Deloitte

Average Difficulty
2,767 candidate interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2008.

Interview Details – Deloitte is very comprehensive. Phone interviews with Consultants. 3 in person itnerviews with a case study question (1 hour). Extensive Background Check. Salary Check you name it!

Interview Question – The Case Quesition   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you conduct a research for the position you are applying for and the area you will be working in. The info is out there you just need to find it! If you know your numbers you will be able to get what your worth.

Computer Analyst Interview

Computer Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online at my University's career website and I was selected for a actual interview. The interviewer was a nice software engineer worked in Deloitte. He worked there for a quite long time. He was very nice and informative. I just got rejected because of my lack of experience. I think it's very important to check your qualification before applying this company. After all this is a great place to start your career.

Interview Question – What would you do when you are in a long boring meeting with a client?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2007.

Interview Details – Very long (took months) and intense. Inverviewed with 5 team members and two seniors. Unfortunately the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't sitting in the area the receptionist thought she was in.... So - i sat waiting for a half an hour, and she was waiting for me in a different area. I would recommend getting a cell phone number for the person you are going to interview with in case of logistical problems.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people and challenging situations? How do you handle a challenge?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be up front about your expectations. Negotiate if you can.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2009.

Interview Details – Think 3 main hoops to jump through on 3 separate days over a 3 month period. The first stage is an online virtual aptitude/IQ test. First comes the numerical one, if you are successful with that, they invite you to take the verbal test. I would suggest you search online for practice tests, this could be a purely personal thing, but the numerical test was the most demanding. Revise fractions, percentages, ratios & interpreting data from graphs; do them over & over again until you become quick at them - time pressure makes this test difficult.
If you are successful at stage 1, they will invite you to the offices you have applied to for a first interview. The HR people at Deloitte were, without exception, all very friendly and accommodating. There was a good atmosphere, conducive to me relaxing and being able to express myself freely. The first 1:1 interview was with a line manager from the service line you apply to. Deloitte publish on their website 6 competencies that they look for at this stage. I found prior preparation to be the key here; sit down for half an hour and brainstorm 2/3 examples for each competency.
Stage 2 is the toughie, an all-day affair. You get there early morning and are taken to a computer to sit an e-tray exercise on a fictitious business case. Keep your head, open & read all attachments & answer all the email questions (24) in 60 mins. Next you get 1 hr. to compose a written response to the case. Structure the mail carefully, because after lunch you will face questions on what you write in your final partner interview. I used bullet points. Act professionally with the partner, be prepared to explain weaknesses on CV

Interview Question – "What specifically can you tell me about the audit process?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate what year you start; i.e. you can negotiate a 1 yr. deferral before starting.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was held on campus (for the first round). I had 2 people interviewing me, and both lasted 30 minutes long. The first part was asking me behavioral questions including why I wanted to work for Deloitte, and why I would be a good fit for the company and as a consultant. The second interview was a case interview, and it was asking me about opening a new boutique shop. Kind of odd, because they didn't ask me any numbers (where I had to calculate the profit or revenue) and just wanted me to give some ideas on how to approach the solution.
Didn't make it to the second round, but overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to apply to our company and what makes you a good fit?   Answer Question

Project Controller Interview

Project Controller

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was one-on-one and they asked some of the toughest quetions I have ever been asked. They were either tough or worded in a way I have never heard the question asked. One of the questions was name one of your values and name a time that you went against that value. I came up with something with respect and a time i had failed to respect someone. But, all in all you have to be extremely prepared and try not to over think!

Interview Question – How do you handle long work days and stress at work?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – Started off with one 1:1 Behavioral interview and one 1:1 case interview. Second rounds were a 2:1 case interview

Interview Question – It was a business case, difficult, several parts   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2008.

Interview Details – Do your homework! There were about four interviews and the last one turned out to be a grilling on the "Deloitte" way of consulting. In other words, they'll give you a scenario and ask what your approach to solving the client's problem would be but what they are REALLY asking for is how Deloitte approaches the solution. Unless, you have a friend already in the company or you were once a client, you will have no idea what this approach is. To add insult to injury, i had specifically asked the recruiter if this would be a technical interview and I was told that it wasn't only to find out that it was. Not that any preparation I would have done would have helped since I had no insiders to tip me off. They sell themselves as really positive and employee-friendly but for the most part the interviewers were curt and quite unfriendly in some cases almost to the point of being rude.

Interview Question – You have a client who wants to start up at a new location. How would you approach the development of this "new company"   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – I talked to this company at my schools quarterly career fair. I also applied online. An interview was scheduled a week later. The interview contained heavy behavioral questions. The best advice i can give is to really prepare for this interview by developing answers to hard questions. Make sure you do your research on the company too!

Interview Question – Please describe a situation in your career/professional life where you passed bad judgment. And what steps did you take to correct it and what did you learn   Answer Question

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Audit Senior Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Interview Details – You have to constantly call the recruiting manager and show you are interested all the time. Unless you take the initiative, they will dismiss your resume. You have to do your homework about the company and the position you are applying for; many times the recruiting manager has no idea of the details of the position, and to your advantage, that shows interest.

Reason for Declining – Since the recruiter knew less than me about the position, it turned out it wasn't for my city. I had to decline because I can't move and it was too far away to commute.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!