Deloitte Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.7

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Started with a case study which continued onto interview, interview mainly focused on a project worked upon. Follow up questions were asked on areas of difficulty encountered within the project. Case study was open to interpretation and different conclusions can be argued from the data.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why tax? Describe a project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Competancy interview, email test, maths test, decision test where they give you a business scenario and you have to make a decision and justify why you have chosen that route.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have dealt with a difficult character   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Approx. 1hr interview with a Director who was selected based on my past experience. Competency based e.g. Leadership, Technical awareness, motivational fit etc. Generally it was straightforward and fitted with the briefing from the recruitment agency. Interviewer explained possible next steps which I took to be a good sign and I was asked to attend an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• The classics - where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? In your last roles what did you do that was innovative?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online in February then they sent a link to complete the online assessment: numerical, verbal and psychological tests. Successfully passed the assessments then they sent a questionnaire basically decide which sector is suitable for you. There was only 'tax' left and I've got corporate tax in the end. After about 2 months they called me to book the first interview which involves a casual interview with some competency-based questions and a case study. The whole interview takes about one and half hours.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Chaotic, started off very well but even the first interview was odd - lasting 2 hours in an external venue, then a week later, another meeting with a partner. Following that was asked to submit an assignment which I did. The following day I had another interview with a partner, who turned up 25 minutes late and a 35 minute interview ensued. I heard nothing for over a month, and finally after coaxing the HR person, I heard back to say no decision had been made. 6 weeks since then and I've still heard nothing!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went through recruiter and invited to an assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of written exercise; group exercise; presentation and Q&A; and partner interview. Divisions are broken up into areas but the presentation asked to complete is standard. So, if the division your role fits in is department A & B, but your expertise lies within B, the presentation is likely to be on A as it is standardised. Clearly this is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Prepare presentation on an area that was NOT my area of expertise.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Data Analytics and Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter interview, Deloitte HR telephone interview, Deloitte Manager telephone interview, Deloitte Director face to face interview. The interviewer was very friendly and put me on ease. Gone through my CV and asked few CV related questions.He then asked me few technical questions related to job specs which I struggle to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the general process of audit of financial application? Have you managed a team?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely slow to respond with little or no feedback. The employees were all very friendly and welcoming, however the waiting time between rounds made the process very tedious. The competency interview was split out from the case study interview, which was inconvenient but the interview was fairly straightforward and informal.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Senario and case study, must show analytical skills and apply theory to provide strategic options. Gave me 30 min to evaluate case then present on issues and recommendations to the company I order to address these issues.

Pay rate

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two interview, one was a case study with unexpected extra data I had to assess on the spot. Final interview was with a partner who used a stress technique to see how I dealt with pressure