Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

227 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process took about two weeks-I went through my school's on-campus recruiting. The first round interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews-one being behavioral and one being case study based. They were both standard. One thing that Deloitte likes to do is have the interviewers use their cell phones or computers while the interview is taking place to see how you react. Just try to play it cool. Got an email for a second round interview that Sunday (interview was on a Friday) for the upcoming Friday. Second round interview was another case study. Was notified a week later.

Interview Question – When we all meet at the end of the day and your name comes up, what should I tell the group that sets you apart? How have you differentiated yourself from everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – After I submitted the application for Business Technology Analyst through university career service website, I got an invitation for an on-campus interview. The recruiter was on campus for two days. You would be informed that whether you passed the first round at the end of the first day. If yes, you can go to the second round next day.

The first round interview lasted about one hour and had two parts, behavioral interview and case interview. You do not know which one will come first. Before the first round interview, an interview buddy, usually a recent graduate from your school working at Deloitte now, would contact you and answer any questions you may have.

Interview Question – How would you explain the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) approach in general and what are the different phases?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – I applied on my college careers website. They got back to me a week later and matched me with another Business Technology Analyst who told me what to expect during the interview and how the job was like. During the first interview I met with two people. The first person was a little rude and didn't seem like he wanted to be there. He mainly asked soft skill questions - Tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult person?. The second person was a lot more friendly and gave the case interview about the SDLC.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were about SDLC   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received another job offer.

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – The whole selection procedure, right from applying on my college website to the decision took about 4 weeks.
The first round of the interview comprised of 2 sections-
30 minute behavioral interview- It was relaxed and was more like a conversation, started from tell me about yourself to which service line are you interested in.
30 minute case interview- The time was less for a case interview, in was a specific case where a new ERP system had to be developed for a company.

The results of the first round were declared the same evening and the second round was on the next day.
The final round of interview was a 45 minute case interview. It was a global implementation of ERP systems of M&A. Was very detailed and ended on a few behavioral questions and which service line.

I would suggest- Be confident, be yourself, be thorough with your resume and you are all set!

Interview Question – For deployment strategy and testing of the new ERP system , you plan to hold a meeting. Who would you call for the meeting and what would be the agenda of the meeting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – It was a 3 stage process: an aptitude test, group discussion session and a personal interview.

Interview Question – The interview was more of a personality judgement, so no technical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the University portal. After the resume dealine has ended they tell you the response in a week maximum. Once short listed, they call you for the next 1:1 interview round.
Documents for pre-select : Resume and cover letter

1st Round Interview : Business case interview (30 mins)
                                  Behavioral Interview (30 mins)

2nd Round Interview : Business case interview (45 mins)

Interview Question – In behavioral interview they turned my CV upside down and asked me to do the same. (i.e. Asked me to answer everything from OUTSIDE the Resume, even the examples of behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details – Completed phone interviews for behavioral and case questions

Interview Question – If you have a financial banking application, what major concerns would you have?   View Answer

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – on campus has two interviews: behavior and case.
second round is onsite :15min behavior and 45 min case.

Interview Question – No hard question   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on campus. It had 1 group case study, 1 case and 1 interview (Both 30 minutes each)

Interview Question – Number of chairs(the one you are sitting on) that can fill this room   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – The first interview consisted of a 30 min behavioral and a 30 min Case study. The behavioral was a basic run down of my resume and the interviewer and I discussed intern experiences as well as experiences through campus involvements.... Pretty straight forward, no unexpected questions from left field.

The next was a 30 min case study. Before the interview I went over some of the practice case studies on the Deloitte web site, which helped a great deal. During the case question I was as detailed as i could. And explained to the interview why I was choosing the decision that i was making. They seemed impressed by the amount off notes i took.

Later they called me back for a second interview, which was just a another case question. A little harder than the first, but still do-able.

From what I was told, Deloitte looks for a strong culture fit. So if you are able to attend a pre-interview reception of some sorts, make sure that you are able to display a good personality. As well be able to talk just about anything. Good attitude and communication skills seemed to be impress to the recruiters.

Interview Question – How would you format the table of contents for a meeting agenda with top execs???   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Business Technology Analyst interview questions and advice. All 227 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.