Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015
3,889 Interview Reviews

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my campus recruiting website. Had one 30 minute on campus interview, then was invited for in-office interview which was two 30 minute interviews. One with a partner, one with an associate. It was mainly all behavioral questions and then them asking what questions you have for them, so come prepared with a lot.

Interview Questions

• What are three words you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Or Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Deloitte recruiter on LinkedIn. I had a 30 minute conversation with her and she sent me some follow up documentation on Deloitte. I responded saying that I was interested and she asked me to send her my resume so we could have another 30 minute interview to get the official process started. The conversation went really well and she set up another call with another HR person. I had a third 30 minute conversation with this new HR person and that went really well. The next step was my technical screen. My technical screen was with a senior manager and that went well so they scheduled my on site in person interview. The day of the in person interview I arrived 40 minutes early and they started the interview early as soon as I got there. I met with a master special in person for 30 minutes. Afterwards I had a 30 phone conversation with the Business Intelligence practice lead. After the phone conversation, I had another 30 minute in person interview with a director. After that conversation, I had my 4th in person interview with another master specialist. We wrapped up the interview right before 12pm noon. In your interview, be confident and answer all of their questions with examples from your work experience. I was not asked 1 question on any of the case studies in the prep link tool. They were interested in my knowledge of the software development life cycle, my experience managing teams, architecting business intelligence solutions and project plans and how I would mitigate risk on a project. Everyone was extremely friendly and it was more of a conversation than an interview. Since consulting is all about people, be confident, friendly and energetic. Convey that you are excited to join Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• How would you mitigate risk on a project? What is one technical obstacle you've faced on a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through my law school's On Campus Interview process in July of last year. Did an On Campus Interview with two of their employees in August of last year. That interview focused on going over my resume. It was a generic OCI type interview. A few, but not many questions about my interest in Tax Law. Throughout the year I would occasionally get e-mails from them asking me if I was still interested. I was and kept them appraised of any resume changes over the year. They finally got around to scheduling call-back interviews in March. They left a phone message asking me to call them back to tell them what practice area I was interested in interviewing for. It took a few days of calling them back before I was able to speak to a live person. Ultimately, they scheduled me with an interview in my top choice of practice group. Around this time they also started e-mailing a second e-mail address of mine asking me to fill out a website form with generic resume information, and also information on my race and sex. Curiously, during the interviews a couple of the interviewers admitted to not having read my resume ahead of time, so I'm not sure what the purpose of asking for the information through the website was. The call-back interview finally occurred in April. It was originally scheduled to be about five hours. The day before the interview they announced that it would only be half of that length, and would start later in the day. The interview consisted of three half hour one on one meetings with the office's partners or their assistants. Other applicants were being interviewed at the same time, so we rotated. These interviews were a mix of discussing resume items, and discussing interest in Tax. Pretty much the same as an OCI interview. Afterwards they had the office's low level workers take us out for coffee at Starbucks. They went radio silent after that point. Finally, they sent a generic rejection letter in May. It was weird how the process went on for 10 months. The position would have been one where we would have started in August, so it would have been much more efficient for them to do the interviews in July or August of this year.

Interview Questions

• What other firms are you considering? How would you counsel a client about XYZ? What is your proudest accomplishment? Do you have a copy of your resume that I can look at?   Answer Question

DNLC Participant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process started with an application drop via my college's online recruiting website. I was contacted for a first round phone interview. After that I had a day in-office for the final round interviews - 3 back-to-back interviews. Overall a straight forward process and they are very good with communication.

Envision Leadership Conference Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Only a few people got an interview, and they are the people who went to the infosession and network with recruiters. Be sure to attend as many Deloitte campus events as possible because it really helps your chances. There are 2 rounds of interviews. First round is on campus. Second round is in office and a superday including breakfast to late lunch.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Externship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through university's online job network and search. Offered two 30 minute interviews on my campus and then after two weeks I received a call that invited me to go to their office in McLean. I accepted and there was a dinner the evening prior with two 30 minute interviews the next day with directors and partners.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: strengths, weaknesses, leadership skills, interpersonal skills   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Initially will be called by the HR Recruiter and will discuss about the availalbility for a face to face interview. As per the discussion the interview will be scheduled. Two rounds of interview 30 mins each. First round will be on the behavior perspective and the next round will be technical perspective. Once both the rounds were cleared, an email with the offer will be sent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you prefer deloitte??   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews; one technical, one "soft" (personality/fit). It really depends on who you get; I give tougher tech interviews than what I got. I've seen candidates crash and burn on what should be basic Java questions. Pro tip: don't google for answers during a skype interview (yes, I've seen it happen).

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between SOAP and RESTful web services.   Answer Question

Securitization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Went through campus recruitment process. Contacted months later about being admitted for superday. Had 4 back to back interviews with managers and directors. Mostly "Walk me through your resume" "What do you know about Securitization?" "In this situation what kind of securities would you buy and why?" "In a mortgage, what criteria would you look for to value it?"

Interview Questions

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

As noted in this post, a portion of your interview may include walking the interviewer through your background and resume. Check out these recruiting tips from one of our experienced hire recruiters ... More

Federal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

30 min. phone interview for the first round. This was behavioral, so they mostly just asked me questions about my past experiences, why I was interested in consulting, etc. Specific questions from my resume. Then in the final round, they flew me to D.C. for more behavioral and case interviews. I had 2 case interviews back-to-back, and one behavioral. Interviewers were very nice and I didn't trip up during any of the interviews, but I don't think I was charismatic enough.