Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Staff Audit Practice Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – on-site office visit: I came in the office around 9am and had a nice breakfast with a staff accountant and a senior audit manager. It was very relaxing beginning. We talked about our own personal lives. They gave a sale pitch on how Deloitte is the best among all CPA firms.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have to deal with a difficult team member? Describe a time when you have to use your listening skills to make people understand your ideas? Describe a project where you use your time management skills or prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview, followed by a three person in office interview and coffee hour, and lots of socials. Liked all the people and the interview questions were pretty general..."Tell me about a time you..." type questions, plus just some "getting to know you" type stuff. I don't think there were any technical questions, but I was a campus hire.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a CPA?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't try negotiating, was really happy to get an offer.

Staff Auditor Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in June 2012.

Interview Details – I initially was contacted by the recruiter, we communicated by email to coordinate my interview.

It took one day to get the interview scheduled but it was for two weeks out. Partially that was due to my own limited schedule.

The interview consisted of two "two on one" interviews (two interviewers, and me) each lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewers were all either managers or senior managers. They were typical interviews, all were friendly, a couple more reserved a couple more outgoing. Nothing exceptionally challenging or unusual about either interview.

After the interviews I went to lunch with a staff & senior person. Lunch lasted about 1.5 hours (including walking) and was pleasant. More of a "sales" pitch, talking about what they like about the firm, what the environment is. Nice people and I enjoyed it.

After lunch I walked back to the office and was given a tour. They have "fly-in" cubes for auditors and the office seemed really quiet. They validated my parking (which is good, it was $15 to park in the building!!)

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current position?
    What don't you like? (Or what is challenging)
      Answer Question
  • What would your current supervisor say about you?   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty easy questions relating to my background and experience in general. Also asking about current developments in accounting and audit as it relates to manufacturing industry. Behavioral questions by 3 partners and a senior manager.

Interview Question – What are the key changes or updates to the accounting and auditing practice in current times.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Portland, OR

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus career services website. I interviewed with two recruiters, one after the other in a one-on-one setting. They were very reserved compared to recruiters from other accounting firms. I got the offer to travel to Portland for a second interview about two weeks later.

In Portland I interviewed with four people, one at a time. I interviewed with staff, directors, and partners. I also went to lunch with two younger staff members.

Overall, it seemed like a fairly reserved office.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte over the other firms?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP interview questions and advice in Oregon. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.