Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

88 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Flagstaff, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired directly from a summer externship. The externship interviews were held on my university campus.

Interview Question – How I handle conflict in a group setting   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Typical internship questions. Lots of wining and dining which is nice but not relevant to position. A lot of competition. Grades important to get into the multi level interview process. Grades not as relevant the further you get into cuts.

Interview Question – Which department I would want to work in. Difficult as no information regarding different positions provided.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Overall a very positive experience!! The people are very friendly ad so easy to talk to, I usually get very nervous and clam up, but everyone was so nice I had no problem talking to them. Did not go through typical list of questions, but was like more of a conversation with a few questions. I definitely recommend trying to get an interview with them.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you researched something and then used that to make a decision   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Deloitte LLP Talent Acquisition Senior Manager responded to this review

Apr 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed speaking with our professionals and had a positive interview experience.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2013.

Interview Details – 2 part interview, one is with an Individual partner, if they like you they call you back for part two of the interview, where you are interview by 2 different partners, and then they offer breakfast/lunch after second interview

Interview Question – Tell me how you will handle a situation where you have to work on an engagement while you still committed to another client?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward. I talked with a recruiter and was quickly contacted for an interview on campus. There were two thirty minute interviews on campus interviews with standard behavioral questions. After the on-campus interviews, I was contacted the next day for on-site interviews. This was almost an all day event. Basically, I got to the office, we talked with the recruiter, went two lunch with two of the consultants, came back from lunch, and then had two back-to-back thirty minute interviews. Again, this was behavioral. Following these interviews, it took about three weeks to hear back from a recruiter saying that I got the job.

Interview Question – I am not sure if this is difficult, but I got asked the same set of questions by two different interviewers, which was weird. I wasn't sure if this was a test or purely coincidental; I gave the same answer both times, basically, so I think it was ok. Mostly, I think they just want to see that you can tell a coherent story about your life that shows some positive characteristics. Focus on coherence above anything else; you may be the best person in the world, but if you can't make that clear to another person, you will have trouble being a consultant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The pay was better than I expected.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of attending numerous events, including company info sessions, off-campus socials, etc. After attending these, I was interviewed on campus by a recruiter, which was followed with an in-office interview with three Deloitte professionals (HR, Partner, Senior Manager). Questions were behavioral and straightforward. After two days, I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were asked by a superior to perform a task you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round interviews were conducted on campus. You have two interviews, one with a partner and one with an associate. One is supposed to be behavioral questions and one is just a conversation. Both interviewers seemed disinterested and acted as though they were supperior to me which was especially offputing. Unsuprisingly, I was not invited to a second interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. What industry do you want to go into? Tell us about a time where you had to work with a difficult group.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the Business Valuation office. I was referred by a senior manager from another city.
Had the first screening interview with HR; pretty basic behavioral questions and discussion about my expectations.
After this had 3 interviews with professionals in the group:
1. Manager
2. Sr Manager
3. Partner

All 3 interviews were very similar, basic DCF and accounting questions. Probably the hardest one was: "If we were going to visit a client right now to perform a business valuation, give me 5 questions you would like to ask the management team". This is a twist on "walk me through a DCF". Probably the partner interview focused more on company´s strategy and structure.

Interview Question – If we were going to visit a client right now to perform a business valuation, give me 5 questions you would like to ask the management team   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Step 1: I applied through my school's career center and attended as many Deloitte events as possible offered through my university to network. I also got to know the recruiter.
Step 2: I had an on campus interview.
Step 3: I traveled to the office for a two day interview (Thursday night was a networking-type event with around 30 employees and candidates, while Friday was the actual interview).

Interview Question – Basic behavioral interview questions were asked. The interviewer is given a list and chooses some to ask. It was mostly a conversation about my interests though. Be sure to have a list of questions ready!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Great people to interview with. Came down to campus for initial interview. Talked with both partners and managers during the second interview. It was a great experience overall and I don't regret accepting my offer one bit.

Interview Question – Why are manhole covers round?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Intern interview questions and advice. All 88 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.