Deloitte

3,309 Interview Reviews

Senior Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Initial contact was a phone screening conducted by Recruiting during which I was scheduled for an in-person interview. I was offered to interview in two days or wait 3.5 weeks, I opted for the two day. Once on-site realized they have a unique process for 'interviews'. There were approximately 40-50 people awaiting to be interviewed. Once the magic hour began a mixed team of recruiters and staff consultants entered the rooms and started calling out names, diving the 40-50 into about 6-7 groups. Each group was escorted to an area where each candidate was in a work room. Once settled the process began when the first interviewer showed up at the room. Candidates were given a schedule with name, title and time of each interview. It was a round robin affair offering individual interviews by three staff consultants with mini (5 mins.) breaks between. At the conclusion of each of the interviews each interviewer provided their assumption on the next steps, consolidation of the days information and discussion with the HR recruiting team before a decision for further interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • NONE. That was the most disappointing part of the process. There were no difficult questions. Nothing of substance to the kind of work were were discussing was asked. Most qustions, with the exception of 1-2, were repeated across all three interviewers AND all of those were focused on regurgitating what was on the resume. Every one of the interviewers had a hard copy of the resume in front of them. A couple did some homework, I could tell they read it ahead of time...one wrote in the margins and the other had highlighted some areas. The 1-2 quality questions were asked by one interviewer who inquired into methodologies and commonly practiced evidenced-based models/frameworks. Excellent! We are going somewhere, then it stopped. I left thinking it was very superficial. I just expected a much more sophisticated and deeper examination for talent recruitment of such a highly regarded company.   View Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview was 2 hours long and covered a wide range of activities, a screening for ethics and a review of legal parameters, along with the org chart. It was very thorough and professional. Understanding the company is very important since you will be expected to articulate the information to others.

Interview Questions
    • One question revolved around strategy, "How would you handle a situation where...". I gave an example to a tough challenge I had overcome and that answer was sufficient. I have heard many people state that jobs involving finance, accounting or tax responsibilities have very detailed and tough questions and those interviews last up to 4+ hours.   Answer Question

Mentoring Program Interview

Most of the questions were on myself and my resume. There were some questions on behavioral skills, but they were pretty simple. All in all, it wasn't a difficult interview.
    Be prepared to ask questions!

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online. Two weeks later recruiter called requesting a phone interview. It went well and I moved forward to my 2nd phone interview with a senior manager. I feel like it went well too. Was told I'd definitely hear back either way regarding a decision and never did. The pros - they are very accommodating with scheduling interviews around your current priorities. The con - never heard back and being kept in limbo for months afterwards. Overall, I felt the interviews were easy and not intimidating as one would perceive of a BiG 4 firm. Just be prepared to give solid examples of your experience and link them to the job applied to.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard STAR questions. Lots of questions about forecasting experience, accruals etc. typical accounting/finance jargon.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through college career center. Process consisted of a behavioral interview as well as a case interview as part of the first round. Behavioral interview included typical questions, such as walking through your resume and discussing past experiences. Case study portion was fairly simple if you've done some research on the format of this type of interview (I recommend reading through Case and Point - it was a great resource).

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Had a phone interview with campus recruiter, and got an interview to Deloitte office. Went to office visit to interview with audit partner and audit director. The partner did not ask many behavior questions, mainly chatting. Audit director asked many behavior questions and questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience working with uncooperative team members?   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate

Audit Staff Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

College recruiter reached out to me because she had gotten my resume from a business conference I attended
    I spoke with 2 recruiters then had a phone interview. The interview was very relaxed no situational questions only resume review and tell me about yourself.....
    Then I got invited to the Nashville office where I interviewed with 3 people back to back 30 minute interviews. All pretty much the same. Very conversation based. Only a few basic questions the rest was getting to know you to see how well you would fit into the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why Deloitte? Why you chose accounting? Why audit? Make sure you know what you want to specialize in.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Very detailed. Better to know someone on the inside. Better to speak directly with hiring manager because the recruiter don't seem to know exactly what managers are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why were you downsized from your previous position if the company you worked for retained the best?   View Answer
    No need

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

I applied through the Deloitte careers website. The process took 1.5 months (delayed due to Christmas holidays).
    1st Round with recruiter ---Basic questions experience and some details about the positions.
    Responded within 2 days.

2nd Round : With Senior Manager (Technical Interview) : Technical questions, difficulties faced etc. If you know the subject you need not to worry about it.

Responded within two days and arranged travel to Deloitte office. I am experienced candidate so the case interview was not there as a part of interview. I will suggest you to ask your recruiter every question you have.

Face to face interview :
    1st with partner (45 mins ) : Partner explained the position, requirements, expectations. Asked me what questions you have for me. I asked some questions related to his area of expertise. Very friendly interview. partner even suggested some tourist spot near the area to visit.

2nd with Senior Manager (45 mins) : Senior Manager asked some technical questions. Asked about the project scenario and my approach how you will go about it. technical questions and more questions related to my current job profile and technologies you know.

3rd with Senior manager (45 mins) : Few basic technical questions and explained the details of the job profile. I asked some questions related to his area of expertise.

4th with Partner (20mins) : After introduction his first question was what are your questions for me. Then in discussed my ambitions and what I expect from this job etc. Tell me about your recent experience when you handled a difficult situation and how did you manage.

All interviews involved a lot of discussion. They know the industry trends and they are expert in their fields. I will suggest to say no if you dont know that. Don't try to create answer if you don't know.

All the interview arrangements were done properly.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Be ready with examples for your achievements, difficulties faced and how you tackled those.

My suggestion will be to google it or scan the Deloitte website and search for white papers/articles written by/contributed by the partners and senior managers who are supposed to take your interviews. They will be happy to hear that you have gone through the articles and ask some questions related to those articles.

Answer Question

Consultant Strategy & Operations Group Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Very efficient and effective. The recruiters wanted you to be successful in the process and provided the resources that were needed. The case interview was indicative of the industry. The recruiters were very prompt and responsive.

Found more competitive offers