Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
4,030 Interview Reviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The process started through on campus networking events where current employees from 1st years to partners attended. This was very informal and anyone could go. The next step was to drop a resume with them and wait for a call back. The interview was your typical conversational interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used leadership to solve a problem   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and got call from recruiter. The recruiter was pretty quick in setting the interview with Project Manager. One round of phone interview. Asked about my past experience and education

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The hiring process was very well organized. The recruiter was able to schedule each of the three interviews back to back on the same day, which worked well as I didn't want to take multiple days off going through the interview process. The decision to hire was made in a reasonable time (2-3 days after the interview).

Interview Questions

• Explain some of the challenges you think you would face in the consulting world and how would you overcome those challenges?   Answer Question

Base salary was not what I was expecting.

NextGen National Leaders Conference Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On campus interview based on pre-approved resumes and cover letters. The interview consisted of two parts: behavioral analysis and a case study. Both were fairly straight forward. To do well in the behavioral analysis section, know your strengths and how to connect them to concrete projects or experiences you have. Also, know why you want to be a part of such a great company. The case study portion was like most other case studies, pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use your most valuable skills to overcome a difficult problem or scenario.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed with Deloitte. They did ask some technical questions that a candidate should be prepared to answer. We had to interview with several people (approximately 6 people). I think they look for smart candidates that are willing to work hard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview with standard questions. Very professionally organized. Feedback was prompt. Interviewer was very professional and made sure to make me feel at ease. Scheduling was convenient. The interviewer basically determines if the candidate is a good fit for any vacant positions and will assist in determining possible suitable openings if any.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Deloitte (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Sonya Yeonas, a Recruiting Specialist. She found me on Indeed.com. I had an interview with a senior software developer and one with a project manager and was told that both interviewers gave very good reviews of me and was told my final interviews would be with a program manager and a principle. I scheduled the time and then a half hour later Sonya calls and says that they decided to hire internally. I wonder if others have had similar experiences.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter. Then about a month later a different recruiter called me and I had an initial phone interview. I was then invited to a in person interview later that week. The in person interview was three 30 minute interviews. Two were with senior consultants/manager and the third was with a principal. My recruiter called me later that day to tell me I got the job. I interviewed on Thursday, and I received my written offer Monday morning.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied via the school careers service. Got a call from the HR after about 2 weeks wanting to schedule a telephonic technical interview with the Hiring Manager. Had a 30-35 minute call with the manager and he asked me questions related to my resume and experience. After about 2 weeks received another mail saying that they would like to schedule a in person interview. The in person interview had 3 rounds, behavioral, technical and case study. The interview were easy but the only thing needed is a thorough knowledge about your resume, the position, company and you should be able to relate your experience with the requirements for the position. The case study was similar to the one provided on their website however the important thing there is to engage in a conversation with the manager and not just answer what is being asked. Overall the interviewers were really great and they made me feel comfortable. Got an offer 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you act in an ethical crisis situation(You know what you are doing is against the rules but still it is for the good of others)?Give example?   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Great post and tips related to engaging in conversation with the interviewer during the case study. In conducting case studies, we want to understand how you'd approach a problem and talking that ... More

Manager Interview

Interview

Efficient and fast. Great interviewers. Personal. Same day or near same day minimum. This is an experienced hire process - campus interviews much more involved. Excellent vetting process for candidates. If you aren't the real deal, unlikely you'll get through.