Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Senior

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with HR coordinator and met with 2 partners

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions for me since I had prior audit experience at another firm. Just make sure to act interested and ask a lot of questions when talking to the partners. They like to feel important.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a senior role when I applied for a staff position, so the offer came with more money than I was anticipating and I accepted.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details – It's a very good interview process, they are very clear with the schedule and people you are interviewing with, and also their position with the firm. They provide specific details about the job and benefits you have once joining them. The length of this process is

Interview Question – Why would you like to go back to the audit practice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

South Bend, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2009.

Interview Details – Typically done at a younger age, either through on campus hirings or after having completed an internship. Internship interviews consisted of multiple rounds with senior managers and partners.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unable to do something on your own and had to rely on your network to solve a problem   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Audit Senior

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting entails submitting resume and being wined and dined by all the firms. All of the big four are the same, so it's helpful to get to know the culture of each firm. However, more likely than not, the people who recruited you will have quit by the time you start.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions; purely behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non existent

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy....just chit chatted with a partner and had a sr manager ask me behavioral based questions

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer from PwC

Audit Senior

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one with HR personnel and the other with a partner.

Interview Question – What is the IFRS that you most struggle with and why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was accepted

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview with HR sepcialist and manager. My resume was sent to HR manager and after interview was accepted by manager. The HR specilist conducted 30 minutes phone interview asking me about myself and my working experience.

Interview Question – Tell me how you used your own experinece for solving problem.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiters with Deloitte seem very nice and are very responsive and quick with the whole job interview process. I had a phone interview with the recruiter...basic background questions, talked about the firm a little, and some other bs. The in-person interview, I met with two partners. One was in the insurance industry, the other was in the private equity/hedge fund industry. Both interviews went well, according to my point of view. One of the partners (private equity/hedge fund) said that I had a "99% chance of getting an offer". Fast forward 2 days, I got a call from the recruiter stating that I did not get an offer. I asked her why, and she told me that they "interviewed other candidates and felt that they were better suited for the role". (Just to let you know, I'm from a small/local public accounting firm, so some of the skills that I stated during the interview process might not have been relevant to the applied position.)

Interview Question – Take me through the whole audit process your current firm performs and what is your function in that process.   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2010.

Interview Details – It is rather similar in all BIG4 comparies, so I guess it is better to ask company's HR for the particular process - they are very transparent and definitely would describe it better than me, as it was long ago..
Still, there was initial testing process (computer tests, when you and other applicants sit together each in front of his PC and answer technical (accounting, number-crunching) and English knowledge tests.
Then if it is ok, you are invited to the "cocktail party" - the party with some company employees, who actually will decide if they want you to work for the Firm or not later.
If all is ok, you are invited for the interview with the Partner of your future Department.

All steps are transparent, people are friendly and professional.

Interview Question – nothing special, really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing. It was standard package for the initial position of Audit Assistant.

Geelong (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details – Planning, number of interview

Interview Question – Was definitely not ready for that   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Audit Senior interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.