Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and the process was fairly smooth. After a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I had an hour phone interview with a Manager in a similar position. I was quickly invited to an in person interview in Chicago. The in person interview in Chicago was with a Partner who discussed my experience, a Senior Manager who gave me a hypothetical case study, and a Manager who discussed my technical background. The whole process took about 2.5 hours. I received an offer 20 minutes later as I was walking back to the hotel.

Interview Question – The case study was pretty straight forward as long as you have the experience. The interviewer was looking for specific key words in my response and I seemed to check off most of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them stretch number and they offered slightly less.

Flag Interview

Deloitte LLP Talent Acquisition Senior Manager responded to this review

Apr 3, 2014

We're glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to post a review; your feedback will be helpful to others as they are preparing for interviews.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in June 2011.

Interview Details – long interview process with several people

Interview Question – asked techinical questions about PeopleSoft Financials   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2010.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting is very professional; experienced hire process is horrible. Interviews were fairly easy - case based but not super quantitative

Interview Question – Case interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes but dealing with HR for the experienced hire process was terrible. But this was in 2007 when I joined

New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with the experienced recruiter and a call with a Director. All were very professional.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had about 3 telephone interviews & 1 in person ( 4 people interviewed me)
Telephone
- What are cursors, triggers
- Asked me to write a small algorihtm for printing few #'s div by 3.
- Few other questions about .Net/ sql server etc..
In Person
 I met with 4 people 2 of them were technical.
- SQL Server ( this is where I think I screwed up)
What are indexes? Clustered and non clustered?
What are cursors?
What are diff bween Inner join & outer join?
Write a query between two tables to show Sum of amount based on a certain field indicator on one of the column. amt > 1 Mil $ ( I didn't have enough time to write the query and the next guy barged in. So they dinged me on this one).
.Net
- Framework?
- Execute reader vs exec non query
- execscalar?
- Clustering of IIS servers.
Few other basic .net questions.

Interview Question – SQL query wasn't that hard but just had to put some thought to it.   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Case + Behavioral - Intense

Interview Question – Do you know Matrix orgs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews - 4 - 5 at least. A screening with an internal recruiter, followed by numerous other interviews. The process was unnecessarily long.

Interview Question – No trick questions. Comfort with travel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One offer. One counter. A second offer. Accepted.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial conversation with recruiter, follow up phone interview. Final round involved 3 45min in person interviews with a focus on functional knowledge, fit, and a business case. In person interviews were held back to back in the office location I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – What is the difference between your behavior at the office when you are relaxed and you are stressed? If a big deadline is coming up or you are behind schedule what changes in how you manage your team? If I asked the people you manage right now about your management style under pressure what would they say?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offer at competing firm.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process starts off with a call with the recruiter. The recruiter will want to know what is that you are interested in doing, why are you looking to change jobs, your career interests and make a general assessment of your fit. If deemed a possible fit you will be contacted to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen is done by a senior manager if you are applying for a manager position. The phones screen lasts about 30 minutes and generally doesn't get into the depth of your skills but will cover the breadth - domains, industries, technologies, etc. If the phone screen goes well you get called in for an office interview. There are three office interviews on the same day. The interviews are taken by three different people one of them being a partner or director. One interview focuses on your technical skills if you are applying for a position in the technology practice, one will be a business case and one will focus on core consulting attributes. After the interviews the three interviewers meet to discuss your performance and determine if an offer should be extended. If an offer is to be extended the recruiter will call you in about 1-2 weeks and extend the offer.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was - Which three people that you don't know do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary negotiation went on for 2 days at the end of which we met in the middle. They often also try to negotiate title and bring you in one level below what you at currently. If you have enough experience and skills to come in at your current level and stand your ground you can come in at your current level. I have never seen anyone joining Deloitte one level higher.

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – The usual questions. Nothing too difficult since I'm the expert in my own field.

Interview Question – The usual questions. Nothing too difficult since I'm the expert in my own field.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Manager interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.