Deloitte

2,771 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews. One with the partner, one with the project manager. My contract in DC was won by Deloitte, so after previously working with Deloitte resources, I came over with the new contract with Deloitte. Their resources worked closely with me when I was at a previous employer and they recommended me heavily for the job.

Interview Question – I had a different interview process than most will go through. Basically was a done deal as the partner wanted me to come over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation, as I was out of the country when offer letter was sent

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed as second year graduate student enrolled in an MBA program where firm recruits for both the summer associate internship and full-time senior consultant hires. The process was thorough and covered both behavioral and case interview formats. The actual interview and offer process was completed in less than one week.

Interview Question – Sell me on the hobbies you've listed here [resume]   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds
A - 3X phone screens across HR/Recruiting of 30-60 minute interviews. These entailed work background review; functional areas of competence, methodologies employed and relative skill levels, types of deliverables, size/scope of teams managed. Pretty involved and detailed for recruiting.

B - 2X phone interviews of 60 minutes each with senior managers in my areas of consulting. Questions on work background, team management and leadership style, hypotheticals on how I would handle different scenarios - from delivery risk issue management, client/stakeholder management, to how I would undertake, scope, plan and lead specific types of work. Lots of analytical and behavioral analysis.

C - Final round, on premises (flew to NYC) interviews with 3 partners, including 1 business case. 60 minutes each. Lead partner within the practice I was interviewing for focused on my perceptions of the industry, opportunities for growth and how these aligned with what I do and don't want to do.

Interview Question – Business case/case study question: Given a company that is in the prepared food business which receives raw product from growers into central processing sites then prepares them for sale by retailers and consumer use, how would you assess how to determine the root causes of their profitability issues. An accompany financial sheet was provided.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Interview Details – Multi-stage interview. Was pretty painless. Most of the emphasis was on trying to decide what part of the organization I fit. As I recall, there were four interviews in all.

Negotiation Details – I had a salary expectation that I set forth based on my prior history. They came in slightly below what I requested. However, this was at the height of the recession and the offers locally were far below what Deloitte offered. I consider what they offered fair.

Audit Manager Interview

Audit Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very smooth; at most a week or two during the whole process. After submitting my resume, they got back to me within about 2-3 days with a phone interview. The following day was the office visit for an one-on-one interview with two partners and each interview lasted approximately a half hour. The offer was in my inbox within two days after my office visit.

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation... it's the BIG 4.

Specialist Master Interview

Specialist Master

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview Process involved a 1 hour technical screening. It was all good. Everything was based off my resume. Next one was an on site interview with three rounds. First round was basically about understanding what kind of person i was, how would i handle different situations while maintaining a team, second round was a case interview and last round was again technical screening.

Negotiation Details – was able to negotiate sign in bonus and 12% raise than my previous salary.

NextGen Leaders National Conference Delegate Interview

NextGen Leaders National Conference Delegate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – First round of interviews included Behavioral and Case Study interviews. Both interviews were conducting by experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds. I had the chance of asking them questions about their experience with Deloitte and both held their company in high regard.

The second round interview was held on site at one of Deloitte's major city offices. The interview was a case study style interview that lasted for 30 minutes. The case was difficult and the end result was hard to get to, but the overall problem solving process was what the interview was based on. In addition to the interview, each of the interviewees was paired with a younger (<5 years of experience) Deloitte employee for the purpose of forming a connection to the company. The day also included an office tour, presentations by upper-level management and mingling with other Deloitte employees.

Overall, the interview process was a great experience. I learned a lot about Deloitte and all they have to offer.

Interview Question – The second round Case Interview was difficult, however disclosing the Case is not for me to do.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I got the first interview from an employee referral. I first received a phone interview which asked some basic questions about my resume. After the interview I was told I would be brought in for an in-person interview. It took some time for the first interview to happen but it finally happened a month after. I met two people and the questions were mainly behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I found out that I would be brought in for a second interview. It took a few extra weeks to get the date and the second interview went even better. Once again it was two 30 minute interviews based on behavioral questions. The people were extremely nice and welcoming both times I had the opportunity to come in. A few weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Just be able to talk about yourself, why you want to work for Deloitte and/or the department, what industry.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who say my resume on a job board. The recruiter asked me what I was looking for in a career and was generally fairly easy to talk to. No major gotchas. There was a technical phone screening during which they asked about my technical skills. That was fairly easy as well. Detected arrogance in the interviewers voice. They called me in to an "interview night" during which I had three separate interviews with people of varying levels of experience. Two of them were really nice and encouraging. I got the sense they were not really trying to screen for technical skills but more for cultural fit and consulting aptitude. All of them projected an air of professionalism and joviality tinged with a hint of arrogance. They filled my head with dreams of becoming and equity partner in the firm on day. That was a clincher for me. That is how they get you.

Interview Questions

• Since I have a background in Java programming, they asked me to define a Singleton.   View Answer
  • Case Study - they read it to you. Its usually a case about a company that wants to implement some type of system (ERP, CRM, others) and they ask you how you would manage the project and what considerations are important.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They were tough. I tried to negotiated a higher title and pay. They declined on the title. They did give me a $10K signing bonus.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – On-campus interview with two different Deloitte professionals - each interview was roughly 30 minutes. Overall, the interviews were pretty easy and casual. Would have had an offer, but was "too young" based on how many college credit hours I had.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you worked with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question