Deloitte

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014
3,233 Interview Reviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

This is for the Business Technology Analyst summer internship program.

I heard about this position through a recruiter at a networking event, and then applied online. I heard back several weeks later and was told that I had been selected for the first round of interviews.

The first round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral phone interview where I spoke with one of the directors of the department. He went through my resume and asked why I wanted to work at Deloitte. He also asked a few behavioral questions which weren't too difficult. I listed a couple of the tricky ones below.

Two days later I received a call saying that I had been selected for the second round of interviews which were at the Deloitte office. The format of this round was two 1:1 case interviews, each 30 minutes long. The questions were similar to the sample case interviews that are online, so I found that helpful to prepare. The interviewers also went through my resume and asked me some questions pertaining to my past work experience.

All of the interviewers were extremely nice and easy to talk to which took some of the pressure off. I followed up with an email and heard back about a week later where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest hardship you've faced in the past couple of years?
      Give an example of a time where you dealt with ambiguity.

Answer Question

AERS Interview

Straight forward
    They were on campus for recruiting.
    I attended a lot of information sessions that were on campus and this gave me an idea about the nature of work Deloitte AERS does.
    2 rounds of interviews( each round was for 1 hour with 2 interviews of 30 mins)

ERS Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

The entire process took over 7 months and over 15 interviews with all partner level personnel. Very transparent process with all timelines and expectations set up front. Overall a positive experience and was very allegiance in discussions.

Very straight forward. I had done my research and we had been interviewing for over 7 months. I asked for a fair package and I received it.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I networked and applied online for the position, heard back within a week to schedule a first-round interview on campus. The first-round grilled me on my resume and had a behavioral section afterwards. I was asked about experience working in teams and how I deal with stress from what I remember.

I was invited to a second-round a few weeks later and interviewed with two partners and a senior manager. They were exceptionally friendly and the whole interview seemed like more of a social than an actual interview. I mostly just chatted about my experience, their careers, families, hobbies, etc. Be prepared to walk someone through your resume and answer a few behavioral questions but for the most part just be friendly and open to conversation. Don't be afraid to ask questions or chat about more personal matters like family and vacation.

Interview Questions
    • I had a low-ish GPA so if your GPA is not quite up to par, be prepared to explain and show what you have done to compensate or remedy. For the record, I had a 3.2-ish and was directly asked about my GPA.   Answer Question
    There was little negotiation, but my kindly recruiter raised my starting salary slightly. I would not be afraid to ask for more if you think it necessary.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte.

I got called to come back to company for an open position since I had the experience needed, application took a long time to fill out. Had several phone conversations with leaders to determine best fit

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall, but met with several people to talk about background.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

College recruitment- on campus interview. First interview was split between 30 min behavioral and 30 min case. Case was about health clinics that are doing everything manually and want to integrate a system- what are the requirements you need to gather? What would you tell to the stakeholders? What if the doctors say they don't have time to come to training? The CEO is worried that you are not going to complete the integration on time what would you do? They are worried that the information will not be secure and personal clients information will be exposed what will you do? Both the recruiter and the case-interviewer were very nice. Got an email the same night that I'm moving to final round interviews 2 days after. The final round was 30 min. Case interview with a manager. Very nice and helpful guy. Question was about build/buy a system: an insurance company wants to change the current system and they are debating if they should build a new system or buy- what are the pros and cons of each situation, how would you motivate employees to use the new system, what requirements should you gather? The CFO is not satisfied with this change, what would you do about it? What would you tell him? How would you make sure there are no errors?
    This is everything that I remember. The website cases are kind of helpful but I think you need to google some more cases and really be prepared. Be confident! Also, just so you'd know, the compensation plan is awesome especially for an entry level position but it does require traveling 80% of the time so basically you're home only on the weekends. Good luck:)

Summer Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied for the position of a summer audit intern with Deloitte through my school and I was so excited when I was given a call by their recruiter to come in for an interview. The first round interview was done on campus so I had to go to my school's career center. Strangely, my interviewer did not have my resume with him. Luckily I had brought some extra resumes with me in my bag so that was no problem. Questions were fairly basic. Things like "tell me one time when you had to deal with conflict", there was some questions about ethics, and a number of behavioral questions. There were not much technical questions in this interview.

Interview Questions
    • In the ethics question, the interviewer gave me a hypothetical scenario in which a manager tells me to copy the presentation of a competing company in order to get Deloitte's presentation done on time. He asked me what I would do in that situation.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

2 half-hour interviews back to back with managers on Campus. Before the interview, there was a pre-interview event the night before, and basically just talk with recruiters. After a few weeks, Deloitte will just send an email to notify whether you get to the second round or not

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Each candidate must go through 3 rounds of interviews(case, behavioral, technology) interviews. People cannot study for the case interview since they are current questions. Behavioral, people should answer about who they are not what they want to be.

Interview Questions
    Will offer lower pay scale

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

On campus interviews. 2 rounds
    Behavioral & Case
    Behavioral - interviewed by principal. no nonsense guy. typical behavioral questions. Was looking for fit. 30 minutes. questions like - how did you convey a difficult message to a client, most difficult teammate you worked with etc
    Case - technology case. Followed by 3 questions. had to answer each question and move on to the next. case was about application rationalization & infrastructure consolidation. Had some elements of organization structure issues that had to be answered. 30 mins

Interview Questions
    • was from the Case: what if the executive who was your project champion leaves the firm and you have to work with new people. how will you manage it?   Answer Question