Deloitte

2,836 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

Human Capital Summer Scholar

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiting process was simple and quite enjoyable. Dropped resume through my university's career center and received an invitation within a few days to schedule a first round on campus. The first round was held in our career center's offices. When you arrive to the waiting room, a few Deloitte Analysts in the same division sit with you and the other candidates and make light conversation, answering any questions you may have before the interviews. Everyone was extremely friendly and really did their best to put us at ease and 'warm us up' before going into the interviews.

The first round consisted of two 30-min interviews- one case and one behavioral/fit interview. Each was with a Senior Manager at the office I was interviewing for. Questions asked in the behavior were nothing unexpected-- I had stumbled upon each one when prepping for the interview on Glassdoor. The case was pretty open-ended and straightforward. My only advice for the case interview is to do your best to make it an engaging conversation. I had only been prepping for cases for about a week when I sat down for the first round, so don't think that you need to have each "framework" out there memorized to do a good job, they just want to see that you think logically about the problem at hand. Be confident in your answers and think about the true, overarching needs of that company or organization.

About a week after the first round I received an invitation by email to attend Blitz Day (final round interviews) at the office I had interviewed for. I had a conflict (another interview in another state) and knew ahead of time that I absolutely would not be able to make this date. For any other person who finds themselves in a similar situation, read this carefully:
1. Immediately CALL our recruiter and ask to speak with them, explaining the conflict. When I could only catch her VM, I sent a brief email just requesting that she give me a call back at her earliest convenience.
2. Explain to the recruiter your conflict, and request to interview on a different date. Make yourself very flexible for this alternative date-- from what I understand they don't typically plan alternatives so if it is offered, take it.
Once I had done those things, the recruiter let me know she needed to confirm with Managers if this would be an option. For about 1.5 weeks I heard nothing, and began to think that it just wasn't going to happen. DO NOT DO THIS. I almost never reached out to her again thinking it was a lost cause. The fact is that if you get a final round interview to be a summer scholar, you essentially ARE good enough to be given the opportunity. You have done everything up until that point right, so from the Recruiter's perspective, you could be the best candidate. And their primary goal is to get the best candidate, so they are just as motivated to make it work for you.
3. With that realization, I called again the day prior to Blitz checking in. The recruiter sent me an email at 10pm that evening offering me an alternative date to interview.

The second-round interview (not Blitz, for me) was very straightforward and similar to the first. The Managers/ Partners I interviewed with were extremely nice. I think the best interviews happen when you manage to feel like it was a just a conversation, which is what it truly felt like.

Interview Question – Cases revolved around large, disparate companies suffering from a variety of issues such as high turnover, lack of employee morale, new technology implementation, system adoption, learning and development, performance management, etc. I was asked in each case to structure an approach around the problem.

Follow up questions asked during the cases:
-What can we assume about this organization's culture? How would that affect your approach?
-If a new [insert any kind] application were implemented, what features should be included that would most benefit this company's/division's needs?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for Summer Scholars

Interview Interview

Interview

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting, did an on campus interview, and went into the office for an interview.

Interviews were straightforward--a combination of get to know you and behavioral. Interviewers were very nice.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was about dealing with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – on campus recruiter; taken out to dinner; 3 rounds; offer; during interview they just ask questions to see if you're prepared and if you can communicate well (logical thinking; brief and to the point, well thought out answers, have a decent personality and not some nerd)

Interview Question – why accounting?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter for the available position. I interviewed on a Tuesday with the first and second managers, and was asked to return on Thursday to meet with the third. After meeting with the third manager, it took five weeks to learn they had gone with another candidate. Fast forward two years, and I was approached for a second time by a recruiter, who said the original candidate hadn't worked out, and the position was open again. Project, by the way, was still in the initiation phase (after 2 years?!?). Met with first manager, called back to meet with second manager a week later, then asked to return the following week to meet with the third manager. At that point, I had lost interest. They had zero consideration for my time, and would likely have less if I became a member of their team. On all visits to their office, people looked unhappy and there were no signs of life. It was like being in a library.

