Deloitte LLP

97 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

ERS Consultant
Rosslyn, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – The interview process was straight forward

Interview Question – I dont believe there was any unexpected questions because it was based of your skills   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process I experienced followed the traditional framework. A recruiter contacted me, went through salary negotiations, brought in and interviewed with two managers, heard back from the HR rep via email of an offer. Accepted it.

Interview Question – Don't remember the exact question but one of the hiring managers asked me to present on the Systems Development Lifecycle and provide details on each phase of the model. This was difficult because I only knew this in theory via my classes, and had no real work experience with it. After the presentation he asked follow-up questions which I had to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter was the one who handled this, he asked what my salary expectations were and after discussing with the partners brought back a number. I'd advise all applicants to be confident and ask for what you want because once it's set, the increases annually are marginal.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Rosslyn, VA

I interviewed at Deloitte LLP in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process starts with series of phone screening, and there are at least 3 face to face interviews. The offer letter and salary final detail are made at the very end of the process

Interview Question – The salary questions are the most difficult ones   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate but the firm had the last world

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. We went through the normal phone screen. The recruiter did a quick walkthrough of my resume and told me about the position. It took about a week to hear back from the hiring manager. The whole process is through your recruiter. The hiring manager lets the recruiter know the go/no-go decision and the recruiter contacts you. Then your interviews are set up and the recruiter lets you know tithe decision. The recruiter will also do the negotiation for you to the partners. Let the recruiter know everything you can think of about yourself that can help get you the best initial offer from the partners.

Once the recruiter let me know I was approved by the hiring manager, I had 4 interviews in the office back to back. They put you in an interview room and the interviewers rotate between all the candidates there. Interviews: Two behavioral interviews (one with a manager and one with a senior manager). One technical interview, but it was just going through my resume and talking about my experiences. The interviewer would pick a line and say "Tell me more about what that entails". You definitely need to know your resume. One partner interview. It was really just a conversation about the culture. It was to make sure I fit in. I was only asked one question and that was "what areas within ERS are you interested in."(Make sure you have done your research into what the area does)

All the interviews were exactly 30 minutes and they stop on time. They were all like conversations. The behavioral interviewers would ask a "tell me about a time when..." question, I would give my answer and then we would discuss how that applies to the job. I was asked questions like tell me how you have handled working with a difficult team member; why Deloitte (everyone asked me this); why this position; tell me about a time you have worked with a difficult client. Because of all the discussion in between and the time limit, I was not asked that many questions from each interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would handle a situation where no senior or manager is available and the client needs an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a offer higher than my current pay and asked for a sign on bonus which I got. I think it does not hurt to ask since they have already shown their interest by giving you an offer.

Audit Intern Interview

McLean, VA

I interviewed at Deloitte LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Deloitte knows how to wine and dine future talent. They are engaging and polite people, and know how to entice someone to come into their Big4 realm.

Interview Question – Most behavioral interview questions were pretty basic, just study up and be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, as and intern you take the given hourly salary, which is amazing anyway.

Federal Practice - Junior Military Officer Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in June 2013.

Interview Details – *My interview was part of Deloitte's Junior Military Officer hiring program, which holds regular events to scope out potential employees with backgrounds as military officers. The process may differ for non-JMO candidates.*

I spoke with a Deloitte representative at a military hiring fair in Washington, DC. The rep responded well to my positive attitude and took a copy of my resume. A week later, I was called by a hiring manager from their DC office (without prior warning) and given a phone interview. Following the interview, I was invited to take part in an on-site interview taking place in two weeks at the main Deloitte office in Arlington.

To assist with the interview preparation process, I was assigned a fellow former JMO as a mentor. He gave me study materials and advice. There were also several web seminars to assist with preparation.

The interview itself was in three parts over the course of 3 hours: one interview with a mid-level manager, another with a senior executive, and one case interview. The recruiter stressed that the case interview would be the most difficult part, as it was a litmus test: no matter how well the other two interviews went, failure on the case interview meant no offer.

Six other JMOs took part in the same day of interviews. We each stayed in one room, while our interviewees rotated between us. Prior to that, we spent an hour meeting with the recruiter, other JMOs from Deloitte, and speaking to a senior partner. Deloitte's culture is very flat, which means even senior people tend to be very approachable.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview is the case study. It is impossible to get an offer without passing the case study portion. The specific question that tripped me up was actually intended to help me, but was so unexpected I wasn't sure where the interviewer was taking it: "What do we always say in consulting?"   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview
2. In person, 5 person interview
3. Offer Letter

Be careful! If you do not understand the company organizational structure, they will bring you on as a lower rank than before joining the company.
Initially had a great recruiter but once hired I was lost in the weeds

Interview Question – NA All questions were expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating possible

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details – I networked starting this past summer since I knew I wanted to get into Consulting with many Deloitte employees at their Arlington office. Deloitte recruits students from my university, so throughout the fall I met a lot of people and learned more about their work environment, culture, DU (training), people. I attended webinars online on how to ace their interviews esp. for the S&O position, and attended just about the majority of their recruiting events on campus.

I applied to S&O (campus recruitment) and BTA position (online since they don't actively recruit on campus for BTA (I majored in business but specialized in IT and mgmt)

I rec'd an email in November for 1st round phone interview, studied up for that via career counselor at school and Case in Point book, as well as using Deloitte's website as a resource. 2nd and Final round was at their Arlington office.
You will need to prepare ahead of time. I prepared during the summer without knowing that I'd get an interview. Go to your career counseling center and use your connections wisely.

The recruiters, receptionists and the interviewers were very nice and I had a wonderful experience before, during and after the interview. You will definitely need to prepare.

Interview Question – Interview questions were about data migration, archival, data management. Topics to present during the meetings on how to integrate technologies. Most of them were technical.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another offer because current goals aligned more with other company, I needed more of the technical expertise. Deloitte gives that but has a more strategic approach to client problems.

ERS Consultant
Rosslyn, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte LLP in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online to their general ERS Consultant job post. Got a call the day after to set up a 30min phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and I passed the first interview with ease. She asked me a few questions about my resume and experience. She then scheduled another 30min phone interview (personality test) and that happened the week after. Questions weren't hard, just asking me how I handle stress, what are your strengths and weaknesses. Passed the personality test and the recruiter set up my in person interview for the following week. My interviewers were 2 Senior managers and 1 Partner. After that I got a call from the recruiter the next week giving me an offer and I accepted.

Interview Question – No hard or unexpected questions. Just your usual Why are you leaving your current firm? Why Deloitte? What do expect to gain while working here? Do you work well with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offer seemed fair.

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Deloitte LLP.

Interview Details – The interview process at Deloitte is a very smooth one indeed. I first had a telephone interview to gauge my suitability. Then I was scheduled for a 3-person interview and another phone interview to talk about my technology experience and work history. Everyone was super friendly, and it was refreshing to have people explain so much about the culture of the company during the interview process. There weren't any weird canned questions like ... tell me about a time when... blah bleh.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate because the offer was fair.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte LLP

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte LLP Videos

Deloitte LLP – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP interview questions and advice in Virginia. All 97 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees and interview candidates.