Deloitte

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,855 interviews

Computer Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2008.

I applied for this position online at my University's career website and I was selected for a actual interview. The interviewer was a nice software engineer worked in Deloitte. He worked there for a quite long time. He was very nice and informative. I just got rejected because of my lack of experience. I think it's very important to check your qualification before applying this company. After all this is a great place to start your career.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when you are in a long boring meeting with a client?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

An external recruiter performed the initial contact and pre-screening with me via telephone. She also provided interviewing tips verbally and in writing. Once I passed the pre-screening call, I spoke with a Deloitte recruiting professional. After the second call, I the external recruiter informed me that Deloitte wanted to schedule a set of in-person interviews with four consultants and managers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was posed to me outside of an interview. A consultant asked me if I would be willing to work 7 days a week (4 days away from home in another city, 1 day in a Deloitte office and 2 days on the weekend).   View Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I was selected through the on-campus recruitment process. Deloitte has a few Receptions on campus to allow selected students to network with current employees, to learn more about the company. Once selected they ask you to fill out a couple of online forms before you interview with them. I had a 1 hr interview - 30 mins case study interview, and 30 min behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was very unexpected due to my background. Case study - a CFO has newly joined the company due to a acquisition and the employees do not like her, and she has a new implementation of a data management system that will help them save time as they currently have 5 different systems that allow them to generate reports over a period of 2 months. How should she go about the Content Risk Analysis. I do not have any business background and I would have appreciated if Deloitte took the time to understand my background before interviewing me. As it seemed as a big waste of time and energy. Also the behavioral interview was very unexpected, as the interviewer made so many assumptions, and was so confused, and the worst thing was that he kept telling me that he is confused. Well duh, you wouldn't be confused if you read my resume before interviewing me.   View Answers (2)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview.

First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally.

Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :)

Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview.

Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Step 1: Online application, Step 2: a 5-minute phone interview, Step 3: invitation to a 5-hour Assessment Centre, Step 4: invited to Case-Study&Partner Interview. Step 5: final offer or rejection.
    Although I was rejected in the end, it was the best recruitment process I've had. The company provided enough information regarding their expectation. They used their own HR Department as well as employee/management to assist recruitment instead of using external HR agency, which made their hiring principle well align with the company's operation. The people were ultra nice and professional, and the company culture looks youthful, creative and caring.

Interview Questions
    • The final case study gave a scenario of an organisation with efficiency problem, required candidate making timely decision on both business strategy and specific process.   View Answer

MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  East Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in East Cleveland, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

long, tedious and stressful...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

The interview process was fantastic. There was an initial case interview with 2 different Senior Consultants. The second stage was a formal dinner with all other candidates. The third and final interview day was a 4 hour group case, followed by several 1:1 interviews. I can't say enough good things about it even though I didn't end up getting the position. The people and the process, although tough, were great.

Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

College event, followed by evening meet and great then two on campus interviews

Interview Questions
    • How do you explain your low grades? I have a 3.80 GPA. Question caught me off guard.   View Answer

IT Auditor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview was conducted with one Director and the HR Manager. The HR Manager started with questions like, why did are you resigning from your previous post, why did you choose Deloitte, what are your weaknesses, and then the Director asked technical questions like how would you audit a windows based environment, what kind of evidence would you seek which are more reliable etc

Interview Questions
    • technical questions like what is the difference auditing windows environment and linux environment   Answer Question

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

It was 2 1:1 interview on campus with Deloitte Tax for the Economic Consultant position. Because they were hiring primarily for consultants in the transfer pricing group, you really have to know a lot about transfer pricing before going into the interviews. So my advice to future candidates would be to be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What is transfer pricing? What are the different TP methods?   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!