Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015
3,560 Interview Reviews

AERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. First part of the process was a 'coffee chat' with the Director of the practice. This was forced upon everyone because he could not decide who to give the real interviews to. Then the next week the actual interview came. First interviewer was a manager. He asked vague questions about hypothetical school and work scenarios. He challenged every answer, seemingly unsatisfied with the premises he himself had come up with. None of these questions had much to do with what skills I possessed. Second interviewer was a senior manager. He seemed half asleep after a full day of conducting interviews. He first asked me to describe what the job would be and was unsatisfied with my answer. His explanation of the job turned out equally as vague as my explanation. Then he asked yet another set of vague questions, this time about a hypothetical project. He rudely would not let me finish my answers. It seems nobody could actually pinpoint what this job or practice actually does. It seems the point of the practice is for banks to outsource their most boring uncreative regulatory work.

Interview Questions

• What types of risks would be associated with a consumer bank?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. There were two rounds of interviews, both have two 30 minutes interviews with senior managers and partner. You know the result of the first round interview at the evening of that day and got the second interview the next day of it. There were all behavioral questions.

Tax Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

2 interviewers back to back interview. All behavior questions. One manager and one partner. Conversational. They have a long list about questions. They will decide the questions based on your experiences

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I interviewed as an experienced hire, and a contact of mine sent my resume to a recruiter. The recruiter reached out to me for an informal chat. After the chat, she determined we should move forward, and set up a phone interview for me and a manager 3 days later. The phone interview was mostly behavioral - asked questions about my leadership and management styles, how I motivate a group of people, etc. The next day, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview. This was scheduled for two days later, and consisted of 3 in-person interviews. One was a behavioral interview - she asked questions about my experiences, why I wanted to get into consulting, etc. The next was a case interview - it wasn't too stressful. I practiced using their online tools, and looked up a few acronyms that were tossed around, as I had little prior business experience. I asked relevant questions and set up a framework for the interview. The last interview was more of a technical skills alignment interview - she asked questions more specific to what skills of mine would be transferable to consulting (e.g. analyzing the market, implementing a change in organizational structure, etc.). I was contacted within 2 weeks, and was given great feedback. Unfortunately, my timeline was not conducive to their anticipated start date, so I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you implemented an organizational change.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA).

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter

Technical phone screening, I was 2 years of experience less then what they were looking for, I showed "eagerness" over the conversation that they invited me to an in person interview.

In Person 3 Rounds:

1st: HR (unfortunately) my HR was someone who didn't care about the interview, he talked down a lot and wasn't interested in striking a conversation.

2nd round: Talked about previous projects, SDLC, and anything on your resume

3rd Round: Consulting: They want to see what steps you took in order to come up with a solution, make sure you name risks at the end, also talk about stakeholders and ask questions. This interviewer was also not very inviting.

They have a beautiful workplace, and I met a lot of friendly people on the location, but 2 of my 3 interviewers seemed like they'd rather be at a happy hour somewhere in Clarendon.

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through school career portal and online. Then 2 behavioral and 1 case. The person who administered the case was very handsoff. She barely talked at all, but then again, I was the last person to do the case, so she could have been tired. I asked for feedback but was denied.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What makes a good leader? Why consulting? What industry?   Answer Question

Summer Envision Leadership Conference Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I was put in contact with a recruiter through a relative who works at Deloitte since they do not recruit at my school. Unless they actively recruit at your school it is very difficult to interview with them. After speaking with the recruiter we set up a first round phone interview. I was interviewed by a senior auditor who was very nice and easy to talk to. Remember, these are supposed to be conversations with your interviewer, not one sided interrogations.
    I was emailed shortly adter and told that I was invited to interview in-office at their Detroit Office in the Rennaissance Center. I arrived downtown and met with the recruiter who spoke to us briefly and answered any questions we had (remember to ask lots of questions. it shows you are interested!). After that I had two 30-minute interviews with different employees. One was a partner and one was a Managing Director. It was awseome because I told them that I was interested in Advisory/consulting and they set me up with people in those fields so as to better answer my questions and to get to know me better. Afterwards myself and three other interviewees went out to lunch with two younger employees and got to know them. We went to a nice seafood place and the company paid for everything. We then returned and were told what the next step would be if we got the position.
    I was called two days later with good news of receiving the position in the leadership conference.

A few words on the leadership conference: It is two days long and you are put through a variety of situations and llisten to speakers about the company and what they do. It is meant to see if you are a good team worker and if you are a good leader. I was told that as long as you act well there and work well with a team you will be offered an internship position for the next summer. Be a good leader but dont be too overbearing and "in-your-face".

Interview Questions

• What was a professional situation in which you sought outside assistance for?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation in which you faced a problem in a professional setting.   Answer Question
    • What qualities make you a good leader? Name a situation where you put those qualities to use?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

The campus interview went for an hour with two interviewers who are all managers, each spent half an hour with me. About one week later, I got email from them that I got into the final interview. It was in Deloitte. Another two managers interviewed me each for half an hour. Then three came for answering my questions. One and half hours in total.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application through my school's career resource website as well as the company's website. First round interviews were scheduled through the school's career center and were held on campus.I interviewed with an audit senior manager who tried his best to put me at ease during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you could redo high school?
      What's your favorite movie?
      What book have you recently read?

Answer Question

National Leadership Conference Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on my school's website and had an on-campus interview with a manager. The interview was very easy and I was asked questions based on my resume.Then I was invited to cost their office for a second round of interviews.