Deloitte Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated May 11, 2015

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round was behavioral and second was a case interview

Financial Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview went fairly standard. There was a panel of 4 interviewers. The only question asked was "Tell me about yourselves." And everything asked after was about the things I have mentioned in my answer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online through Deloitte's website. About two weeks later, a recruiter contacted me for an initial phone screen.

The phone screen was with an recruiter in the specific practice group. The interview was pretty short (about 10-15 minutes) and consisted of basic questions along the lines of why I was interested in the role and the company (and how my background fit), why I had left my last job, my previous salary, and if I was ok with relocating for the position. She also asked if I was ok with traveling and warned me that the role required some nonstandard hours.

Two days later, another recruiter from the practice group emailed me to set up a phone screen with one of the senior managers in the group to last about 45 minutes. The interviewer asked a bit about my background and interest in the role/company. After that, he asked a series of behavioral questions couched in five "focus areas" of the group. He would explain how a particular area (client satisfaction, for example) was important to the business and then asked me to answer about a time I delivered client satisfaction. Only one of the focus areas went into technical skill sets (and it was fairly basic--self-rating my Excel and Word proficiency).

The following week, the same recruiter who set up the phone screen arranged an on-site visit. Initially, no travel was included (unsure if that was an oversight on her part or not). I called to clarify (and mentioned I was non-local) and she arranged for flight and hotel accommodations. The recruiter let me book the travel myself through their travel management system. I also received an application where I had to provide previous residence and employment history.

The in-person interview consisted of six 30-minute interviews with various members of the team. I met with all levels of the team, including junior staff members and team directors. Interview styles varied from person to person, but they were all generally behavioral in nature. A couple used the same "these are our five core focus areas, tell us how your background fits into these five areas" format as the earlier phone screen. One interviewer just was like "Do you have any questions about the team or role?" A couple followed a more traditional format, asking about why I left previous jobs and what strengths I'd bring to the role. The interview with the junior team member was probably the most relaxed: he opened himself up for questions about the day-to-day aspects of the role (having been recently promoted within the last year). Another employee who escorted me out the building also asked if I had questions about the role.

I ended up not getting an offer in the end, but the process was pretty smooth. The online posting pretty accurately matched up to job (as I learned more about it). HR notified me within two days of the interview. Overall, once the interview process got rolling, HR was pretty quick about notifying me about next steps and decisions. The interviewers themselves were pretty clear about what the position entailed and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• How would you say your background would prepare you for a role that requires learning tax and accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process was relaxing and not difficult at all. I applied on my campus career website and got notified for the first round interview within a week, with a interviewer most likely to be a manager or a partner. the interview was done on campus. Questions were really basic and casual, the goal was to know more about you personally. The second interview was in-house, three interviews in a row. The interviews were mostly the same, getting to know you. It was really a process of getting to know you personally, as public accounting is a people business. The quality of a person is what the firm is looking for.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Accessed through school career site. Went to informational sessions with firms to network. Received email to set up interview a week after submitting online application. Interview took place at school career center about a mile away.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Second-round in-house interview at the office, presentation in the beginning. I had 3 interviews with 3 different people, all 30 minutes long. Some asked behavioral questions and some about my resume and experiences. Overall conversational as I asked him about his career and industries. The partner interview was purely conversational and fun.

Interview Questions

• If you were a kitchen appliance, what kitchen appliance would you be?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Process took 2 mths.
    1. Recruiter Screening
    2. Senior Manager
    3 In Person - 3 Level of 45 min eacg

The questions and technical and situation based. Gets stressful during In-Person round

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Very well planned and structured. Closed structure interview, but plenty of opportunity to digress and talk more about yourself. The interviewers seem genuinely interested in your wellbeing and in your personal characteristics. They truly interview for personality and character.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

2 telephonic
    1 personal 3 managers

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

like everyone else that has applied for this role went through an initial screening with HR, then a telephone interview with a senior associate (where we dove into a little more dept about the technical requirements of the job), and then a in house interview (behavioral questions, case study, and little about my background), but then had to have one final interview with a hiring manager that wasnt present the day I had my on site interview so 4 interviews total.

Interview Questions

• My last interview was more about the qualities I was seeking in a manager so that threw me off a bit and I believe it was ultimately what cost me an offer   Answer Question