Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015
3,900 Interview Reviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Deloitte recruitment process for a consultant - 1) phone screening with the Recruiter 2) phone screening with Senior Manager 3) Onsite Interview - 3 rounds with - Director, Senior Manager, Case Interview with Manager 4) phone screening with Recruiter - feedback session/offer

Interview Questions

• I applied through Employee Referrals. I received call from recruiter saying they found my profile interesting and asked me questions on my experience, how I know about Deloitte and am I aware about how consulting industry works, travel etc. After this initial talk, I was scheduled for phone screening with a Senior Manager in the same week. I have 5.5 years of experience in Java technologies which is aligned to Financial Services industry.My phone screening was mostly about - what kind of projects I worked on - what was my role in those projects - how much leading experience I have - what is my consulting experience - some questions on Java like Annotations and it's use - some questions on database design - why I want to join Deloitte I was later scheduled for an onsite interview at LA. These schedules are finalized at last moments so keeping an open mind and positive attitude helps here. I received final travel plan and interview schedule only a day before my interview day. 3 different rounds were scheduled and they are not on elimination basis , you always go though all 3 rounds no matter how you perform in each of them. 1) My first round was with Director. He was very cordial and polite. He showed interest in my profile and asked me to explain my experience in detail. He asked me many questions on the projects I worked on - to get sense if I am aligned towards technology or business 2) Second round was with Senior Manager. He was quite relaxed and in good mood to talk. Once I briefed him on my resume, he asked me many questions on my experience. I explained the data flow in the project I worked on in detail with a diagram. He asked a lot of scenario based questions and how to solve them. Such questions don't have any right or wrong answer but how you think is important. Example - how will you plan deployment of an application that has a huge userbase 3)Third round was with Manager - this was the case interview. He first asked me to brief about my experience and presented me a case. My mistake with preparation was - I practiced solving cases by having a printed case with me. But in the interview, Manager read out the case to me and I could not grasp it quickly. He narrated it again when I asked him but he was little unhappy with it. If I had a written case description, I would have performed much better. However, I could answer questions on basic SDLC and my approach on solving the case. He then seemed positive with my answers. My overall experience with the entire recruitment process was very comfortable.I enjoyed appearing for all rounds. Some tips- - keep very open mind. Dont expect to have a detailed schedule or plan well in advance, instead keep preparing. Once you have the schedule, act on it - prepare, prepare and prepare. I would not have had a positive experience if I was not prepared - research on the panelists - ask your recruiter on their background to suspect what questions will they ask - more technical or business based. This can also help you to drive the conversation - Be prepared to ask questions to each panelist. Ask good questions to involve them into the conversation. I asked them about their career at Deloitte and what kind of work will I do - Prepare a realistic answer on Why you want to join Deloitte. This can impress panelist totally   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, there was a telephonic screening interview followed by a tech screen. The final round interviews were held onsite. There were three rounds - technical,core consulting skills assessment and a case study. The interviewers were friendly and made the interviews quite conversational. The case study round was interesting and it does require proper preparations. The first round for me was the core consulting skills assessment and the interviewer mostly asks you behavioral questions.

Project Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte in June 2015.

Interview

The initial interview consisted of a conversation on the recruiter who gave an overview of the job and the duties. She asked general questions about my background. She also asked why I was leaving my current job, my current salary and salary expectations. The second interview was with a project controller manager. He asked the questions below...

Interview Questions

• If you were starting a project, what steps would you take to build the budget?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were asked by two managers who to complete tasks that had conflicting deadlines.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where theres expenses related to project but they weren't orginally included in the budget.   Answer Question

AERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about 4 weeks. I applied through an employee referral. Was contacted a few weeks later via email and was scheduled for two 30 minute telephonic interviews with their professionals. The interviews were mostly focused on getting to know your background (walk-through-your resume), your interests and a few behavioral questions to assess your thought process and personality. Two days later, i.e on a Thursday received a call and and was invited for their on-site interviews at 30 Rock, the following Monday. All expenses towards the travel and accommodation were taken care of by Deloitte. Interviewed with a Senior Manager and a Partner, for about 30 minutes each. The interview format was similar to the telephonic interviews, in addition to a few technical questions related to the position. I would say, much focus was on how you present yourself, how well you know about the firm and the field you are applying to. Be prepared to have a solid answer for "Why only Deloitte?" and be enthusiastic about the position and Deloitte as a whole. Know what you are talking..do not just blabber. Take a minute, pause, think and then talk. Was contacted a few weeks later(verbally) to extend the offer. And i was EXCITED!! As a consultant, you get to meet various clients, work on different projects (sometimes within a span of few weeks) and with diverse teams. So, its very important to be personable. That's what i feel Deloitte looks for in a candidate, are you a good fit? Yes? You are Hired!

