Deloitte

3.3

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Applied online and got invited to e-tray test, behavioral questions and then replying emails to see how you response doing muti tasks. I did prepare for the fit questions but they were quite a lot and due to time constraints I did not really fill in the "correct" selections.

Interview Questions
    • For the email questions, they asked you to reply to emails from different clients and managers, I thin they just wanted to see how you cope these flooded mails at the same time and how to manage a good relationship with both clients and people in the office.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

The process starts with online psychometric tests, followed by a E-Tray day exercise where I had to manage a email box and complete a business case study. Then on the final assessment I had to review a potential client and I had an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Question about my commercial awareness regarding a client   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

First telephonic with HR, followed by a telephonic with a Senior Manager, Followed by the assessment day.
    At the assessment centre, I had 5 sections:
    (1) Prepare a case study presentation on a flip chart. The case study was Harvard case material type with 6-7 pages to read. The case was about improving operational efficiency.
    (2) Prepare a 2 page write up/email. You are a manger who needs to send a organisation wide email communicating a change program plan.
    (3) Interview with a partner, where first 20 mins were used on presenting and answering Qs on the case prepared earlier from (1), followed by competency based Qs
    (4) Interview with another partner, general CV based Qs, competency based etc
    (5) Group exercise: You are given a case, where you have to prioritise 5 of the given 12 item list, and then discuss with the group. The assessors will be present in the room and will judge you on how you present and defend your point of view.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Applied using a headhunter. Process took 2 months. I had five interviews with 1 director, 3 senior managers and 1 partner. The whole process was in two phases and Deloitte was very friendly and "down to earth" regarding the interview.

Non negotiable.

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

* One short HR interview to determine my level of English
    * A math and english computer based excercise
    * One interview and case study with a manager
    * An assessment centre comprising of a written exercise, a computer based excercise, a group excercise and an interview with a partner

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really that I didn't expect - I got asked a lot of questions on why I chose the option I chose in the written excercise and when I said that I didn't go for the most obvious answer I got a lot of questions and a discussion around why I think that option was the most obvious.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Risk Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Make sure you can discuss highlights from previous jobs
    Good leadership examples
    Good knowledge of your industry and the challenges it's facing
    Example of weakness
    What you want from working there
    Why Deloitte
    Good risk knowledge
    What would get in the way of you achieving your goals- try not to say other people or external influences. Never good to attribute blame to others
    Most of all just be yourself
    Build good rapport from moment you meet to just before the interview questions start
    Make light chat after interview to leave it on friendly note

No comment

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Applied for business analysis role in A&A -3 stages - first an informal conversation with HR. 2nd meant to be f2f with director but due to unavailability in london was conducted over phone. AC is exactly what is described on the forum. Most of my time went in chasing HR to get the dates. Process went in for 3 months due to Xmas in between

Interview Questions

Too low and below my current level.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Initial telephone interview, face-to-face technical interview followed by assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of group exercise, written exercise, case study presentation and 2 x senior face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Whole process was designed to examine every area of your consulting and technical experience. Everyone is different, but I found it difficult in the written exercise to adopt the correct tone. Exercise consisted of a long case study and slide pack, and some blank paper on which to write an open letter to the project stakeholders.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

1:1 Interview with Senior Manager, Competency Based and general CV Walkthrough, then Final stage assessment centre which consisted of an Essay (1 Hour), Senior/Partner Interview (1 Hour), Case Study Presentation (1.15 Hours), Group Exercise (1 Hour). Nothing too difficult, if you know your stuff and do the relevant prep it's not that bad. Key is to having a structure to apply to the essay and case study and sticking to it as you will be pressed for time.

Salary offering was non-negotiable and not competitive with the market rate.

Summer Internship - Monitor Deloitte Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Online application then followed by a series of tests. E-tray was very easy (just practice) and the written exercise was straight forward.
    Face-to-face interview with a case study was next with a group presentation. The group presentation was nice and the group worked well together. When it came to the interview, the interviewer seemed very unprofessional. At one point, he crouched over and put his chin on the table. The case study took 20 mins and 25 min competency. Questions were standard: tell me about teamwork, planning events, how did your work experience/academic help you with your decision to become a consultant, achievement of goal. It was very short and rushed, he constantly checked his phone whilst i'm talking.

When I asked him about the regulations and the effect it has on Deloitte, he didn't know how to answer. He couldn't answer the buddy/mentor responsibility either and didn't seem enthusiastic when I asked what project he is currently working on (health care sector). All in all, he could have done more to make the experience more enjoyable, clearly an amateur at this and lacked the professionalism Deloitte is known for. I changed my mind about Deloitte after this.

Deloitte wasn't what I expected

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!