Deloitte LLP

2,563 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consulting Manager Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – This was for an experienced hire position.
First was interview with HR recruiter
Followed by Technical Phone Interview
Then three in-person interviews:
the first in person interview was with a senior manager - technical
the second in-person interview was with another senior manager - general consulting background
the third in-person interview was with a senior manager - case study
then phone call with recruiter

Interview Question – The partner said that "you don't seem to have any consulting experience ?", when all I had was consulting experience :-) of about 15 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, i accepted the offer as is without negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Santa Fe, NM

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was rigorous. Three days of tests and finally an interview face-to-face with the architect. * out of the 30 people who arrived, were not accepted. Many of them were sponsored and would potentially have to leave the country if they did not find employment.

Interview Question – Can't remember, but study up on older technologies that have stabilized like Struts, EJBs, what a DAO is, JDBC, and the like   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in December 2012.

Interview Details – I went through 5 interviews with 2 managers, two senior managers, and a partner. There was a lot of difficulty with scheduling and I even had an interview cancelled the same morning as the interview.

Interview Question – My case was a program evaluation question: Evaluate the impact of an NGO and how they can improve their processes to make sure they are achieving their mission across the different markets they serve.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered 10% above my current salary and they were unwilling to make any adjustments to that. I pressed but nothing came of it. It was difficult because you have to present your case to the recruiter who then takes it "to her people" so I never got to negotiate directly with the person making the decisions.

Tax Transfer Pricing Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career website and had two phone interviews. A lot of the questions were about my past experiences. They wanted to know specific details about the tasks that I was responsible for and what I successfully accomplished during each of my experiences. They wanted to see a real interest in transfer pricing, especially why one would choose transfer pricing over everything else.

Interview Question – Why tax transfer pricing?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details – An external recruiter performed the initial contact and pre-screening with me via telephone. She also provided interviewing tips verbally and in writing. Once I passed the pre-screening call, I spoke with a Deloitte recruiting professional. After the second call, I the external recruiter informed me that Deloitte wanted to schedule a set of in-person interviews with four consultants and managers.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was posed to me outside of an interview. A consultant asked me if I would be willing to work 7 days a week (4 days away from home in another city, 1 day in a Deloitte office and 2 days on the weekend).   View Answer

Consulting Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with Director and Staff

Reason for Declining – Work life balance and they wanted me to dissolve all financial holdings with loss to me personally

Project Controller Intern Interview

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – Two step interview process. First step of the interview was part technical and behavior. The technical part was mostly based on Microsoft office and the behavioral part were your typical behavioral questions. The Second step was a case interview followed up with another behavior interview. Overall the process was great and all of the people I met at Deloitte were very nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – At the beginning of my behaviorally interview I was asked to describe myself and right as a finished the interviewer said "Tell me who you really are" - it threw me off completely   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, the initial offer was better than I was expecting.

Audit Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process for students is extensive. It consists of spring and summer socials, online applications, 1st round campus interviews and 2nd round office interviews. Students should keep in mind that the real leg work, if they want to land an offer, is done primarily in the spring and summer. Many of the big four firms will already have an idea of most of the people they want to pass through to their second round interviews before they even interview on campus. They will keep a few slots for students that are on the edge or that flew under the radar. However, you will significantly raise your chances of landing 1st and 2nd round interviews by reaching out to recruiters and professionals ahead of time during the summer.

Leverage your school's career services and alumni network to gain the proper contacts, set up meetings and then follow up with the professionals that you meet. Build quality relationships with a few employees at each level of the firm (especially senior and manager level) rather than just trying to meet everyone you possibly can at networking events. When you make quality connections, those people will vouch for you in the interview selection process.

Interview Question – They may ask you to describe your leadership style which can be challenging for people. Don't just say you lead by example without expanding, or else the interviewer might just take this as "I'm not really a leader." All of the questions are pretty normal behavioral questions. Hardly any curve balls or technical questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase only happens if you have multiple offers and it is pretty minimal. You have to tell the companies what the others have offered you and usually it is not related to intern wages but instead things like a rotation abroad or a crossover internship between audit, tax and advisory. If you do not have multiple offers you have no leverage and you accept, because any internship is a great opportunity.

The tricky part is that if you get an offer at the end of your internship you will not have any other offers to compare your salary to, or negotiate with. Deloitte offered at 48,500 which was competitive with the other companies, but we didn't know this at the time we had to accept. 0

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – -Initial interview was a short on-campus interview
-Second interview was in the office with 2 individuals
-Interview questions were not technical

Negotiation Details – -Unable to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Audit & Assurance Interview

Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Deloitte was very good with communication as well as their recruiting efforts at my university. Before interviews, the individuals were given many opportunities to meet with current staff and the environment of a Deloitte work group. They were very good about following up after interviews, and responded within days.

Interview Question – Is there a time where you were working on a group project with an individual you did not see eye to eye with?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP interview questions and advice. All 2,563 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.