Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015
3,789 Interview Reviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was fair, expedient, and more laid-back than expected. The two case studies were done with high-level consultants, and the in-person behavioral was done by a partner. It is best to stay relaxed and make it conversational; I did not have a heavy business background so I used personality and a general knowledge to impress.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Initially will be called by the HR Recruiter and will discuss about the availalbility for a face to face interview. As per the discussion the interview will be scheduled. Two rounds of interview 30 mins each. First round will be on the behavior perspective and the next round will be technical perspective. Once both the rounds were cleared, an email with the offer will be sent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you prefer deloitte??   1 Answer

Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

First I contacted by uncle who already works within Deloitte, then I was directed to my specific campus recruiter. I had an initial phone screening that lasted approximately 20 minutes. Next was a behavioral phone interview, and they told they me they would get back to me within a week. A week later I found out I made it to the last round: 1 behavioral and 1 technical interview at the Deloitte U.S. Delivery Center in Orlando, Florida. Flew down Thursday and attended the banquet that night where we met employees who already worked at the office. The next morning were my interviews at the office, a very short drive from the hotel. First was a typical behavioral interview followed by a rather light technical interview.

Interview Questions

• I (the manager) is unavailable all week and you have been given a set of ambiguous requirements, how would you proceed forward on the project and attempt to derive more specific requirements?   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of success?   Answer Question

Entry Level Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through my law school's On Campus Interview process in July of last year. Did an On Campus Interview with two of their employees in August of last year. That interview focused on going over my resume. It was a generic OCI type interview. A few, but not many questions about my interest in Tax Law.

Throughout the year I would occasionally get e-mails from them asking me if I was still interested. I was and kept them appraised of any resume changes over the year.

They finally got around to scheduling call-back interviews in March. They left a phone message asking me to call them back to tell them what practice area I was interested in interviewing for. It took a few days of calling them back before I was able to speak to a live person. Ultimately, they scheduled me with an interview in my top choice of practice group.

Around this time they also started e-mailing a second e-mail address of mine asking me to fill out a website form with generic resume information, and also information on my race and sex. Curiously, during the interviews a couple of the interviewers admitted to not having read my resume ahead of time, so I'm not sure what the purpose of asking for the information through the website was.

The call-back interview finally occurred in April. It was originally scheduled to be about five hours. The day before the interview they announced that it would only be half of that length, and would start later in the day.

The interview consisted of three half hour one on one meetings with the office's partners or their assistants. Other applicants were being interviewed at the same time, so we rotated. These interviews were a mix of discussing resume items, and discussing interest in Tax. Pretty much the same as an OCI interview.

Afterwards they had the office's low level workers take us out for coffee at Starbucks.

They went radio silent after that point. Finally, they sent a generic rejection letter in May.

It was weird how the process went on for 10 months. The position would have been one where we would have started in August, so it would have been much more efficient for them to do the interviews in July or August of this year.

Interview Questions

• What other firms are you considering? How would you counsel a client about XYZ? What is your proudest accomplishment? Do you have a copy of your resume that I can look at?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Consisted of two case interviews and a partner interview.
    It was easy to connect with the interviewers and make a decent impression, friendly and approachable.
    Deloitte had a great interview process on the whole.
    The UX case studies were easy to get through.

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews; one technical, one "soft" (personality/fit). It really depends on who you get; I give tougher tech interviews than what I got. I've seen candidates crash and burn on what should be basic Java questions. Pro tip: don't google for answers during a skype interview (yes, I've seen it happen).

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between SOAP and RESTful web services.   Answer Question

Securitization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Went through campus recruitment process. Contacted months later about being admitted for superday. Had 4 back to back interviews with managers and directors. Mostly "Walk me through your resume" "What do you know about Securitization?" "In this situation what kind of securities would you buy and why?" "In a mortgage, what criteria would you look for to value it?"

Interview Questions

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

As noted in this post, a portion of your interview may include walking the interviewer through your background and resume. Check out these recruiting tips from one of our experienced hire recruiters ... More

Federal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

30 min. phone interview for the first round. This was behavioral, so they mostly just asked me questions about my past experiences, why I was interested in consulting, etc. Specific questions from my resume. Then in the final round, they flew me to D.C. for more behavioral and case interviews. I had 2 case interviews back-to-back, and one behavioral. Interviewers were very nice and I didn't trip up during any of the interviews, but I don't think I was charismatic enough.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

half an hour behavioral questions and half an hour case interview. The interviewers are nice and professional. The case interview really need more preparation.Go to their website and really get to know the example and what is SDLC. The behavioral is quite standard and just like normal conversation,going though the experience. Just make sure there is interaction during the process.

Interview Questions

• Standard going over resume and the case study is really similar to the case example they offered online.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. The process was very straight forward, Deloitte is very transparent as the evaluate candidates. After applying through my school's career service I was contacted for a first round of interviews - this included two separate pieces. The first piece was a behavioral interview followed by a case. Deloitte evaluates you on every part of your interview, this includes the greeters.
    After I finished the case I was told I would know by 5 PM that day if they wanted me to come back. They called a few hours after I left and asked me to come in the following day.
    The second day was very close to the first in initial structure; greeter, behavior and case. The difference was the amount of time with each person/people, in the second day the case is much more in depth. There is a tool on the Deloitte website that will help you prepare for these cases and I highly recommend using it. Deloitte's cases are not as hard as what most business schools will put you through but they are also given in a unique structure which adds to the difficulty. Be prepared when you go in and make sure you are confidant in your answers, in the qualitative section they are looking not just how you solve the case but also how you process the case. With the quantitative section they want to see how you gather the data just as much as they want to see you answer the question - that said, don't get the wrong answer: prepare for these interviews there are no hidden aspects and because of that Deloitte expects that you've done your homework and can do some basic math with people looking at you.
    After the interviews I was told I would hear back in two weeks. I had gathered all the contact information from the interviewing/greeting members of Deloitte and wrote each short thank you note.
    I revived my final offer exactly two weeks later.
    The overall interview is set up to have a behavior (little or no stress) and a case (mild to moderate stress) to truly gauge if you are the right fit for Deloitte, be yourself and prepare.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work at Deloitte?   1 Answer

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

This is a great synopsis of our consulting campus interview process. You can find additional tips for preparing for the recruiting process on our careers site ... More