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Deloitte? 2. Why are you interested in this field? (Ex: Audit, Tax, Cyber) 2. Do you have any experience working with a diverse set of people on a team? How do you go about coordinating the work? 4. How do you go about prioritizing things when stringent deadlines are imposed?   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Got a phone call from a recruiter, who scheduled two telephonic interviews ( One taken by a Senior Manager, other by the Manager). Two days later, got an email from the same recruiter, asking me to come to 30 Rock for two in person interviews. Both the interviews were behavioral, more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte, Why New York, Why consulting? Tell me about a situation where you handled a conflict? Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult team mate.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2015.

Interview

Process took a day. I met with 2 senior managers. they were nice, but questions were quite hard. They asked about me GPA and about my CPA. They also asked about why I choose Deloitte, why should we hire you? No technical questions asked. Why big 4? I think I met at least six people through my interviewing process.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canada, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Canada, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online Contacted by the HR Manager Scheduled a Phone interview First and Second Phone Interview The interview was straight forward The HR Manager was very nice The process was quick However, it seems like the HR is not familiar with the operation of small companies so she was confused with my job duties. Since in small companies, employees wear different hats and in big corporation like Deloitte they are way more specific.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2015.

Interview

I had the interview during NABA national convention. I submitted my resume after an event held by Deloitte and got the interview one day later. I met 2 interviewers and they asked me about my resume and some behavior questions. Then, I had been invited to a networking breakfast the next morning. We got to know more professionals and played some games during the networking event.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had tough members in your team?   Answer Question

Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Supply Chain Practice) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Contacted by Federal Recruiter 2. 30 minute phone screen 3. On- Site Interview: - Case analysis - Behavioral Q's - Fit Interview w/ Partner/ Director 4. 2 days later I received heads up that I had been selected Overall, my experiences with Deloitte have been great. The HR recruiting process is efficient and effective from start to finish. A dedicated recruiting coordinator will set up your onsite interview logistics and will answer any questions that you have. I want to note that I was very impressed by Deloitte's office building in Roslyn, VA. Interviews- 1. Case analysis w/ Mgr, very relaxed and conversational. These cases are intentionally sparse with info as the interviewer wants to see your thought process and if you demonstrate the skills of a consultant. My advice- ask questions, make sure you are clear on the problem, ask for guidance if you need it and master case interview frameworks. Even if you have no idea where to start knowing case frameworks will be a tremendous help. When in doubt, break the case down into segments- pieces. 2. Behavioral/ experience related questions w/ Sr Mgr, this was my favorite interview. I interviewed with a very outgoing, fun, loose personality. I felt at ease and the 30 minute interview was indeed a conversation between the two of us. My advice- know your resume and demonstrate that your experience and skills are complementary to the firms needs. 3. Fit interview w/ practice area Partner/ Director, be yourself and be clear on the reasons why you are sitting in that chair wanting to work at Deloitte. My advice- prepare in advance by doing personal assessment.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

I was a MAC graduate student when I interviewed. The interview was weird. To start, the night before the on-campus interviews, Deloitte hosted a bowling event at a local bowling alley. I can't bowl, which wasn't good because I felt like I was being judged on my bowling. The actual on-campus interviews happened the following day. Everyone interviewed with two people - a partner and senior staff member. The senior talked for a few minutes about Deloitte, and then asked me what questions I had for him. He literally asked no questions about me or my experience. The partner I interviewed with next was not much better. He also told me about Deloitte, and did ask me several questions. All the questions were generic, standard interview questions. I think both the partner and senior realized during the interview that I was gay, and I got the feeling that being gay somehow disqualified my candidacy. Overall, my impression of Deloitte is that it is an "old boys club". If you're not a straight, white male, then they're not going to hire you.