Deloitte Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.7

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Started with a case study which continued onto interview, interview mainly focused on a project worked upon. Follow up questions were asked on areas of difficulty encountered within the project. Case study was open to interpretation and different conclusions can be argued from the data.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why tax? Describe a project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Competancy interview, email test, maths test, decision test where they give you a business scenario and you have to make a decision and justify why you have chosen that route.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have dealt with a difficult character   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

After a first stage telephone interview I was invited to an assessment day which ran from 9-3pm. This involved a writing exercise summarising some information into 1 or 2 pages. Next was the Director interview, usual type of questions, more trying to get an idea of where you would fit in the business and your experience. Followed by a hour to prepare a presentation and then deliver it in 10 mins with questions afterwards which then went into another 30 min interview and finally a team exercise where you all are given some time to rate a few different proposals into a priority and then agree this with the rest of the team. Sounds like a lot but the day flew by and is a good chance to test yourself and see how you handle each task. I didn't really do any prep beforehand as was too busy with work/life but felt I handled it all very well.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Approx. 1hr interview with a Director who was selected based on my past experience. Competency based e.g. Leadership, Technical awareness, motivational fit etc. Generally it was straightforward and fitted with the briefing from the recruitment agency. Interviewer explained possible next steps which I took to be a good sign and I was asked to attend an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• The classics - where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? In your last roles what did you do that was innovative?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Case study before an actual interview. 30 minutes reading time, 15 minutes to discuss the case study - questions asked, suggestions required. Great interviewer. Good conversation. Why Deloitte? Why Audit? Achievements? Goals? Team-working? Any difficulties with team members? Discussed current news. Also industry issues and specifically Deloitte.. Asked few questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why Audit? Achievements? Goals? Team-working? Any difficulties with team members?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online in February then they sent a link to complete the online assessment: numerical, verbal and psychological tests. Successfully passed the assessments then they sent a questionnaire basically decide which sector is suitable for you. There was only 'tax' left and I've got corporate tax in the end. After about 2 months they called me to book the first interview which involves a casual interview with some competency-based questions and a case study. The whole interview takes about one and half hours.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Chaotic, started off very well but even the first interview was odd - lasting 2 hours in an external venue, then a week later, another meeting with a partner. Following that was asked to submit an assignment which I did. The following day I had another interview with a partner, who turned up 25 minutes late and a 35 minute interview ensued. I heard nothing for over a month, and finally after coaxing the HR person, I heard back to say no decision had been made. 6 weeks since then and I've still heard nothing!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went through recruiter and invited to an assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of written exercise; group exercise; presentation and Q&A; and partner interview. Divisions are broken up into areas but the presentation asked to complete is standard. So, if the division your role fits in is department A & B, but your expertise lies within B, the presentation is likely to be on A as it is standardised. Clearly this is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Prepare presentation on an area that was NOT my area of expertise.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Data Analytics and Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter interview, Deloitte HR telephone interview, Deloitte Manager telephone interview, Deloitte Director face to face interview. The interviewer was very friendly and put me on ease. Gone through my CV and asked few CV related questions.He then asked me few technical questions related to job specs which I struggle to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the general process of audit of financial application? Have you managed a team?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Senario and case study, must show analytical skills and apply theory to provide strategic options. Gave me 30 min to evaluate case then present on issues and recommendations to the company I order to address these issues.

Pay rate