Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

193 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Applied through the careers website. The HR was very prompt in getting back to me and setting up the interview process. The Interview phase was long. Had to go through 2 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews. The results of the interview process were also known in a timely manner

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details – Campus hire - came on site to the Masters program and solicited resumes. For the interview itself, it was in 3 parts: a "behavioral fit" one-on-one interview with a senior staff in the same consulting area and then a case study scenario, where I described how I would deal with the challenge. It was basically about arriving at a client site, and they wanted to do X, and what are the things I would want to know in order to get started figuring out the solution to propose. I used the whiteboard and asked questions back. The third part (the call back) was another behavioral fit -- but this time with more probing questions about what kind of work I wanted to do, and what I did or did not like about previous jobs or projects.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was just what I would have done differently after I explained a difficult situation at a previous employer. I didn't want to sound like I had not done the right thing, but I also wanted to show I had learned from my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; it is a "take it or leave it" offer -- they want to start everyone at the same price point. On the good side, the benefits are already great (25 days vacation, annual bonuses) on top of an industry high salary. Only thing I wanted to negotiate was title -- I thought I should have started the next level up.

Flag Interview

Deloitte LLP Talent Acquisition Senior Manager responded to this review

Apr 3, 2014

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your experiences from a few years ago. I know your post will be helpful to others as they prepare for future interviews. Thanks!

Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen with HR. After that, a phone call was scheduled with a manager to review my skills and background further. Then, I was called for an on-site interview with 3 individuals. One was a case interview.

Interview Question – I haven't sat for the PMI/PMP exams yet since I need to gain more years of experience, so I was not expecting questions on PM principles. I described processes and protocols, but the interviewer told me to use more PMI terminology. Read up on this if you're interviewing!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – First was interview with Recruiter to get more details on my experience. About a month later, had a phone interview with a Senior Manager. Pretty simple, basic questions from my resume and a couple generic SDLC question. Last step was an onsite interview. I flew in the night before and flew out after the interview. It was 3 separate interviews, each 45 minutes long. It was exactly how the recruiter prepped me, one interview was 3 case studies, another was a personality interview, and the last was just fact checking various points on my resume.

Interview Question – The onsite case studies might have been difficult if the recruiter didn't send me the materials that outlined the possible case studies and the ideal responses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was given 4 weeks after my on site interview, but recruiter touched base with me every week to let me know that they were still going through approvals. They gave me exactly what I asked for, so I didn't need to negotiate.

Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process I experienced followed the traditional framework. A recruiter contacted me, went through salary negotiations, brought in and interviewed with two managers, heard back from the HR rep via email of an offer. Accepted it.

Interview Question – Don't remember the exact question but one of the hiring managers asked me to present on the Systems Development Lifecycle and provide details on each phase of the model. This was difficult because I only knew this in theory via my classes, and had no real work experience with it. After the presentation he asked follow-up questions which I had to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter was the one who handled this, he asked what my salary expectations were and after discussing with the partners brought back a number. I'd advise all applicants to be confident and ask for what you want because once it's set, the increases annually are marginal.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Good, structured, interview process

Interview Question – Really easy cases   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate much.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2010.

Interview Details – One half day of interviews. Three 30 minute/45 minute one-on-one interviews held back to back. No lunch.

Interview Question – Some technical tax questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation of offer terms.

Very Difficult Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very fast setting up interview. 1st round phone interview with manager, and was invited for on-site within three days. I interviewed with four people, two managers, one director and one partner. The first three people are really nice and make u feel very comfortable. But I have to say the interview with partner was like a nightmare. He kept throw tech questions to me and i really felt i did most of them wrong. Then he become very rude even cut my last answer and said he has to made a phone call and sounds like he wants me to leave.

I was so depressed cuz i did pretty well in the first three interviews. I have to admit deloitte people are smart and hard-working. But seriously, you dont need to treat a potential employee like that.

Anyway, dont have too much hope for the offer, but still wish some magic happens.---------> magic happens, I got the job

Interview Question – how to simulate asian option and Bermuda option   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty Quick

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school website and campus networking events, was notified and scheduled for interview a couple of weeks later by email. Typical behavioral questions about hypothetical situations and past experiences.

Interview Question – One case question about whether a hospital network should become more centralized.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Consultant interview questions and advice. All 193 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.