Deloitte

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014
2,900 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

I was put through a total of 3 interviews, 1) behavioral; 2) short case (30-40 minutes); 3) long case (1 hour).

The interview started the minute I came off the elevator with greeters asking me about myself and discussing their experiences. They mentioned that they would provide input into the hiring process in terms of my ability to create conversation and interact with others. They greeters escorted me to a room where I waited as others were finishing up their round one interviews. I was then escorted to meet a manager who performed the behavioral interview.

Round 1 Interview:

Behavioral Interview - Lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of the manager asking me questions about my resume and experience. It was a simple discussion to learn more about my background and gauge how well I would fit within the firm based on experience and personality.

After time was up, I was escorted immediately to another room, where I was to perform a short case with another manager.

Case Study - The case was not too complex and revolved around a federal client looking to improve their tracking of IT equipment. I was able to apply the framework of People, Process, and Technology to the case and provided my response.

I received a call 3 hours after the initial two interviews and was asked to return the next day for what would be the final interview.

Round 2 Interview:

Case Study (1 hour) - I showed up to the same location as the day before and was escorted to a room where I met with a Deloitte partner. The partner was very nice and went over the premise of the case with me and asked me to solve it. I again broke it into a framework and walked them through my thought process. The partner did challenge some of my responses and asked for clarification. I was able to provide my rationale for each of his questions and he seemed satisfied. i am not sure if he was trying to make me nervous or was generally interested in how I came up with my solution?

I receive an email and a call the next day from the recruiter stating that I would be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Please breakdown the national budget for me and explain where most of the U.S. tax dollars go. You can use dollars, percentages or fractions for the breakdown.   Answer Question
    I interviewed as part of their campus recruiting effort. Non of the students who I interviewed with were able to negotiate. I attempted but was shot down by the recruiter. We were all offered the same amount, base plus signing bonus.

Assurance Interview

Two rounds. One on campus, one on-site. The overall process took about two weeks. The interviews were very conversational and easy. There were mainly behavioral questions. They also left a lot of times for me to ask questions and almost more time was spent me asking questions than the other way around.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

At least 3 phases. This can be after HR Initial first contact. Interviews were a bit vague and was not sure I would make the cut initially. Made it though to onsite with 3 interviews. Technical interview was the hardest as I was not sure what to expect for the position. The other interviews and case interviews were easy. I did prepare before hand. With preparation, there should not be an issue. Focus on Business case.

Interview Questions
    • Questions can be varied across the board. Depending on your expertise, you could be asked about areas you are not as familiar with. It depends on the person doing the interview and what they are more familiar with.   View Answer
    I did accept. However, the recruiting process took so long, I ended up with another job. Expect process to be around 90 days. I really wanted to work for the company. However, I do like the company I have joined currently too. They are flexible in start time, which does help.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Campus, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

First round was a online MCQ based adaptive written round testing your aptitude and language skills followed by a case study group discussion and presentation on the same and then the final HR interview.

Interview Questions
    The company doesn't offer much but the growth opportunities are immense. Good luck!

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Campus Recruit.

Met company reps on campus and got identified - it's helpful to meet as many people as you can and show up to all campus events. Showed interest in technology and consulting by showing participation in student groups.

Interview Questions
    • Case Interview questions can sometimes be a little tough   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Documents and Creative Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

went through 3 interviews. 2 with recruiters and one with the manager and of her her lackeys. The first 2 were pretty standard they were really professional and they felt like real interviews. The third one you can tell neither of them did interviews, it was so bad it was painful! Sad thing is they moved one of them to campus recruiting! He cant even carry on a conversation, how is he going to get people to go work at Deloitte?

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult, customer services questions since the job entails getting yelled at by people who don't submit their paperwork in time and need you to move heaven and earth to get it before deadline. The first two again were standard, where do you see yourself etc. The third was like a bad blind date!   View Answer
    zero negotiation, they wont do it for "staff" jobs. So its a take it or leave ti, i took it. But negotiate if you can, they give the most pathetic raises, like 5 cents to top performers.

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2013.

On campus interviews for the first round with one tax manager and one audit partner. For the second round, I interviewed in New York with a tax manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

I had a call to do a phone screen with talent, then came in to the office for an in person interview (1 hour each with 4 individuals) all in 1 day. Talent gave me a 1 day heads up that my interview will include a case study, which made me question talent's effectiveness.

The interview included a case study, resume review, general questions to learn about my skillsets/experience, and informal discussions to assess culture fit.

Interview Questions
    Original offer was low, but I had an offer from another company during this time. Second offer was higher but still not as high as what I had from the other company.

Audit Assistant Interview

Got an interview through my college (Deloitte came to campus). Interviewed with a partner who asked behavioral type questions and reviewed my resume. Made it to second round interviews (treated to dinner the night before), second interview in the office with a different partner.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were unable to complete a task assigned to you   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview process was two-fold. I had an initial campus interview where I was asked behavioral questions and location preferences. The second round interview was held in my top location preference office. The office was beautiful and very professional. Everyone was nice and welcoming. At the office visit I interviewed with three different people in various stages of their career, all management. These were not behavioral interviews. Be prepared to know your resume and know what you have to offer the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when...? Why do you want to work for Deloitte?   Answer Question