult

Tax Interview

Totally conversational. The student is the one that should make sure the conversation go to the right way. To be prepared, try to list things that really make you stand out from other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Not really unexpected. But when we were talking about random things, the recruiter asked me what is my favorite accounting class so far.   Answer Question

NextGen Conference Participant Interview

Resume drop
    First round - case + 2 behaviorals
    Second round - Flew down to headquarters for group case, individual case, 2 behaviorals and networking with various professionals in the office

Offer came from the conference - conference was at DU and overall a great experience. Deloitte definitely takes care of its early ID conference participants.

Senior Consultant Interview

Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation. GL, AP, AR, FA, CM Modules. AIM Methodology, Functional Consultant. Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation. GL, AP, AR, FA, CM Modules. AIM Methodology, Functional Consultant

Interview Questions
    • Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation   View Answer
    Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Implementation

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

First round interview at the college recruitment office. They were polite but reserved. Included a 30 minute behavioral and a 30 minute case interview. I did not go through the typical route to get the interview but did meet them at the campus career fair. It is helpful that I have a great GPA but a detriment is my college major, which is not in the realm of business.

Interview Questions
    • The business case about how a company should brand their TVs to help sales.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!