Interview Question – I don't recall being asked any difficult questions, although the interviews were uncomfortable and stiff - like the managers were being forced to meet with me.   Answer Question

NextGen Leadership Confrence Interview

NextGen Leadership Confrence

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – 2 Behavioral interviews plus a Technology Case interview. The two behavioral interviews weren't too bad - mostly around my resume and current tech trends. The Technology case interview was a life cylce management question, mixed in with some common sense. Smooth process

Interview Question – Tell me about why you are studying what you are studying in unversity?   Answer Question

Lead Marketing Specialist Interview

Lead Marketing Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – I am in amidst an interview process with Deloitte for the Lead/Senior Marketing position. I have had 2 phone interviews. Both interviewers asked me the same types of general questions.

1. So, tell me about yourself.
2. Why do you want to work for Deloitte?
3. Tell me about a project you managed.
4. Deloitte is a multinational corporation, are you familiar with the corporate environment? Is that something you are ok with? (My background is purely startups)
5. How did you decide to get into marketing?

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult thus far. Just think about how you want to answer the very general questions and be able to walk through your thoughts logically and relate them back to the position itself. I personally copied the job description into a word doc and wrote my experience into the description which helped mentally clarify why I was the best for the job.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted late June 2014 and the process took approximately 3 weeks (only because of July 4th, or it would be 2 weeks). This is for FEDERAL BTA, which means you will be working on government stuff.

I was called by the recruiting coordinator. She was nice and wanted to help me as much as possible. We talked a bit about what the job was about and its location (consider it a very laid back interview, but dont discount that you can 'fail' it), and she asked me about relocation and salary and basic requisites like US citizenship and all that, then she paired me up with an interviewer.

1st Round- Technical Interview:
As someone with a STEM degree, I was paired up with a developer for a initial technical phone interview. Be very careful, it is indeed technical. The person will be a senior specialist who knows their stuff and will definitely know when you are trying to play him/her. They will DEFINITELY scour your resume and ask you questions from it. Here are some questions I wrote down for yall:
what is the difference between scripting and object oriented languages?
what is the primary thing about oo languages?
how to SELECT from a table (relational database)?
what is a relational database?
What is the steps in SDLC?
What are JOIN?
What is AJAX? You know what it means? What is it used for? Give me an example if an AJAX website.

They can ask other meta questions. However do not base your preparations off of my exact questions. Base them of the format or depth. I told them I knew Java and the interviewer decided to test my knowledge on concepts. So kinda at least understand all terms and stuff you used in your resume.

2nd Round- All in one:
I had a case, technical and culture fit/behavioural interview. 3 different people in different timeslots, singularly, in one day spanning 2 hours. Now, my situation is most likely going to be different from most of the reader's, because I had special arrangements. I had to do a teleconference (video chat) interview rather than a regular normal fly-to-location - face to face interview that my peers most likely did. So since I would be working in another state, I was asked by Deloitte to go their office in my current state (which is not where I am gonna work) and video chat them from there. Interesting experience, but each interview was exactly 30 minutes with the interviewers being cut off/interrupted when another has to come in (its all automatic). So yeah...
But it was great and super prompt. I had the interview on friday and heard on monday.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – As someone who was out of college 6 months prior, I had some say into what I wanted, because for some reason i was regarded as an experienced hire since I wasnt hired right out of college. However I was careful about it, because I had needed the job. So it ended being the avg that BTAs get paid with a signing bonus for relocation needs.

Recruit Interview

Recruit

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – They had me interview for the leadership conference in Dallas. I had to go to a mixer the night before and meet the interviewers and others who were in my position the year prior. The day of the interview they took me into the career center and I had 2 thirty minute interviews with two different partners.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a conflict. How do you work in teams   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position.
First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc,
Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected)
Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

QA Analyst - EDiscovery Interview

QA Analyst - EDiscovery
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was very detailed and specific. Initial phone screening with HR, who scheduled additional phone screenings with multiple departments I may be qualified for. I was flown in for an in-person interview. Dates, times, persons to meet with were all scheduled before hand. Separate travel department provided detailed instructions for making reservations and for reimbursement. All meetings and arrangements went very smoothly.

Interview Question – Tell me about you? What are you like? What makes you tick?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer, the people, the interview and the salary were all excellent. But I had just moved across country three months prior and had too many financial obligations having myself, family and personal belongings in three places.