Deloitte

2,740 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Campus Recruiter Interview

Campus Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The turnaround from the time I applied to my first interview was less than a week. My first interview was an initial screening to go over my resume. After that I had 3 additional technical interviews with recruiting managers in the different service areas. Each interview was 30 minutes. After each interview the turnaround was 48 hours to let me know next steps and who I would be interviewing with next. Although I didn't get the job (they went with someone who had more experience), the interview process went very smooth and the recruiters I spoke with made you feel comfortable and were very personable and gave great insight on the position and the company.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult. I was asked common interview questions. If I had to pick challenging questions it would be: 1-What do you know/learn about the position from talking with the other recuriter managers? 2-Think of a creative recruiting activity/event for recruiting season to promote Deloitte.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Audit Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Initial communications: Reached out by the head campus recruiter and scheduled for two campus interviews, each one 15-30 minutes.
Planning: I was told this was mainly going to be a behavioral interview therefore I mainly planned by thoroughly reviewing my own resume and being prepared with the "STAR" method to respond to behavioral interview questions.
Number of Interviews: 4 total (2 first round on campus, 2 second round in the city)
Perception of the people: Motivated, lot of pride in their firm being better than other Big 4 firms

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "Why do you want to go into Audit versus Deloitte's other offerings (Tax, FAS, ERS, etc.)?"   View Answer

Multi-State Tax Associate Interview

Multi-State Tax Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Sent my resume to a family friend who works for Deloitte, who then sent my resume to the tax department. I had a phone screening and then they brought me into their office for a round of interviews a couple days later. There were originally supposed to be only three interviews, but when I arrived, they informed me that I would be interviewing with four different people to get a better opinion.

The first interview was over lunch with one of the other Mutli-State Tax Associates. I then interviewed with someone in the Business Tax Department so I could learn more about their tax operations in a more broader sense. I then interviewed with the head of the Multi-State Department, and finally, with a Multi-State Tax Senior.

Each interview was different in the kinds of questions they asked the tone.

Interview Question – I always struggle with behavioral questions, which was the main focus of my second interview, but I thought they were all pretty generic. The one I had trouble with the most was, "Have you ever had to work with a group of people where there was one or two members who were not pulling their weight?"   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail directed to all accounting majors in our school that Deloitte was hiring for certain position. I applied through our schools career website. Soon after the application deadline was up, I was invited for a first-round interview on campus. I was also invited to a pre-interview dinner, which is a must go to event to familiarized with your interviewer. I was interviewed by a senior manager. I was invited for second-round interviews a week after the first-round. Second-round interview consisted of a pre-interview dinner again and an office visit during the day of interview. I was interviewed by a partner and then by a director. Interviews felt very casual. It was more like a conversation. All of them started with asking me to describe my average week and we went off from there. I did not get any technical or traditional behavioral questions. Asking questions were heavily encouraged throughout the interview, it is a great way to learn from it.

Interview Question – Describe to me your average week. All three interviewer asked this but the degree into which they dug into my answer varied.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was almost an adhesion contract but they were open for negotiating when you start your internship. My friends and I applied for winter positions but one of my friends asked to be moved for the summer and they agreed.

Audit Assistant Interview

Audit Assistant

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – There is an interview or phone interview on campus. This is more of a get to know you interview. If you are qualified (minimum GPA of 3.2) and impress the recruiter with your resume you will receive a second interview if there is room in the city you are applying to. The second/office interview will be more behavioral questions (i.e. what would you do if you were in this situation...). There will not be anything too surprising or any case studies. You will meet with a manager or above for each of these interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty standard - nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

ERS Senior Consultant
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process worked very well. They were very proactive. I felt like they were great which was not the case once I was hired and got to know them better.

Interview Question – None really. The questions were really standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Play hard to get.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, 2 cases in the final interview. It was more of a discussion than an interview. It was all about trying to explain who I am as a person. Very typical, no curve balls. The people were genuinely interested in getting to know me.

Interview Question – None really. Hardest thing was to differentiate my candidature compared to other students on campus.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none

Very Difficult Interview

Documentation Specialist Interview

Documentation Specialist
New Carrollton, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2011.

Interview Details – Via a phone interview, a recruiter hired me to be a consultant to Deloitte Consulting. I had to then interview with a Deloitte employee, but the interview was forced and difficult even though I did land the job. The hiring process was fairly straightforward since I was a 1099 consultant and not a Deloitte employee.

Interview Question – I jumped through the interview hoops and was offered the job. The most difficult part of the interview was the interviewer who practically ran from the front desk to the office where she conducted the interview. I was in heels, so keeping up with her was a challenge.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interview process began on campus. I received an offer to come for an office visit. I was told to book a flight and hotel. There was another interviewee in at the same time, and the staff kept asking me why I had stayed at a hotel when the other candidate had not. Felt uncomfortable during the interview. Ultimately, would not have wanted to work with those that I had interviewed with.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were straight forward, as expected. I was asked behavioral questions similar to what any of the Big 4 would ask during on campus interviews and during the office visit. The situation that came up regarding the hotel stay was the part of the interview that was the "toughest", since it put me in an awkward position.   Answer Question

AERS Consultant Interview

AERS Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details – My friend who currently worked in Deloitte told me about the opening and the HR's email. I applied online and email the HR. The HR got back to me very quickly and then gave me an internal link to apply. A week later, I had a phone interview with a senior manager in CA. The questions are not hard. Just common behavioral questions etc

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question