Deloitte

3.3

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

* One short HR interview to determine my level of English
    * A math and english computer based excercise
    * One interview and case study with a manager
    * An assessment centre comprising of a written exercise, a computer based excercise, a group excercise and an interview with a partner

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really that I didn't expect - I got asked a lot of questions on why I chose the option I chose in the written excercise and when I said that I didn't go for the most obvious answer I got a lot of questions and a discussion around why I think that option was the most obvious.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

The whole process was quite lengthy – partly due to me needing a visa to work in the UK, which Deloitte have agreed to sponsor. A good 4 months after I’d applied through the Deloitte Careers website; I got an email requesting my availability for a telephone interview.
    Step 1: Telephone Interview
    Lasted around 45 minutes and was mainly competency based. I was also asked questions on my experience at their rival consulting firm and touched very lightly on my functional/technical knowledge.
    Step 2: Face-Face interview & Written Test
    The Face-Face interview with a manager from the stream I’d applied to lasted an hour. I was asked questions to test my functional knowledge of the stream of technology consulting I’d applied to and a little bit on my technical expertise. Main focus was competency based to test if I’d be a good match to the ‘Consulting’ workforce.
    Next was the written test. I was given a few slides and some sheets of A4 paper. The objective of this test was to see how clearly you can summarize the 15-20 slides and communicate to a senior member of the client.
    Step 3: Assessment Center
    The day started with me, being briefed about the whole process. I was then given a Case Study and was asked to prepare a presentation on the possible solutions and prioritize the risks. The presentation was a Flip Chart Presentation (be prepared – no powerpoint!!). Exactly an hour later, a senior manager comes and takes me to be interviewed. The presentation lasted for about 30 minutes, followed by around 15-20 minutes of Q&A. I was asked to explain my solutions and my rationale behind the priorities I’d set. This is a good time to ask questions about the type of projects and clients the firm has and on what type of project/client the senior manager is currently on.
    The next session (after lunch) was a personal interview with one of the Senior Partners (head of the consulting group I’d be joining). This round lasted for about 45 minutes and was mainly around my experience and focused little on my technical expertise. More emphasis was laid on my consulting experience (remember everything from your 1st Face-Face interview). One question that I was asked in many different ways, was not why I wanted to join Deloitte, but why I was leaving my current employer (a Deloitte Rival). Be sure and make every effort to not bad-mouth your current employer and be extra careful not to sing very high praises (false praises) of Deloitte. Both of these will be easily sniffed.
    The last session for the day was a 30-40 minute group discussion; you’re given a scenario and 10 possible solutions and are asked to prioritize the solutions. The aim is to get your top 3 among the groups top 5. Remember to give reasons for your rankings – shouting is no good, better be firm and speak when its your turn. If you’re not given a chance, make an effort (do not shout).

The whole process from Step 1 - Step 3 was finished in a matter of 3 weeks and I was made an offer 2 days after the Assessment Center.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Deloitte & Why are you leaving your current employer.   View Answer
    Negotiation phase was almost non-existent. The reason I'd accepted was that I was offered the pay towards the mid-range of what I said was my expected salary. The other reason was due to the stream I was offered the position in.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Applied using a headhunter. Process took 2 months. I had five interviews with 1 director, 3 senior managers and 1 partner. The whole process was in two phases and Deloitte was very friendly and "down to earth" regarding the interview.

Non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

First telephonic with HR, followed by a telephonic with a Senior Manager, Followed by the assessment day.
    At the assessment centre, I had 5 sections:
    (1) Prepare a case study presentation on a flip chart. The case study was Harvard case material type with 6-7 pages to read. The case was about improving operational efficiency.
    (2) Prepare a 2 page write up/email. You are a manger who needs to send a organisation wide email communicating a change program plan.
    (3) Interview with a partner, where first 20 mins were used on presenting and answering Qs on the case prepared earlier from (1), followed by competency based Qs
    (4) Interview with another partner, general CV based Qs, competency based etc
    (5) Group exercise: You are given a case, where you have to prioritise 5 of the given 12 item list, and then discuss with the group. The assessors will be present in the room and will judge you on how you present and defend your point of view.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

The process starts with online psychometric tests, followed by a E-Tray day exercise where I had to manage a email box and complete a business case study. Then on the final assessment I had to review a potential client and I had an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Question about my commercial awareness regarding a client   Answer Question

Risk Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Make sure you can discuss highlights from previous jobs
    Good leadership examples
    Good knowledge of your industry and the challenges it's facing
    Example of weakness
    What you want from working there
    Why Deloitte
    Good risk knowledge
    What would get in the way of you achieving your goals- try not to say other people or external influences. Never good to attribute blame to others
    Most of all just be yourself
    Build good rapport from moment you meet to just before the interview questions start
    Make light chat after interview to leave it on friendly note

No comment

Summer Internship - Monitor Deloitte Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Online application then followed by a series of tests. E-tray was very easy (just practice) and the written exercise was straight forward.
    Face-to-face interview with a case study was next with a group presentation. The group presentation was nice and the group worked well together. When it came to the interview, the interviewer seemed very unprofessional. At one point, he crouched over and put his chin on the table. The case study took 20 mins and 25 min competency. Questions were standard: tell me about teamwork, planning events, how did your work experience/academic help you with your decision to become a consultant, achievement of goal. It was very short and rushed, he constantly checked his phone whilst i'm talking.

When I asked him about the regulations and the effect it has on Deloitte, he didn't know how to answer. He couldn't answer the buddy/mentor responsibility either and didn't seem enthusiastic when I asked what project he is currently working on (health care sector). All in all, he could have done more to make the experience more enjoyable, clearly an amateur at this and lacked the professionalism Deloitte is known for. I changed my mind about Deloitte after this.

Deloitte wasn't what I expected

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Initial telephone interview, face-to-face technical interview followed by assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of group exercise, written exercise, case study presentation and 2 x senior face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Whole process was designed to examine every area of your consulting and technical experience. Everyone is different, but I found it difficult in the written exercise to adopt the correct tone. Exercise consisted of a long case study and slide pack, and some blank paper on which to write an open letter to the project stakeholders.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online, was invited for an interview after completing two written questions. First interview was easy, one interviewer, two medium case studies and 6 competency questions. A bit of personal discussion, very friendly interviewer.
    Made it to the second interview, again very friendly interviewer, a more difficult and long case study and no time for any other questions.
    Overall the level was not that high, did not get an offer though, with the feedback just pointing the fact of lack of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Case study of the second interview was demanding in terms of extend of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Applied for business analysis role in A&A -3 stages - first an informal conversation with HR. 2nd meant to be f2f with director but due to unavailability in london was conducted over phone. AC is exactly what is described on the forum. Most of my time went in chasing HR to get the dates. Process went in for 3 months due to Xmas in between

Interview Questions

Too low and below my current level.