Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied using a headhunter. Process took 2 months. I had five interviews with 1 director, 3 senior managers and 1 partner. The whole process was in two phases and Deloitte was very friendly and "down to earth" regarding the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable.

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – * One short HR interview to determine my level of English
* A math and english computer based excercise
* One interview and case study with a manager
* An assessment centre comprising of a written exercise, a computer based excercise, a group excercise and an interview with a partner

Interview Question – Nothing really that I didn't expect - I got asked a lot of questions on why I chose the option I chose in the written excercise and when I said that I didn't go for the most obvious answer I got a lot of questions and a discussion around why I think that option was the most obvious.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Risk Assistant Manager Interview

Risk Assistant Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – Make sure you can discuss highlights from previous jobs
Good leadership examples
Good knowledge of your industry and the challenges it's facing
Example of weakness
What you want from working there
Why Deloitte
Good risk knowledge
What would get in the way of you achieving your goals- try not to say other people or external influences. Never good to attribute blame to others
Most of all just be yourself
Build good rapport from moment you meet to just before the interview questions start
Make light chat after interview to leave it on friendly note

Interview Question – Nothing in particular   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No comment

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for business analysis role in A&A -3 stages - first an informal conversation with HR. 2nd meant to be f2f with director but due to unavailability in london was conducted over phone. AC is exactly what is described on the forum. Most of my time went in chasing HR to get the dates. Process went in for 3 months due to Xmas in between

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low and below my current level.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial telephone interview, face-to-face technical interview followed by assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of group exercise, written exercise, case study presentation and 2 x senior face-to-face interviews.

Interview Question – Whole process was designed to examine every area of your consulting and technical experience. Everyone is different, but I found it difficult in the written exercise to adopt the correct tone. Exercise consisted of a long case study and slide pack, and some blank paper on which to write an open letter to the project stakeholders.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview with Senior Manager, Competency Based and general CV Walkthrough, then Final stage assessment centre which consisted of an Essay (1 Hour), Senior/Partner Interview (1 Hour), Case Study Presentation (1.15 Hours), Group Exercise (1 Hour). Nothing too difficult, if you know your stuff and do the relevant prep it's not that bad. Key is to having a structure to apply to the essay and case study and sticking to it as you will be pressed for time.

Reason for Declining – Salary offering was non-negotiable and not competitive with the market rate.

Summer Internship - Monitor Deloitte Interview

Summer Internship - Monitor Deloitte
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Online application then followed by a series of tests. E-tray was very easy (just practice) and the written exercise was straight forward.
Face-to-face interview with a case study was next with a group presentation. The group presentation was nice and the group worked well together. When it came to the interview, the interviewer seemed very unprofessional. At one point, he crouched over and put his chin on the table. The case study took 20 mins and 25 min competency. Questions were standard: tell me about teamwork, planning events, how did your work experience/academic help you with your decision to become a consultant, achievement of goal. It was very short and rushed, he constantly checked his phone whilst i'm talking.

When I asked him about the regulations and the effect it has on Deloitte, he didn't know how to answer. He couldn't answer the buddy/mentor responsibility either and didn't seem enthusiastic when I asked what project he is currently working on (health care sector). All in all, he could have done more to make the experience more enjoyable, clearly an amateur at this and lacked the professionalism Deloitte is known for. I changed my mind about Deloitte after this.

Interview Question – All pretty standard. I over prepared   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Deloitte wasn't what I expected

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Applied online, was invited for an interview after completing two written questions. First interview was easy, one interviewer, two medium case studies and 6 competency questions. A bit of personal discussion, very friendly interviewer.
Made it to the second interview, again very friendly interviewer, a more difficult and long case study and no time for any other questions.
Overall the level was not that high, did not get an offer though, with the feedback just pointing the fact of lack of experience.

Interview Question – Case study of the second interview was demanding in terms of extend of questions.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the Tax summer vacation scheme and found the application process appropriately testing - it tried a series of talents vital to succeeding in the industry: mathematical analysis, critical analysis and core competencies in the interview. It began with basic information, why Deloitte etc. Then I was invited to take online tests, if you pass those, you are invited to take the e-tray excercise where you assume the role of a senior associate at a fictional firm, advising a fictional client and answer live emails based on information packs given (no prior knowledge is required). If you pass that you have to write an essay for the client, advising them on a firm to merge with based on a number of factors (though this may vary on the position applying for etc.). After passing those you will be invited to a final interview which is a one-on-one interview for around 1h30 with a Tax Manager, as mentioned earlier, this is largely competency based, but they squeeze in a couple of 'why tax' and 'why Deloitte' questions at the end. I found out 3 working days after that I had got it.

Interview Question – Describes the changing role of Deloitte in the Tax industry   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The whole process took ages (more then 3 month) but last minute dropped without proper indication why..

Interview Question – Had to prepare business case.....   View Answer

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!