Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Whittier, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiting manager, then a call with a peer line manager and then a call with the hiring manager. I was set to speak with the department head the following day, but I stopped the interview process after the last interview. I had applied for one job, and then was told in the second interview that it had been given to an internal employee months before (hiring manager) and that she was now trying to find a replacement. The role was the same, and yet the title and compensation were lower. It was almost a bait and switch feeling to attract talent. Not a professional process, and the condescension was inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the job that would be of value to our group?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

4 rounds, with different people from different levels - from partner to manager level peer interview. One round of case study with R&C background. One round of technical questions. One round of behavior questions, and one round of casual chat. Each round is 45 minutes. 15 minutes break between the rounds.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing as a manager in a project?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Efficient and fast. Great interviewers. Personal. Same day or near same day minimum. This is an experienced hire process - campus interviews much more involved. Excellent vetting process for candidates. If you aren't the real deal, unlikely you'll get through.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by office interview with multiple practitioners, last round was with a partner. Questions including personality check, skills verification, case study, types of projects, travel frequency

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact was by recruiter and after 20 minute conversation I was moved to the hiring manager. After that it was a succession of 7 interviews with various levels from Manager all the way to Partner.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement change? This was an open ended question so change of process, strategy or whatever - it was up to me to define and present example.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very detailed. Better to know someone on the inside. Better to speak directly with hiring manager because the recruiter don't seem to know exactly what managers are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why were you downsized from your previous position if the company you worked for retained the best?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

I had three interviewers - one of the partners for cultural fit, one for technical review, and one for consulting skills. The cultural fit and consulting skills interviews were very casual, and more of a conversation. There was no case study. The technical review was much more intense to hone in on my skills.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions from the technical review.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview

Very tough interview. There were couple of rounds of interview - one with Senior Manager, then with Director, then with Human Resource. It was a slow process and took a lot of time from end to end.

Interview Questions

• What will be the most prime reason Deloitte will hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much

Manager Interview

Interview

Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question

Negotiation

None allowed