Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in April 2012.

Interview Details – met recruiter on campus, first round interview on campus, second in offices

Interview Question – why accounting   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in April 2011.

Interview Details – The people at the office were very nice. Very cordial environment. The interview was structured. 30 minutes interview with a partner and 30 minutes with a senior manager.

Interview Questions

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in January 2011.

Interview Details – The first round was on campus.
The second round consisted of a office visit, three one on one interview with partners and group lunch afterwards.
Questions asked included: Why auditing?

Interview Question – Why auditing?   Answer Question

Reading, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details – Application. Took a few days then invited to carry out tests. Numerical and logical reasoning tests. Again a few days later invited to carry out the e-tray tests. The first half consisted of replying to emails with a multiple choice response based on information you were given and analysis you also had to work out. Once you had passed that you were sent an email to carry out the second half of the e-tray test. This consisted of a written proposal, where you had to give business advice to your client based on the information from the first half of the e-tray test and some extra information. After this I was invited to a face to face interview at the office I had applied to.

Interview Question – How has the economic climate affected Deloitte and what can be done to combat this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – online app - online test - assessment centre - manager interview

Interview Question – case study   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – The interview usually has 2-3 rounds and consists of case studies, questions on your work ex, past academics and the reason for choosing consulting. It's recommended that you prepare beforehand for the interview. Good communication skills and confidence is a prerequisite.

Interview Question – I was asked to diagrammatically represent a mountain trek.   View Answer

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1 short writing test and interview line manager. The short writing test is basically ensuring that you can write proper english. Nothing much with that.

As for the interview with line manager, it was more of like expectation settings to let you know what the department is all about and also asking you what you are looking for in this internship. The entire setting was pretty casual and the line manager was really nice.

Interview Question – It was a rather casual interview, so nothing difficult hit me,   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – Two round intern, fit questions mainly. There was one case study question involving a generic company. Not super intense. The biggest thing is making sure that you realize who you are interviewing with and communicating your desire to work there.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte and not one of our competitors?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview in the morning, which was split into a 15 minute behavioral and than a 20-30 minute case study. Within two hours, I had a phone call asking me to come back the same afternoon and had another case study interview. Deloitte was reasonably flexible about fitting my schedule, and had employees in the waiting area to help make you feel comfortable before going into the actual interview.

Interview Question – As an engineer, at first case study interviews can be a bit off-putting because they ask about situations unfamiliar to an engineering background. However, in reality, case study interviews are perfect for engineers--they are really just evaluating the ability to think on your feet and logically, systematically approach a problem.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I went to a more technical internship.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Summer Intern interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.