Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was probably the best that I have experienced. I was one of about 12 people getting interviewed and was really impressed with the organization and over all process. I left Deloitte excited to be part of the company. If you lack the integrity of what you put forth in your resume you will not do well.

Interview Question – The business case was probably the most trivial, and only because you either knew what you were talking about or you didn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was a simple process! Deloitte gathers pertinent information prior to sending out an offer.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process was amazing. I went through campus recruiting, and now as an analyst on the other side can confirm that all school follow this process. About a week before the first interview, I received confirmation that I was chosen. The night before there was a meet and greet with recent alumni and the partners who would be administering the interviews (a bit nerve wracking). The interview process was the best part. On Monday, there were two 45 minute interviews, one case and one behavioral. The case was a bit difficult since I had a business background and the case was an SDLC case. Not quantitative at all. The behavioral was very relaxed. On Monday evening, I received a call for a second round which was to be conducted the next day. It was amazing not having to wait two weeks for the next round. The second round consists of one hour long joint behavioral and case interview. Again SDLC case with no calculations, just talk through the issues. About 10 days later, offers were distributed, it was great.

Interview Question – Personally, the most difficult part was the case studies since I was coming from a business background and they were all SDLC cases. To prepare, use the mock interviews Deloitte provides and just study the SDLC.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Given 30 days to decide.

Summer Leadership Conference- Audit Interview

Summer Leadership Conference- Audit
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I had talked to the campus recruiter at my university's career fair who suggested that I apply online for the summer leadership position. Online application was not too bad, and led to an interview at my university with an Alumnus. After getting picked out of the first round of interviews I was then selected to go into the regional office to interview with a Senior Manager and Partner. Overall it was a very well organized recruiting process and the campus recruiters do a lot to keep you informed of what is happening in your area and what to do next.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you had to deal with a client or team member who was unsatisfied with your actions or decisions; and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You may be able to negotiate where you would like to intern your Junior summer, but be careful because they very much like to fill their offices with students from surrounding universities. (i.e. New York office with students from NYU)

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interview has two rounds. The first round is on campus and the second round is in house. Both are one-on-one behavioral interviews. Interviewer had a list of questions to ask, but basically covering everything on the resume.

Interview Question – Ask me a research-related experience   Answer Question

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Consultant - Human Capital
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online. A recruiter contacted me and introduced me to a Sr. Manager. The Sr. Manager asked specific HC questions. The recruiter contacted me to invite me in for in-person interviews with 3 leaders.

Interview Question – The case study - role playing scenario. They put you in the shoes of a consultant and have you solve the problem to the best of your ability. "A company wants a new talent management system. How would you proceed?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money. They declined. I accepted anyways.

Specialist Senior Interview

Specialist Senior
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was expecting technical interview as should be the case for technical position applied, but no technical questions were asked. The lady who interviewed was not technical, and didn't know much about the programming

Interview Question – None. They look at how well you can communicate. No skills evaluated   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter call followed by on site interviews with 4 people - 45 minutes each back to back. Call back within 4 business days. The questions focused on business process and situations. No technical questions were given.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation and how you overcame that while managing a team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - they said flat out that this was the best package and nothing more could be done

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter. Met with a director for an interview. Went back for a follow up with some other members. Mostly just handshake and quick discussions, nothing significant. The process still ongoing.

Interview Question – All very straightforward. If they're playing games, it is not a job that you want.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – OCI to screener interview. but they sent a Manager from valuation who didn't care too much about the interview process. He made the process a little awkward for some people because he asked really odd questions for law students. My experience was a little better, but as I said below, our OCI didn't yield any call backs.

Interview Question – It wasn't too difficult, mostly a conversation.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Had interview on campus, offered office visit which was full day of interviews, lunch, etc. They then offered the job about a week later. Was a pretty straight forward process, more get to know you questions, but it was my first job out of college.

Interview Question – Dont remember...   Answer Question