Deloitte

Average Difficulty
63 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position.
First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc,
Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected)
Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Interview Details – Multi-stage interview. Was pretty painless. Most of the emphasis was on trying to decide what part of the organization I fit. As I recall, there were four interviews in all.

Negotiation Details – I had a salary expectation that I set forth based on my prior history. They came in slightly below what I requested. However, this was at the height of the recession and the offers locally were far below what Deloitte offered. I consider what they offered fair.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter call followed by on site interviews with 4 people - 45 minutes each back to back. Call back within 4 business days. The questions focused on business process and situations. No technical questions were given.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation and how you overcame that while managing a team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - they said flat out that this was the best package and nothing more could be done

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Standard phone screen then a Director,Partner, and Senior Manager. One case study which was easy and the rest were experience and behavioral question. Interviews were approximately 30-45 minutes a piece and based in their NYC downtown location. Case study was given by the partner. My partner was a change management partner. My director was a FSI industry hire. I was called back by the recruiter at lunch time to let me know all the feedback was positive and they would be moving forward with an offer.

Interview Question – I was asked to comment and advise on a recent merger involving a major airline.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stubborn. They are not providing signing bonuses anymore. Also, salary was low ball and not willing to move. They took the stance that if you want to work with us you will take less which in my opinion does not set you up for the long haul. I think this is why Deloitte is having such a difficult time finding quality managers and senior managers.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Well planned incremental process, starting with the most junior interviewer and working up through to Director level. Combination of information and questions struck the right balance. Very professional environment yet combined the ability to have a business casual dress code - even at the interview stage I was free to remove my tie.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - the entire process was a dailog   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None allowed

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very casual and informal, but thorough. I was surprised at how calm everyone was as Deloitte has a reputation for being exceedingly type A. Very casual and informal, but thorough. I was surprised at how calm everyone was as Deloitte has a reputation for being exceedingly type A.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte and not one of our competitors? I expected the why Deloitte, but to be asked to say why "not" to the others surprised me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other firm offered a better package.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – Process took 3 weeks - The behavioral round and phone round interview happened in 2 weeks and was first asked to interview at the face to face interview with the partner and the senior manager

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and the process was fairly smooth. After a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I had an hour phone interview with a Manager in a similar position. I was quickly invited to an in person interview in Chicago. The in person interview in Chicago was with a Partner who discussed my experience, a Senior Manager who gave me a hypothetical case study, and a Manager who discussed my technical background. The whole process took about 2.5 hours. I received an offer 20 minutes later as I was walking back to the hotel.

Interview Question – The case study was pretty straight forward as long as you have the experience. The interviewer was looking for specific key words in my response and I seemed to check off most of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them stretch number and they offered slightly less.

Deloitte Response

Apr 3, 2014Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

We're glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to post a review; your feedback will be helpful to others as they are preparing for interviews.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2011.

Interview Details – long interview process with several people

Interview Question – asked techinical questions about PeopleSoft Financials   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting is very professional; experienced hire process is horrible. Interviews were fairly easy - case based but not super quantitative

Interview Question – Case interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes but dealing with HR for the experienced hire process was terrible. But this was in 2007 when I joined

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!