Deloitte LLP

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – After two rounds of on-campus interview, I was invited to a call-back in NY office. On the first day, I attended a meet-and-greet type of reception where I met with a lot of professionals at once. On the next day, I had an hour-long interview with two partners, 30 mins each. It was just a standard interview where they want to see your personality and fit within the company. One notable thing was that I was asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – I didn't expect to receive that many behavioral questions in a row.   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – I had a pre-interview meet up with all the candidates and company representatives. It was pretty casual and just made me feel a lot better about going into the interview the next day.
The next day I had my first round at my schools carrier services office. One on one interview with someone I already talked to the day before, so I was a lot less nervous.
They called me the next day and scheduled my second round interview. The second round was at their offices. Two 30 min interview, one after the other all very casual and another casual dinner after with all the candidates.

All the questions were behavioral questions, they really want to get to know you. Every person who gets to the first round is smart because there is a GPA recruitment and they are going to train you to do everything. They really care about the quality of the people; you will be working in teams so knowing how to time manage, talk to people those are the things that they are looking for.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions like I said all behavioral!

Tell me about a time you worked in a team and you had some challenges.
Tell me about yourself.
Why tax?
Do you have any questions to ask me?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No set hours rate and time and a half for over time. Pay is really good, more than I expected.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – It was very engaging, and all the professionals that I met were extremely helpful as well as passionate about their work.

Interview Question – Would you be able to sleep if you were to give a presentation to a CEO of a firm the next day?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – Behavioral questions. The recruiter was really nice and full of experience. The interview didn't follow the book. It was more like a talk than interview. He can know whether you are the person they want to hire in five minutes. The style of behavioral interview really depends on who the recruiter is.

Interview Question – How to help others in team work.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met the recruiters at the career fair. Had an interview on campus.

Interview Question – Pretty basic behavior questions.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting website. First round interview was with a partner. He introduced himself and his career, then asked my 5 behavioral questions about my leadership, communication skills, problem-solving and creative thinking. The interview duration was about 25-30 minutes. Didn't get to 2nd round interview, probably because I was applying to New York, which I was told is very competitive.

Interview Question – Give me an example of you trying to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – The process was relaxing and not difficult at all. I applied on my campus career website and got notified for the first round interview within a week, with a interviewer most likely to be a manager or a partner. the interview was done on campus. Questions were really basic and casual, the goal was to know more about you personally. The second interview was in-house, three interviews in a row. The interviews were mostly the same, getting to know you. It was really a process of getting to know you personally, as public accounting is a people business. The quality of a person is what the firm is looking for.

Interview Question – Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question

Intern - Tax Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details – One interview on campus, a series of interviews at the Office. There was almost no behavioral questions given during the interview. The interview felt more like a chance for the senior managers and partners to get to know who I was.

A good takeaway from my experience for any internship interview is to be yourself. Tell your hiring manager what excites you, and what your career goals are. Also, be interested in the partners/managers careers: how they got where they were, why did they choose the specific service line, etc. If you come across these questions honestly, it will make you stand out from the competition.

Interview Question – Why Tax?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took about a week and a half for them to get back to me. The pay was negotiable, but was more than I was expecting to make, so I hastily accepted.

Interviewed at Deloitte LLP

Interview Details – went to on-campus job, first round 2 thirty minute on-campus interviews, second round 3 thirty minute office interviews

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you used your listening skills to communicate with a customer   Answer Question

Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of a first round 1:1 interview. About two weeks later I received a phone call for a second interview at the office site. That consisted of two 1:1 interviews. Really easy, conversational. About three behavioral questions between all three interviews.

Interview Question – Describe the best experience in your life to this point, not business related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP Tax Intern interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.