Deloitte

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015
3,407 Interview Reviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Mostly on-campus recruiting. I went to many events, career fairs, and dinners over about 10 months (Jan - October when I got my offer). I also interviewed with Deloitte for their Summer Leadership program in the Spring. It was all about getting to know as many people as I could so I knew I would be a good fit at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 3 short phrases that describe important events in your college career and then explain them to me.   Answer Question
    None

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Interview through campus recruiting. Resume drop, coffee chat, then and invitation to first round interviews. Interview was a 30 min behavioral and 30 min case study. Make sure you go to the coffee chat and talk to re recruiters there! A few people at the coffee chat did not get first round interview invitations. Nothing out of the ordinary, went through resume. Case study was a lot tougher, kept grilling on the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • Which department within human capital do you want to work for?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. I was initially skeptical as this was for their Federal TS&A sector and my background is not technical. After exchanging a few emails with the recruiter and getting a few things straight I had a quick 20 min phone chat with him that night. We talked about my current duties, past jobs, etc. We also talked about salary expectation. This exact number was repeated back to me later in the process, so be shrewd. I have heard of people who were dropped at this point for giving to high a number, but I am not sure that is true. Either way, give it some thought. I wish I had stalled and thought a number through better, but I still am getting a great offer.

Step 2 was hearing from an internal recruiter who set up a technical interview with a senior manager. This was about a 30 minute talk and was more a "fit" interview than anything revolving around a hard skills test.

Step 3 was a in-person 3 round interview. Case Study with a senior manager, another "fit" interview with a partner and then another technical interview with a different senior manager.

Advice: Don't worry trying to shoe horn yourself into this job. It really felt like it came down to two things: attitude and aptitude. Did they want to work with you and did they think you showed a propensity for learning. Have you done this sort of consulting before? Probably all the better. I had never done a case study interview before and I was really sweating it. I did my homework, but my interviewer was REALLY gracious and was more interested in how I problem solved than whether or not I knew technical jargon.

I am awaiting the official offer, but I do plan on negotiating.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

I was interviewed primarily because of my involvement with recruiting events at my University. I met the primary recruiter for my area and got to know them very well. They recommended I attend the Career Fair at my school and I was offered an interview the next day via email. I then attended a pre-interview social and got to know my interviewer (Audit Partner - Atlanta) which definitely broke the ice for my interview the next day. The interview was very conversational and about 20 minutes long going over my resume and what I hoped to achieve. It was followed by a similar style office visit interview where I spoke with several staff members about their experiences as well as had 2 one on one interviews with different partners lasting around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    There was no real negotiation since it was only for a short term event.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

Applied through my university then received an email and signed up for a interview time. There was a dinner before which was super helpful got to meet partners and senior managers which made interview easy. The best part was getting to meet the woman interviewing me beforehand because when I went into the interview it felt more like a conversation instead of the first time we met.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Applied through career services network of my University.
    Given a Buddy Program to help prepare me for interview.
    Deloitte representative gave me a mock interview.
    30 minute case/30 minute behavioral
    2nd interview the next day
    Offer within 2 weeks

AERS Advisory Technology Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

I applied through school and did two 30 minutes phone interview prior to the final interview.
    The final interview was taken place at the office and I interviewed with 2 sr managers.

Aside of that, I would say it's often true that Big 4 only hire kids with masters degree but if you're good looking and know your resume inside out and express the fact that you have passion in the company. They will hire you although you're an undergrad. At least that how I got the job. I was competing with candidates with masters degree.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with difficult people?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

On-campus screening, followed by 30 minute fit/personality test and 30 minute case study with two different interviewers, on campus as well. Interviewers were not particularly friendly, somewhat detached from the start. Final round consisting of 1 hour fit/personality, 1 hour case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience in which your leadership skills were tested. Describe an experience in which you worked well as part of a team.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

Two rounds of interviews for the Human Capital sector of the Deloitte Nat. Leadership Conference.

1st round: 1 behavioral, 1 case
    2nd round (Blitz): 1 behavioral, 1 case, 1 group case

Overall a good experience. Recruiters and analysts alike were extremely friendly and considerate of all of the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Reliability in team settings, describe times you faced difficulties, approaches for when you didn't know how to handle a project.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

2 rounds back to back on consecutive days. First rounds was a 30 min behavior and a 30 min case interview. Behavior was dead easy, case interview was abit challenging for me since it was my first case interview. The case was about healthcare issues and the digitization of medical data. I guess you could go about with standard SDLC approach. I thought I bombed my first round but apparently I made through. Second round was a 45 min case interview. This time it was about some financial firm trying to synchronizing different data bases, was asked about implementation. Again, I used the SDLC approach and I thought it was all right.

Interview Questions
    • What are the implementation strategies for this process...   Answer Question