Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – OCI to screener interview. but they sent a Manager from valuation who didn't care too much about the interview process. He made the process a little awkward for some people because he asked really odd questions for law students. My experience was a little better, but as I said below, our OCI didn't yield any call backs.

Interview Question – It wasn't too difficult, mostly a conversation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was nearly 10 years ago and the people interviewing me had little to no experience in the field in which I was interviewing. The Federal group at Deloitte was young then and they had commercial Deloitte personnel leading it - so they didn't understand the Federal government nor it's processes.

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions, just some that were revealing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was rather easy - they wanted me and I liked the people -

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Had interview on campus, offered office visit which was full day of interviews, lunch, etc. They then offered the job about a week later. Was a pretty straight forward process, more get to know you questions, but it was my first job out of college.

Interview Question – Dont remember...   Answer Question

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Consultant - Human Capital
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online. A recruiter contacted me and introduced me to a Sr. Manager. The Sr. Manager asked specific HC questions. The recruiter contacted me to invite me in for in-person interviews with 3 leaders.

Interview Question – The case study - role playing scenario. They put you in the shoes of a consultant and have you solve the problem to the best of your ability. "A company wants a new talent management system. How would you proceed?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money. They declined. I accepted anyways.

Mentorship Interview

Mentorship
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – On-campus interview was 30 minutes. The on-site interview was an one-hour interview. I spent 30 minutes with each interviewer. Behaviorial questions. The questions focused more on who you are. Both partner and director are very nice.

Interview Question – What's your opinion about ethical issue?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – By applying on-line and filling out the Deloitte-taleo database I had a first call with the responsible recruiter. After one week an interview was scheduled with a senior manager at Deloitte after being selected by the recruiting department. However, the interviewer was not prepared for the particular job listing.

Interview Question – None. Questions about background and experience. Furthermore questions were asked about what you expect from the position.   View Answer

Transfer Pricing Consultant Interview

Transfer Pricing Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had a first round phone interview and then a full-day final round. Day-long interview included several written tests (math, writing, analytical), a sales pitch, and a group transfer pricing exercise and presentation. Exercise was surprisingly technical rather than a general aptitude/intelligence test. Very friendly throughout, but long. HR contact was uncommunicative after the interview.

Interview Question – Explain why transfer pricing has become an increasingly important part of multinational business strategy.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – They had one round of interviews in college and had a technology case. The case was similar to the one outlined in their example cases. Although they were seeing how well you think on the go instead of coming prepared.

Interview Question – The case was very difficult. Also, avoid saying anything bad about your previous employer even if you hated it. Just say they were the best employers in the world.   View Answer

Project Controller Interview

Project Controller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I was a referral and the first interview was simply the recruiter making sure I was a good fit and understood the role. That was followed by a staff level interview that went well and was a get to know you kind of conversation. Questions were quite limited on that call and we talked a bit more about what my work preferences were and my experience including experience with different tools.
The third interview was a round of 3 interviews in one day. One interview was with a manager and the last two with 2 different senior managers from the practice. For the most part those questions were behavioral questions but the last interview was a case study. Talked about different ways I would handle situations of managing client work. Tough last interview but got the offer.

Interview Question – Case -study. The interviewer was intense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too rough. They knew what they wanted to pay.

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations

Interview Details – 2 rounds -
First round: 2 phone interviews, 30 min each, one behavioral and one case study
- I believe this is the format for non-target school candidates
Second round: Hour long case study at office
- Didn't make it to this round, but this is what I believe it consists of

Interview Question – Behavioral questions are basic and expected. Case study is different from other firms   Answer Question