Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very detailed. Better to know someone on the inside. Better to speak directly with hiring manager because the recruiter don't seem to know exactly what managers are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why were you downsized from your previous position if the company you worked for retained the best?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

I had three interviewers - one of the partners for cultural fit, one for technical review, and one for consulting skills. The cultural fit and consulting skills interviews were very casual, and more of a conversation. There was no case study. The technical review was much more intense to hone in on my skills.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions from the technical review.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview

Very tough interview. There were couple of rounds of interview - one with Senior Manager, then with Director, then with Human Resource. It was a slow process and took a lot of time from end to end.

Interview Questions

• What will be the most prime reason Deloitte will hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Manager Interview

Interview

Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question

Negotiation

None allowed

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks - The behavioral round and phone round interview happened in 2 weeks and was first asked to interview at the face to face interview with the partner and the senior manager

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and the process was fairly smooth. After a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I had an hour phone interview with a Manager in a similar position. I was quickly invited to an in person interview in Chicago. The in person interview in Chicago was with a Partner who discussed my experience, a Senior Manager who gave me a hypothetical case study, and a Manager who discussed my technical background. The whole process took about 2.5 hours. I received an offer 20 minutes later as I was walking back to the hotel.

Interview Questions

• The case study was pretty straight forward as long as you have the experience. The interviewer was looking for specific key words in my response and I seemed to check off most of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them stretch number and they offered slightly less.

Deloitte Response

Apr 3, 2014Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

We're glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to post a review; your feedback will be helpful to others as they are preparing for interviews.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had about 3 telephone interviews & 1 in person ( 4 people interviewed me)
    Telephone
    - What are cursors, triggers
    - Asked me to write a small algorihtm for printing few #'s div by 3.
    - Few other questions about .Net/ sql server etc..
    In Person
     I met with 4 people 2 of them were technical.
    - SQL Server ( this is where I think I screwed up)
    What are indexes? Clustered and non clustered?
    What are cursors?
    What are diff bween Inner join & outer join?
    Write a query between two tables to show Sum of amount based on a certain field indicator on one of the column. amt > 1 Mil $ ( I didn't have enough time to write the query and the next guy barged in. So they dinged me on this one).
    .Net
    - Framework?
    - Execute reader vs exec non query
    - execscalar?
    - Clustering of IIS servers.
    Few other basic .net questions.

Interview Questions

• SQL query wasn't that hard but just had to put some thought to it.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the experienced recruiter and a call with a Director. All were very professional.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

Case + Behavioral - Intense

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate