Deloitte Interview Questions

2,517 Interview Reviews

2,517 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

AERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about 4 weeks. I applied through an employee referral. Was contacted a few weeks later via email and was scheduled for two 30 minute telephonic interviews with their professionals. The interviews were mostly focused on getting to know your background (walk-through-your resume), your interests and a few behavioral questions to assess your thought process and personality. Two days later, i.e on a Thursday received a call and and was invited for their on-site interviews at 30 Rock, the following Monday. All expenses towards the travel and accommodation were taken care of by Deloitte. Interviewed with a Senior Manager and a Partner, for about 30 minutes each. The interview format was similar to the telephonic interviews, in addition to a few technical questions related to the position. I would say, much focus was on how you present yourself, how well you know about the firm and the field you are applying to. Be prepared to have a solid answer for "Why only Deloitte?" and be enthusiastic about the position and Deloitte as a whole. Know what you are talking..do not just blabber. Take a minute, pause, think and then talk. Was contacted a few weeks later(verbally) to extend the offer. And i was EXCITED!! As a consultant, you get to meet various clients, work on different projects (sometimes within a span of few weeks) and with diverse teams. So, its very important to be personable. That's what i feel Deloitte looks for in a candidate, are you a good fit? Yes? You are Hired!

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Deloitte? 2. Why are you interested in this field? (Ex: Audit, Tax, Cyber) 2. Do you have any experience working with a diverse set of people on a team? How do you go about coordinating the work? 4. How do you go about prioritizing things when stringent deadlines are imposed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, there was a telephonic screening interview followed by a tech screen. The final round interviews were held onsite. There were three rounds - technical,core consulting skills assessment and a case study. The interviewers were friendly and made the interviews quite conversational. The case study round was interesting and it does require proper preparations. The first round for me was the core consulting skills assessment and the interviewer mostly asks you behavioral questions.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2015.

Interview

Applied in the AERS area in the Risk Analytics field. The interview went smoothly. One thing that is very different from the regular consultant area is that they do not give a case interview. 1-Behavioral, 1- Technical and 1- Fit interview with leadership. The recruiting team was difficult to work with, and the offer that was extended was way less than competitors.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a cut throat environment and how will you handle a cut throat environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Awful. Very unwilling to budge. Almost insulting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Deloitte contacted me; I did not apply to any positions online. I was recruited for the strategy & operations consultant track within the federal practice. We had a phone conversation about the culture and expectations before an in-person 90min session. Typical interview questions as well as an incredibly fun case interview scenario.

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Got a phone call from a recruiter, who scheduled two telephonic interviews ( One taken by a Senior Manager, other by the Manager). Two days later, got an email from the same recruiter, asking me to come to 30 Rock for two in person interviews. Both the interviews were behavioral, more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte, Why New York, Why consulting? Tell me about a situation where you handled a conflict? Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult team mate.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2015.

Interview

Process took a day. I met with 2 senior managers. they were nice, but questions were quite hard. They asked about me GPA and about my CPA. They also asked about why I choose Deloitte, why should we hire you? No technical questions asked. Why big 4? I think I met at least six people through my interviewing process.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by office interview with multiple practitioners, last round was with a partner. Questions including personality check, skills verification, case study, types of projects, travel frequency

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an interview on campus and then an office visit. Focused a lot on the culture and my leadership background. The interviewees were partners of the firm and very approachable. They took a holistic approach focusing on all areas including grades, leadership experience, community involvement.

Interview Questions

• How did you tackle a problem in the past during your leadership experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I spoke with three professionals, one at a time. The first 30 minute interview was questions about my resume. Be prepared for any questions relevant to your resume and yourself. The interviewer created questions as we spoke in order to get to know me. The second interview was also 30 minutes and consisted of the case study. I was given a case to read and then asked questions pertaining to it. Some questions were very challenging and took me a moment to gather my thoughts. Take your time to form thoughtful answers. After I gave my final recommendations and we discussed some of the main points, the interviewer also asked questions about me (interests/past work/degree/projects). The final interview was getting to know me, why I want to work for Deloitte, and what area I'm interested in. The interviewer asked questions seeing how I would handle certain situations or tackle challenging problems. Be prepared for anything here. I received a lot of interesting, challenging questions. It was a great discussion back and forth. Keep them engaged and show them you're willing to challenge yourself. Overall, the interview was 1 hour and 30 minutes. The were very accommodating to travel and expenses.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to study your degree? How did you learn about Deloitte? Would you be comfortable with working on projects not related to your background/degree? What role do you play in a group setting? Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1.) Career Fair- gave them my resume and elevator speech. 2.) On Campus interview- First, went over my resume and asked about my hobbies, jobs, qualifications, etc. Then, mostly behavioral Questions. Asked what you would do in a certain scenario. Then switched to a different interviewer. Questions were fair yet they were challenging because they made you think about past examples of leadership, skills, etc. 3.) On-Site Interview: Mostly fit questions. They wanted to see if you could talk to Partners under pressure and if you were a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit? Why do you want the internship?   Answer Question