Deloitte

Average Difficulty
60 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter call followed by on site interviews with 4 people - 45 minutes each back to back. Call back within 4 business days. The questions focused on business process and situations. No technical questions were given.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation and how you overcame that while managing a team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - they said flat out that this was the best package and nothing more could be done

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Question – I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very casual and informal, but thorough. I was surprised at how calm everyone was as Deloitte has a reputation for being exceedingly type A. Very casual and informal, but thorough. I was surprised at how calm everyone was as Deloitte has a reputation for being exceedingly type A.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte and not one of our competitors? I expected the why Deloitte, but to be asked to say why "not" to the others surprised me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other firm offered a better package.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None allowed

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – Process took 3 weeks - The behavioral round and phone round interview happened in 2 weeks and was first asked to interview at the face to face interview with the partner and the senior manager

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and the process was fairly smooth. After a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I had an hour phone interview with a Manager in a similar position. I was quickly invited to an in person interview in Chicago. The in person interview in Chicago was with a Partner who discussed my experience, a Senior Manager who gave me a hypothetical case study, and a Manager who discussed my technical background. The whole process took about 2.5 hours. I received an offer 20 minutes later as I was walking back to the hotel.

Interview Question – The case study was pretty straight forward as long as you have the experience. The interviewer was looking for specific key words in my response and I seemed to check off most of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them stretch number and they offered slightly less.

Flag Interview

Deloitte Talent Acquisition Senior Manager responded to this review

Apr 3, 2014

We're glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to post a review; your feedback will be helpful to others as they are preparing for interviews.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2011.

Interview Details – long interview process with several people

Interview Question – asked techinical questions about PeopleSoft Financials   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting is very professional; experienced hire process is horrible. Interviews were fairly easy - case based but not super quantitative

Interview Question – Case interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes but dealing with HR for the experienced hire process was terrible. But this was in 2007 when I joined

New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with the experienced recruiter and a call with a Director. All were very professional.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had about 3 telephone interviews & 1 in person ( 4 people interviewed me)
Telephone
- What are cursors, triggers
- Asked me to write a small algorihtm for printing few #'s div by 3.
- Few other questions about .Net/ sql server etc..
In Person
 I met with 4 people 2 of them were technical.
- SQL Server ( this is where I think I screwed up)
What are indexes? Clustered and non clustered?
What are cursors?
What are diff bween Inner join & outer join?
Write a query between two tables to show Sum of amount based on a certain field indicator on one of the column. amt > 1 Mil $ ( I didn't have enough time to write the query and the next guy barged in. So they dinged me on this one).
.Net
- Framework?
- Execute reader vs exec non query
- execscalar?
- Clustering of IIS servers.
Few other basic .net questions.

Interview Question – SQL query wasn't that hard but just had to put some thought to it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte Manager interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.