Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

68 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – The first round interview was on campus and consisted of two interviews. I had the interview with a partner and senior manager. The interviewers were nice and they asked basic behavior questions. They asked me to introduce myself first and asked questions about my background. It was not hard.

Interview Question – What's your favorite food?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication was by email to schedule an interview in person in Los Angeles, about two weeks in advance. Interview itself began with all candidates on that particular day being gathered in a conference room for a presentation and Q&A with managers. Each candidate was subsequently interviewed by three individual superiors (partners, managers, etc) each lasting about 30 minutes a piece. Questions were typical and generic - What draws you to the profession, Leadership experience, favorite college course, etc. All in all a present and professional experience.

Was called a few weeks later to be given the unfortunate news, but not many organizations would give phone calls like that. Most send out an unprofessional generic email. I appreciated the phone call at least.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have faced adversity in a team environment.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact through college recruiters at Meet The Firm events. They maintained contact as I expressed interest. The interviews were initially on campus and then later in house. The questions were mostly behavioral based, but then the last few (in house) were more a meet and greet with various senior members of the firm. My offer was communicated shortly afterwards (within 24 hours).

Interview Question – How do you manage change and working with difficult people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as there was very little room (especially with salary). I could have negotiated location, but not salary or start date.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Got the first round interview invitation through campus recruiting. It was set up with two back-to-back behavioral interviews with a Director and a Partner.

Interview Question – The least favorite part of the most recent internship. Not expected to talk about any negative side of the most recent one, which I planned to highlight.   Answer Question

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting:
1. On campus interview, introduction of yourself, and "tell me a situation where you have ..." type of questions. Interviewed with two people, one senior manager (6 yrs), one director with more than 15 yrs of experience.
2. two weeks latter, invited for an office-visit. Started at 3 pm. 3 short interviews with different persons, one of them is a partner. Followed by a dinner.
3. two weeks latter, received a call from the recruiting manager, saying they cannot extend an offer at this time because of limited space.

Interview Question – Tell me an example where you have listened to someone else's opinions and the results.   View Answer

Campus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Spoke with the campus recruiter a few weeks prior to attending a campus recruiting event. Went to event and spoke with the campus recruiter as well as a second year staff that asked me questions as she checked things off of a clipboard. The next day I was invited to an on campus interview for the following week. Deloitte had brought in two staff members to talk with the ones waiting to be interviewed as the prior interviews were being completed. Interview was fairly simple, lasted half an hour. Asked basic questions about describing myself, what I like to do, and why I liked public accounting. Gave me a "save the date" card for an office interview for two weeks from then. In the end two weeks had passed yet I still had received no notification on an update. I ended up reaching out to the recruiter and getting a response a few days later. Basically Deloitte likes their staff to come in with no experience so they can mold them the way they want, and I already had experience and they didn't like that. Ended up going with another of the big four.

Interview Question – All relativity standard. Asked a lot of team related questions.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview with 2 interviewer: one manager and one partner. The interview process was like a conversation, and I was asked about my past internships, teamwork experiences, and challenges I have met before. When talking with partner it was really like a conversation, but the manager interviews were more follow up the routine interview process.

Interview Question – The first round interview is not very difficult, just using example to demonstrate your experience and be yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Resume screening

Interview Question – Very easy behavioral question, but you don't know what they look for   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – 1: 1st round of interview are all behaviral questoins: 1) What qualities do you think a good leader should have? Describe your leadership experience.. 2) How do you manage your time? 3) Describe a difficult/challenging time you have? 4) Describe a time that you have different opinions with your co-workers/teammates, and how do you solve it?
2: Networking Dinner
3: My 2nd round of interview (on-site) are more conversational. Mainly talk about my resume, and if there is any questions I have for the interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me your experience of dealing with customers   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – I applied as a college senior majoring in accounting to the Big 4 firms. My interview with Deloitte was the most difficult, most structured of the 4. The interview was structured with "what-if" and "tell me about a time" scenarios, such as "Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and the team was not cooperating. What did you do to fix the situation?" All questions were formed this way.

Interview Question – "Tell me about your biggest weakness." Make sure to turn your weakness into a strength!   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Audit Staff interview questions and advice. All 68 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.