Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
3,579 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I received an interview after applying online post career fair and through an employee referral. The behavioral interview was straight forward, but the case interview was more challenging than I expected. Be prepared by practicing case interviews from their online resources and practice WITH SOMEONE. It will help tremendously and you won't be caught off guard by the oral presentation of the case.

Interview Questions

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Great advice! Mock interviews are a great way to prepare. Here's a link to learn more about our consulting case interviews ... More

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. No dinner beforehand. conversational tone causing you to lower your guard but you're expected to give formal, story-focused answers. The interviewer told me he/she was tired after a long day. I think it impacted the effort put in, resulting in a very short interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing about yourself that's not on this resume. Tell me about one of your extracurricular experiences.   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Being prepared to share something that isn't on your resume is a great tip.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

3 interviews- 1 behavioral, 2 case. The first case interview was half an hour and with 1 manager. the second round was with 1 partner and a senior manager and lasted an hour.

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

1st round: 30 minute phone interview with a senior manager

2nd round: 2 hour interview process (see below)

30 minute introduction (presentation, questions, etc.)
    30 minute case study with a manager
    30 minute behavioral interview with a partner
    30 minute case study with a manager

Deloitte is more interested in your thought-process than getting the right answer in the case studies. Do not worry if you think you messed up. And don't get too ahead of yourself if you think you did great. Realistically, it's tough to know if you nailed the interview or didn't do well because there are a ton of factors that go into the process.

I really enjoyed my interview experience. From the partners to the managers to the recruiters, everyone was responsive, engaging, and insightful. I'm looking forward to working for the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Picked a specific item on my resume and asked me to talk about it
      Why federal consulting?
      What is a skill that you would bring to the table?
      Do you have any questions for me (very important)?

Answer Question

Mar 20, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

We often look for insight into why candidates are interested in our organization and/or the specific practice area for which they are being interviewed. It's a great idea to think through this prior ... More

Federal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone interviews were quick. The in-person interview was a bad experience. One of my three interviewers called out that day, and they didn't bother having someone else fill in. So I essentially missed out on a third of the overall interview. The person reading the case studies read them as fast as possible, almost as if to make sure I wouldn't be able to take notes. Not surprisingly, I wasn't offered a position

Interview Questions

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Case studies are a key element during our interview process for our Consulting practice. Check out these sample cases on our website to help you ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

An employee sent in my CV for a specific position back in late November, but I received an email stating that my experience was not a fit for that position and didn't hear anything else for months. I did eventually hear from Deloitte HR in late February, and the process went incredibly fast after that.
    I spoke with a recruiter over the phone, and after discussing my experience she immediately scheduled me to come into the Rosslyn office for a series of three interviews in one day. A week and a half later I went in for the interviews. I stayed in one small room and three employees (manager, senior manager, and principal) rotated around to talk with me.
    There were three interviews: fit, behavioral, and case. The fit and behavioral interviews were very relaxed and mainly revolved around my previous work and how I handled specific situations (how did you handle a situation when your team members did not agree on an issue?). The interviewers were incredibly nice and made me feel immediately at ease. The case interview started a little tense (I was nervous), and they asked me about implementing a new system at a government agency. I wasn't quite expecting this, as I do not have a technical background at all, so make sure you know the SDLC basics. It was a relatively short case, and I relaxed as the interviewer answered my questions.
    It really seemed like the priority was how well you present yourself and how enthusiastic you are about the position and the company. Remember to relax!

Interview Questions

• Case: Talk me through a system implementation at a federal agency.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2015.

Interview

I applied throughout my university. First, I had a phone screening with a recruiter. This was just basic questions to get to know me. I then had a phone interview with a manager, which was longer and involved more in-depth and behavioral questions. After this phone interview, I had to complete an online assessment that took over an hour. This was a personality and behavioral assessment.

I was invited to an onsite interview after that. I had dinner with a bunch of current consultants, who were in their first years. This was a relaxed atmosphere where I could ask questions about working at Deloitte.

The actual interview was the next morning. I had 3 interviews for a half hour each. The first two were with senior managers. I was asked behavioral questions and given a mock situation to respond to in each interview. The final one was with a Director and was more of a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Situational question: Say you are working late on an excel sheet at the client's office and everyone else on your team has gone home. The CEO of the client company comes in and expresses his doubt in your team's ability to complete the project on time. He asks you what you think about the timeline for completion. How do you respond?   Answer Question
    • Situational question: Say you have a meeting set up with a person at the company you are working with. During the meeting, they ask you, "I saw that Regulation F900 was just changed. How is this going to affect our daily operations?" How do you respond? In this situation, you have no knowledge about this regulation.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I was recruited from Campus. There were 2 phone interviews with an HR and a Senior Manager, followed by 3 interviews onsite with managers and Senior Mangers. There was a dinner and lunch with team members as well. Just before the offer, there was a meeting with the Partner as well.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

For the first round interviews there were two back to back thirty minute interviews, one behavioral interview and one case interview. Applicants were notified that evening about second round interviews, which involved a one hour case interview. The cases were more qualitative than quantitative. All of the interviewers were friendly and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Got an offer somewhere else.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Interview had 2 rounds, with Round 1 consisting of a 30 minute interview with a Consulting Manager, and a 30 minute case study with a Partner. The case study was about healthcare, and talking about integrating manual records into a new database system. The behavioral interview dictates whether or not you move on to the next round, because mine didn't go as well as other people's but my case study went really well. Not invited to next round of interviews.