Deloitte

Updated Dec 11, 2014

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

I had three interviewers - one of the partners for cultural fit, one for technical review, and one for consulting skills. The cultural fit and consulting skills interviews were very casual, and more of a conversation. There was no case study. The technical review was much more intense to hone in on my skills.

Interview Questions
  • Very technical questions from the technical review.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Very tough interview. There were couple of rounds of interview - one with Senior Manager, then with Director, then with Human Resource. It was a slow process and took a lot of time from end to end.

Interview Questions
    • What will be the most prime reason Deloitte will hire you?   View Answer
    They don't negotiate much

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2011.

Very professional and structured hiring process. They hold regular networking events where you can get introduced to leaders as well as project teams looking for talent in various areas. This is followed by a back to back interviewing process one on one by about 3-4 employees at various levels.

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

HR are nice, interview went very smooth with HR, manager interview with a group of 10 people from other elite university, it was in cantonese with a little bit english, partner interviewed for 15 mins, get the result in a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Very simple, met many people, discussion format, and open to all kinds of questions and comments. The HR people were very helpful and patient. The interviewers were smart, talented, and had plenty of guidance. They also were very truthful and spoke about the challenges of changing jobs and the duties and responsibilities that may be hard for me as a manager.

Yes. I was able to negotiate my salary, and also get a one-time signing bonus. Be confident in your abilities and experience. And make to ask for what you want - you may actually get it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte.

Nothing special. Get to know your background and what you're looking to find in Deloitte. Technical knowledge is not what they're focused on as long as you're already in the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Three Rounds of Interviews:
    1) With the Recruiter/Talent/HR: usual generalist and behavioural questions
    2) Hiring Manager/Senior Manager/Partner: will look at the details of the experience plus some behavioural aspects (e.g. what will you do if you do not agree with a Partner)
    3) Partner (usually the head of the group): will see if you are a good fit

Interview Questions
    • How will you communicate your disagreement with the Management?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions
    not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position.
    First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc,
    Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected)
    Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   View Answer
    Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Multi-stage interview. Was pretty painless. Most of the emphasis was on trying to decide what part of the organization I fit. As I recall, there were four interviews in all.

I had a salary expectation that I set forth based on my prior history. They came in slightly below what I requested. However, this was at the height of the recession and the offers locally were far below what Deloitte offered. I consider what they offered fair.