Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2007.

Interview

Very long (took months) and intense. Inverviewed with 5 team members and two seniors. Unfortunately the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't sitting in the area the receptionist thought she was in.... So - i sat waiting for a half an hour, and she was waiting for me in a different area. I would recommend getting a cell phone number for the person you are going to interview with in case of logistical problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people and challenging situations? How do you handle a challenge?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be up front about your expectations. Negotiate if you can.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

First Interview call , first call would be introductory where recruiter is trying to gage your communication skill and basics of your job knowledge once they are satisfied they refer the candidate to business and business have a telephonic round and in case they like the candidate it is followed by face to face and if that is also a success then it is a telephonic round with the US leadership

Negotiation

They were good in offering what i was looking for so no negotiations

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2011.

Interview

Very professional and structured hiring process. They hold regular networking events where you can get introduced to leaders as well as project teams looking for talent in various areas. This is followed by a back to back interviewing process one on one by about 3-4 employees at various levels.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Interview

Very tough interview. There were couple of rounds of interview - one with Senior Manager, then with Director, then with Human Resource. It was a slow process and took a lot of time from end to end.

Interview Questions

• What will be the most prime reason Deloitte will hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much

Manager Interview

Interview

Efficient and fast. Great interviewers. Personal. Same day or near same day minimum. This is an experienced hire process - campus interviews much more involved. Excellent vetting process for candidates. If you aren't the real deal, unlikely you'll get through.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial conversation with recruiter, follow up phone interview. Final round involved 3 45min in person interviews with a focus on functional knowledge, fit, and a business case. In person interviews were held back to back in the office location I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between your behavior at the office when you are relaxed and you are stressed? If a big deadline is coming up or you are behind schedule what changes in how you manage your team? If I asked the people you manage right now about your management style under pressure what would they say?   Answer Question

Other offer at competing firm.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Submitted my resume online to an advertised post and received a call from the Deloitte recruiter within a few days of submission. She was very professional and set up a time for the initial screening to talk through my experience and what I was looking for. She talked about the roles and opportunities and next steps.

I was contacted a few days after the screening and invited to interview with a Senior Manager by telephone for a more technical interview related to my specific skills. After which I was contacted within a few days to be invited for the final interview day in the Chicago office. These are 3 interviews over a 3 hour period 1. Case Study 2. Skills/Experience 3. Partner Interview

Best preparation for these is to come with a clear view on what you want to achieve and why Deloitte.

I was made an offer within a few days of the final interview that was in the ball park of what I was looking for and so I did not need to negotiate.

All in all... it was a very good process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a good judgement, and also when you made a bad judgement   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

4 levels of interviews. Passed all 4. Recruiter was not at all professional. Kept scheduling telephonic calls and the appointment times were never kept. Was never updated timely. Looked like they were doing a great favor for even scheduling a call with the recruiter. Interviewers were nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Other than usual questions on why us, 3 strengths and weaknesses, a case study was given which was a bit un-expected.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and the process was fairly smooth. After a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I had an hour phone interview with a Manager in a similar position. I was quickly invited to an in person interview in Chicago. The in person interview in Chicago was with a Partner who discussed my experience, a Senior Manager who gave me a hypothetical case study, and a Manager who discussed my technical background. The whole process took about 2.5 hours. I received an offer 20 minutes later as I was walking back to the hotel.

Interview Questions

• The case study was pretty straight forward as long as you have the experience. The interviewer was looking for specific key words in my response and I seemed to check off most of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them stretch number and they offered slightly less.

Deloitte Response

Apr 3, 2014Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

We're glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to post a review; your feedback will be helpful to others as they are preparing for interviews.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2007.

Interview

Referred by an emplyee.
    Went through a series interviews with parters/ dorectr leve, mainly focused on consulting experience and industry expertise. Problem solving, logical thinking, communication, people skills, etc. tesetd throught the process too.
    The interview process consised, basically, in showcasing how my previous experience was applicable to the position I was interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• what do you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate salary, but levels and upside potential in the short and medium term