Deloitte LLP

166 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Leadership Program Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013. I applied through the school's website and got an email that they wanted to interview me. The first round of interview was in the school. An alumnus was the interviewer for this position.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything that I didn't expect. It was a typical accounting firm interview.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had about 3 telephone interviews & 1 in person ( 4 people interviewed me)
Telephone
- What are cursors, triggers
- Asked me to write a small algorihtm for printing few #'s div by 3.
- Few other questions about .Net/ sql server etc..
In Person
 I met with 4 people 2 of them were technical.
- SQL Server ( this is where I think I screwed up)
What are indexes? Clustered and non clustered?
What are cursors?
What are diff bween Inner join & outer join?
Write a query between two tables to show Sum of amount based on a certain field indicator on one of the column. amt > 1 Mil $ ( I didn't have enough time to write the query and the next guy barged in. So they dinged me on this one).
.Net
- Framework?
- Execute reader vs exec non query
- execscalar?
- Clustering of IIS servers.
Few other basic .net questions.

Interview Question – SQL query wasn't that hard but just had to put some thought to it.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in July 2013.

Interview Details – Totally 5 rounds:
1) HR
2) Telephonic interview
3) Personal interview

Interview Question – All 3 were case studies . since i had real time work experience i was able to manage them successfully.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much scope for negotiation

Consultant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2010.

Interview Details – Campus Recruiting - 2 rounds: Behavioral Interviews and Case Interviews

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a fairly simple. I interviewed with three people, 2 Managers and a Partner. Typical questions, walk me through your resume, behavioral questions etc

Negotiation Details – Not enough room to negotiate. Had to take what I was offered.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – The interview process at Deloitte for me personally was fairly easy. I was contacted by a recruiter and after the initial phone screening, I was asked to take a Proofreading, Microsoft Office & Outlook test. I believe you get two chances. After the test, I was called in for an interview with an ASG (Administrative Services Group) manager. This is where things kind of went downhill. Upon arriving to reception, I had to wait for said manager for quite a while. Once I was taken to her office, she kept answering company IM's and phone calls. I got the feeling that she probably had no idea what I was saying at any point. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was told I would be contacted. I contacted the recruiter as soon as I got home to thank her once again for setting up the interview and lo and behold - she told me I was hired. Apparently, the manager loved me (in the recruiters words). I was then sent a bunch of forms for background checks, new hire information, etc. Once I had that all squared away, I was sent an offer letter within a week and started about two weeks later. All in all, the entire process happened in one week.

Interview Question – One question that was difficult for me was "please explain a difficult time and how you dealt with it under pressure and what did you do to resolve the situation." This was difficult because I had never had a question like this on an interview. I was not sure (at the time) what the appropriate answer would be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate (shame on me), but I suggest that anyone coming in should definitely try their luck. What is the worst that could happen? I was young and didn't know any better.

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial conversation with recruiter, follow up phone interview. Final round involved 3 45min in person interviews with a focus on functional knowledge, fit, and a business case. In person interviews were held back to back in the office location I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – What is the difference between your behavior at the office when you are relaxed and you are stressed? If a big deadline is coming up or you are behind schedule what changes in how you manage your team? If I asked the people you manage right now about your management style under pressure what would they say?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offer at competing firm.

Hotelling Coordinator Interview

New York, NY

I interviewed at Deloitte LLP in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a regional recruiter to set up a phone interview and the interview in itself was very pleasant. It was very casual, just asking about my background and why I wanted to work at Deloitte. At the end, I was notified that I would be hearing back within the week of any decisions they made regarding my interview process.

Interview Question – None really. It was more of the recruiter describing what the job entailed.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview had two parts. In the first part the interviewer asked general questions related to the resume and the position, including knowledge of the industry and Deloitte. The second part was a case interview about whether a hospital should upgrade medical equipments or not, several questions were asked regarding different case analysis methods.

Interview Question – The questions were normal and should be well prepared, however I didn't know clearly what a Business Technology Analyst do and didn't know enough about Deloitte and its structure   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in December 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter kept me informed throughout the process. Initial interview with hiring manager; second round interview with four senior managers; final interview with team director.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not ideal - recruiter was replaced during negotiation phase and though I tried to negotiate a higher salary, I was unsuccessful. I was required to accept the job package I was offered or turn down the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP