Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at Deloitte LLP in August 2010.

Interview Details – 3 Stages
1) Phone interview with HR recruiter
2) Phone interview with Manager and PPD
3) In-person interview with Manager and PPD

Interview Question – Skills test.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – 2 on campus interviews

Interview Question – More conversational, some questions about the SDLC   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – The phone interview was lengthy and other party seemed disinterested. While a big company, i would look to see what else is out there.

Interview Question – Too general.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – The interviewers are quite friendly and no hard question. I really enjoy talking to their people.

Interview Question – No unexpected question. All questions are based on my resume.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – two rounds of interviews. First round is mainly behavioral questions. Second round has some case study and technical interview questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no.

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three different people. Director, Manager, and Senior Associate. Interviews with each person were supposed to be 30 minutes but extended to about 45 minutes each.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly about previous work experience, and how it relates to position I was being interviewed for. There were behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – 5-8 Interviews. Took 3 months from initial contact to hiring day. Not difficult interview. Normal casual conversation. Interview consisted of speaking to future peers, at every level. Recruiter, Associate, Senior Associate, Manager(2), Senior Manager(2), Partner. Every conversation was mainly focused on displaying your ability to work in a team environment. Few technical questions, but volunteered a lot to show ability to perform job duties. Almost every interview ended with "I'll give the recruiter feedback and you should hear back soon". Which turned out to be a positive thing.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview 1 - Screen: standard interview to gauge your interest (with recruiter)
Interview 2 - Technical: tests your analytical abilities and sees what kind of related experience you have (relatively difficult interview with staff manager)
interview 3 - Face to face: 2 - 3 individual interviews with partner level people. seeing how you present yourself and looking for interest (e.g. what kind of questions did you ask)

Interview Question – What kind of technical environment were you in? What do you see yourself doing here in X years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 call about relocation and compensation with recruiter. stand your ground for something if it's important to you.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Phone interview, and then 1-1 interview with 3 people

Interview Question – They want to see your problem solving techniques   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Big mistake

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for non-consultant track position in Deloitte Consulting through the Experienced Hire process, though the position was entry-level and it looked like the other interviewees were recent college grads like myself. Filled out very detailed job application with work history on the Deloitte website as well as submitting a resume/cover letter.

Four weeks later, I got a call from a Deloitte recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone screen for the following week. We talked some about the duties of the position and he asked me for a salary range. When I answered, he responded that their budget was capped a little lower than what I had asked for, and I said that I was still interested. He told me he was going to pass me along to the next round, and soon after I got an email from another person (a scheduler) wanting to set up a phone screen with the actual hiring manager. That call took about 45 minutes, as we talked about Deloitte, what the group does within Deloitte, what the position would be, etc. Both phone screens were very informational, and not at all like an interview. There was a definite vibe of just wanting to get a feel for me and make sure I knew what the position was all about. Afterwards, the hiring manager said she wanted to bring me in for a final face-to-face interview. I set up a time with the scheduler for the following week.

When I arrived at Deloitte, the place was mostly deserted, since much of the office space there serves as a home base for consultants who spend the majority of their time onsite with clients. We used an empty office, and I interviewed with three separate people in half-hour blocks, one right after the other. The first interview was with the hiring manager, who mostly answered my questions, and gave me a really thorough breakdown of the culture and working environment at Deloitte and within the group, as well as telling me about the structure and the other employees.

The second interview was with a team lead. I would have been her direct report. She conducted a traditional interview with very typical questions - why do you want to work here, what in your experience makes you a good fit, etc. I'm paraphrasing, but it was nothing that threw me for a loop. I felt that she and I had a very good rapport, and I felt really great after the second interview.

The third interview was with another group member at the same grade as the second interviewer, but outside the direct hierarchy. She did a behavioral interview with ten questions, and took extremely copious notes - in a half hour, she completely filled both sides of her sheet of paper. They were doing all their interviews in two afternoons and were on a very tight schedule, so after half an hour she walked me to the elevator and that was that.

I had a really excellent interview experience at Deloitte. All three interviewers were friendly and set me at ease, and I had a great feeling when I left. I was told that, whoever they hired, they were looking to make an offer the following week. Before I heard back from them, however, I received an offer from another firm paying significantly more than Deloitte was able to for that position. After giving Deloitte notice that I had gotten another offer and not hearing anything back, I accepted the other offer.

Interview Question – The interview questions were pretty straightforward, there's not one that stuck out as being particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Associate interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.