Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015
3,789 Interview Reviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied via the school careers service. Got a call from the HR after about 2 weeks wanting to schedule a telephonic technical interview with the Hiring Manager. Had a 30-35 minute call with the manager and he asked me questions related to my resume and experience. After about 2 weeks received another mail saying that they would like to schedule a in person interview. The in person interview had 3 rounds, behavioral, technical and case study. The interview were easy but the only thing needed is a thorough knowledge about your resume, the position, company and you should be able to relate your experience with the requirements for the position. The case study was similar to the one provided on their website however the important thing there is to engage in a conversation with the manager and not just answer what is being asked. Overall the interviewers were really great and they made me feel comfortable. Got an offer 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you act in an ethical crisis situation(You know what you are doing is against the rules but still it is for the good of others)?Give example?   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Great post and tips related to engaging in conversation with the interviewer during the case study. In conducting case studies, we want to understand how you'd approach a problem and talking that ... More

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

I was a MAC graduate student when I interviewed. The interview was weird.

To start, the night before the on-campus interviews, Deloitte hosted a bowling event at a local bowling alley. I can't bowl, which wasn't good because I felt like I was being judged on my bowling.

The actual on-campus interviews happened the following day. Everyone interviewed with two people - a partner and senior staff member. The senior talked for a few minutes about Deloitte, and then asked me what questions I had for him. He literally asked no questions about me or my experience.

The partner I interviewed with next was not much better. He also told me about Deloitte, and did ask me several questions. All the questions were generic, standard interview questions.

I think both the partner and senior realized during the interview that I was gay, and I got the feeling that being gay somehow disqualified my candidacy. Overall, my impression of Deloitte is that it is an "old boys club". If you're not a straight, white male, then they're not going to hire you.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by office interview with multiple practitioners, last round was with a partner. Questions including personality check, skills verification, case study, types of projects, travel frequency

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an interview on campus and then an office visit. Focused a lot on the culture and my leadership background. The interviewees were partners of the firm and very approachable. They took a holistic approach focusing on all areas including grades, leadership experience, community involvement.

Interview Questions

• How did you tackle a problem in the past during your leadership experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1.) Career Fair- gave them my resume and elevator speech.
    2.) On Campus interview- First, went over my resume and asked about my hobbies, jobs, qualifications, etc. Then, mostly behavioral Questions. Asked what you would do in a certain scenario. Then switched to a different interviewer. Questions were fair yet they were challenging because they made you think about past examples of leadership, skills, etc.
    3.) On-Site Interview: Mostly fit questions. They wanted to see if you could talk to Partners under pressure and if you were a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit? Why do you want the internship?   Answer Question

Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The recruitment process was very nice. The first interview was on campus. The interviews tended to be purely interpersonal though mine was very technical. After about a week I received an invite to the on-site round. The company put on a great banquet the night before and really sold the company. The on-site interview had another one-on-one interpersonal and a simple technical interview. All in all it was a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

I declined because the salary was not competitive with other offers.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I spoke with three professionals, one at a time. The first 30 minute interview was questions about my resume. Be prepared for any questions relevant to your resume and yourself. The interviewer created questions as we spoke in order to get to know me. The second interview was also 30 minutes and consisted of the case study. I was given a case to read and then asked questions pertaining to it. Some questions were very challenging and took me a moment to gather my thoughts. Take your time to form thoughtful answers. After I gave my final recommendations and we discussed some of the main points, the interviewer also asked questions about me (interests/past work/degree/projects). The final interview was getting to know me, why I want to work for Deloitte, and what area I'm interested in. The interviewer asked questions seeing how I would handle certain situations or tackle challenging problems. Be prepared for anything here. I received a lot of interesting, challenging questions. It was a great discussion back and forth. Keep them engaged and show them you're willing to challenge yourself. Overall, the interview was 1 hour and 30 minutes.

The were very accommodating to travel and expenses.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to study your degree?
      How did you learn about Deloitte?
      Would you be comfortable with working on projects not related to your background/degree?
      What role do you play in a group setting?
      Tell us about yourself.

Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact was by recruiter and after 20 minute conversation I was moved to the hiring manager. After that it was a succession of 7 interviews with various levels from Manager all the way to Partner.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement change? This was an open ended question so change of process, strategy or whatever - it was up to me to define and present example.   1 Answer

Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from the recruiter and had a half an hour discussion about the role and expectations. After that called for in person interview. Had 2 rounds of interview one technical and behavioral. Nothing out of the ordinary, be confident and answer the scenario based questions with relevant examples

Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2015.

Interview

Deloitte covered flight to Orlando and a Hotel
    (very nice Marriott right next to Deloitte in Lake Mary, FL).

Two 30 min interviews, one behavioral and one technical.
    Behavioral was more intense than the technical (which was a resume walk through).
    Interviewed on a Friday, found out on Monday that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me a time when you had to show integrity.   1 Answer
    • Technical: How do you use JDBC in a java application.   1 Answer
    • Spring, Web Services, JPA, ect.....   1 Answer