Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

176 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through a friend who works with the firm. Was sent a link to an existing position. Standard process - total of 2 weeks before offer was made. Phone call from the recruiter for initial screening - personal interviews in NYC - 3 in a row with 10 minute gaps. Case interview, technical interview and interview by a partner/director.

Interview Question – What car do you drive?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – Overall good experience. I received the interview via on-campus recruitment. From , the beginning I was assigned an interview buddy to help with the process. The first round was a phone interview (behavioral and mini-case) and second round was in-person and on campus( 30 min full case) The cases were pretty straight forward and the interviewers gave may tips and asked leading questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Straight forward case (M&A style question)   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2010.

Interview Details – For campus MBA hires, two rounds of interviews. 1st round includes 30 min behavioral and 30 min case interview. 2nd round includes 30 min behavioral, 60 minute case, and 90 minute group case interviews. Both rounds conducted by Senior Mangers or Principals.

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2010.

Interview Details – They mainly do campus recruiting & employee referrals. You almost have to be an academic superstar or know someone who can get your resume in front of the right person. Any time I just applied on the website, I never received a call. Once I had a Director (family friend) submit it, I had a callback the next day.

Interview Question – They gave a scenario-based consulting question that you had to talk through off the cuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will call your former employers to verify your last salary, so make sure you provide the truth. They pretty much know what the position pays and there wasn't much room for negotiation. I was able to negotiate moving expenses though.

Rosslyn, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details – I received an email from a recruiter who found my resume on Monster. After a a phone conversation, I was setup for an interview for the following Thursday at their Rosslyn office. Interview was conducted by 4 different employees, with each of them talking to me for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly hard. Though one of the interviewers grilled me on my knowledge of OWASP and the Certification and Accreditation cycle, it wasn't too difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The recruiter completely low-balled me, offering a lateral move and equal salary to what I was making at my current position. She even went as far as to hint that I was job hopping for a salary jump. For my experience and qualifications, the offer was a slap in the face and the insinuation that I was job hopping was also. Especially considering that they contacted me, when I was not job hunting. The bottom line is that they want to bring people in on the cheap, when they know that their potential salary growth is unlikely. Furthermore, they really tried to sell how great their benefits package was. Benefits are great, but 25 days PTO won't help me pay my mortgage. In the end, the experience was a total disappointment and really a waste of time. In basically one day, I went from what I thought would be a promising offer and move, to an experience that left a bad taste in my mouth. It appears that the reviews I read about Deloitte were true. Don't waste your time talking to them.

On another note, the recruiter reached out to me following the interview to give me feedback on what the interviewers said. Her communication was terrible. Did not respond to calls or emails, then contacted me out of the blue a full day later. Very unprofessional.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details – Call from Recruiter,2 rounds of Technical interview view phone.
3 In-person interviews with 3 levels of managers

Interview Question – Why do you want to quit your current consulting firm to join another consulting firm   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NOne

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – First round interview in Philadelphia office.

Interview process is decently different enough from other major consulting firms (i.e. McKinsey, Bain and BCG) that I'll mostly highlight them here. When I arrived in the office they did not give me a description of the people I was meeting with that day. The first interview was one for fit. They seemed to care *a lot* more about the Why Deloitte? question than any other aspect of the interview. Other quesitons were basically normal.

The second interview is a normal case format.

Hope this helps!

Evan

Interview Question – They asked several versions of the "Why Deloitte?" question. Make sure you know what makes the firm stand in both among consulting firms and in your mind.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through a job portal and had to wait for almost 2 months for the initial call from the recruiter, thing moved pretty quick after that. Initial call was for 10 mins where my resume was discussed after which I had 30 mins technical round on phone next day where my technical experience was discussed. After that I was called to the Chicago office within a weeks’ time for 3 face to face interviews. One was based on case study where the Sr. Manager wanted me to explain him how should we prepare for a client meeting before we discuss the project plan in detail with the client. Also, he wanted me explain project implementation methodologies and importance of change management. The second interview was with the partner for the core consulting skills. He was interested in knowing my team lead/managerial experience. He was straight forward with the expectations and it was a healthy 50 mins discussion where he explained me what was expected from me as a Deloitte professional. I was too tired for the third round which was for Technical Focus, it was a telephonic call. All the three interviewers were very polite and made me very comfortable in the whole process. By the end of the whole process I was exhausted talking for more than 3 hours (each interview was for 45 mins but they all ended up close to 50-55 mins). I left the office at 12:00 PM and 12:30 PM I got a mail asking my salary expectation as they want to put an offer, I replied as per industry standards. It took them a week to get back to me, but the offer was exactly meeting my expectations. I am happy with the overall process, people and transparency and the way the whole event got concluded.

Interview Question – What would you do if a business unit head does not listen to your suggestions and goes ahead with what you know if wrong for the business and project. How would you try to convince him and what would you did if your suggestions are not expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer matched my expectations and industry standards. Negotiation was not required.

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview soon after finishing the application, and got scheduled for the in office interview afterward. There are other candidates there too. I got interviewed by 3 people, 2 managers and 1 partner. One technical, one behavioral, and one cultural. The behavioral one was pretty standards, several situational questions; the technical one was very serious, she was reading from a piece of paper the whole time, not conversational at all. The partner is pretty much there to advertise how great the company is.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in August 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Was contacted by a recruiter after responding to a post on LinkedIn.
2. Set up a phone interview which was about 30min in length asking questions about resume and salary expectations.
3. Went to the actual interview which was the standard Deloitte 3, 30 min interviews back to back to back. The interviews were conducted by a Manager, Senior manager, and partner.
4. The interview with the manager was the Case Study which pretty much the entire 30min.

Interview Question – Make sure you practice for your case study. Deloitte actually has practice questions on their website. This includes practicing out loud.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I asked others I knew that worked there as well as internet research and knew that Deloitte rarely negotiates salary. Additionally, they gave me exactly what I asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP