Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Transfer Pricing Consultant Interview

Transfer Pricing Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had a first round phone interview and then a full-day final round. Day-long interview included several written tests (math, writing, analytical), a sales pitch, and a group transfer pricing exercise and presentation. Exercise was surprisingly technical rather than a general aptitude/intelligence test. Very friendly throughout, but long. HR contact was uncommunicative after the interview.

Interview Question – Explain why transfer pricing has become an increasingly important part of multinational business strategy.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – They had one round of interviews in college and had a technology case. The case was similar to the one outlined in their example cases. Although they were seeing how well you think on the go instead of coming prepared.

Interview Question – The case was very difficult. Also, avoid saying anything bad about your previous employer even if you hated it. Just say they were the best employers in the world.   View Answer

Project Controller Interview

Project Controller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I was a referral and the first interview was simply the recruiter making sure I was a good fit and understood the role. That was followed by a staff level interview that went well and was a get to know you kind of conversation. Questions were quite limited on that call and we talked a bit more about what my work preferences were and my experience including experience with different tools.
The third interview was a round of 3 interviews in one day. One interview was with a manager and the last two with 2 different senior managers from the practice. For the most part those questions were behavioral questions but the last interview was a case study. Talked about different ways I would handle situations of managing client work. Tough last interview but got the offer.

Interview Question – Case -study. The interviewer was intense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too rough. They knew what they wanted to pay.

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations

Interview Details – 2 rounds -
First round: 2 phone interviews, 30 min each, one behavioral and one case study
- I believe this is the format for non-target school candidates
Second round: Hour long case study at office
- Didn't make it to this round, but this is what I believe it consists of

Interview Question – Behavioral questions are basic and expected. Case study is different from other firms   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

Advisory Intern

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interview: on campus then in the office. I was interviewed by three people: a senior manager and two partners. Normally though, there should be only two interviewers. It was all behavioral questions, nothing technical.

Interview Question – One interviewer asked me to ask him questions instead of the other way around.   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Leadership Program
Detroit, MI

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – I applied online through my school career website. I had an on campus interview and then made it to the second round interviews. There you went through three rounds of interviews and got to go out to lunch with an associate.

Interview Question – What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Deloitte Consulting recruiter through LinkedIn - I have 10+ years experience implementing government healthcare systems and 20+ years of solid IT project experience.

I had two calls with the Deloitte recruiter and both went very well. Then I had a technical interview with a senior manager who had lead the technical design work for a very large project they had bid on - the project they were recruiting for - in government healthcare. According to the recruiter, I did extremely well and he schedule the local office visit.

The day before the office interview visit, the recruiter called me and said he had forgotten to ask my current salary. I told him my current salary and there was a long silence. I asked if my current salary was inline with their compensation plan and he said it would not be an issue. The tone of the recruiter's voice was noticably different than it was at the beginning of the call.

The next day I went to the office and started with the case study. The interviewer was young and a bit nerdy but appeared to be very smart. The case study was not related to healthcare IT but according to the recruiter, I nailed it. He said that most people who fail, fail on the case study portion of the interview.

The other two interviews were rather strange. One guy was a partner. He was about my age but appeared to be at least 20 years older. He spent most of our scheduled 30 minutes telling me about the previous day when he arrived at the airport and found the tire on his new MB was flat. He was outraged that the dealer wanted to charge him $1,000 for a new rim - and how he couldn't possibly have bent a rim on his new expensive car. I asked him a lot of questions about why the firm wanted to get into the government healthcare IT space. He admitted that he had no healthcare experience and his response was basically - we've studied the market and that's where the money is.

The other guy, a senior manager, appeared to be recovering from a serious case of jet lag. He asked a few strange questions. He was reading them from his laptop and even he found them difficult to read out loud. They appeared to be a bunch of buzz words strung together in an attempt to form a hypothetical question. I obviously bombed this interview because the questions were so absurd.

I have a master degree from a top tier school and significant industry experience and I thought that two of the three interviews were a total waste of time. This was an opportunity for Deloitte to impress me and to sell me on coming to work for them. After all, they are trying to break into a mature industry that my current company has dominated for three decades. Instead, they appeared to have one bright young consultant and two burned out members of their 'leadership" team who are showing up just to fulfill their obligatory interview time on Friday after a week of being out of town.

I left the interview knowing that I would probably not receive an offer and if I did, I was probably not going to accept it. I was disappointed that I had wasted a day off, but there was one benefit from going through the interview experience. If Deloitte's arcane interview process does not change, and they are only interested in hiring androids, then the companies that dominate the healthcare IT industry do not need to worry about Deloitte winning any new business.

Consulting Intern Interview

Consulting Intern

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Why Deloitte? Hiring Interview Process as expected for firm of that size. Applicants regardless of entry treated very well and interesting orientation programs that stress diversity over competition. Overall, I'd say good experience, despite anability to get an offer, nonetheless shed insight into the indstury and the different service lines of deloitte.

Interview Question – Questions for the comptency based interivews were not difficult, but you must make sure you tick all their boxes based on their wants and needs. Practice the supposed comptencies beforehand and know your experiences on your resume well, that way you will excel   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst

Interview Details – Met with recruiter on campus, after which a behavioral interview was held via phone. This is the "airport test" which is where a recruiter assesses whether or not he or she would be okay being stuck in an airport with you for more than ~5 hours. Interview followed by two case studies. Received offer shortly after!

Interview Question – How would you integrate systems of cell phone retailers in malls across the united states?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but strongly recommend doing so

Campus Recruiter Interview

Campus Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The turnaround from the time I applied to my first interview was less than a week. My first interview was an initial screening to go over my resume. After that I had 3 additional technical interviews with recruiting managers in the different service areas. Each interview was 30 minutes. After each interview the turnaround was 48 hours to let me know next steps and who I would be interviewing with next. Although I didn't get the job (they went with someone who had more experience), the interview process went very smooth and the recruiters I spoke with made you feel comfortable and were very personable and gave great insight on the position and the company.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult. I was asked common interview questions. If I had to pick challenging questions it would be: 1-What do you know/learn about the position from talking with the other recuriter managers? 2-Think of a creative recruiting activity/event for recruiting season to promote Deloitte.   Answer Question