Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

4 rounds, with different people from different levels - from partner to manager level peer interview. One round of case study with R&C background. One round of technical questions. One round of behavior questions, and one round of casual chat. Each round is 45 minutes. 15 minutes break between the rounds.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing as a manager in a project?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2014.

Interview

I went through 4 rounds of interview, 3 Directors & the final was with a Partner. The Director interviews were good, more informal than formal (2 of the Directors had done substantial work with my previous employer) but the main Partner interview was not the same. I was asked a lot of strange questions, the interviewer was 20 minutes late & did not seem interested in me from the start.

Interview Questions

• What is the strangest thing I have had to deal with with a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Whittier, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiting manager, then a call with a peer line manager and then a call with the hiring manager. I was set to speak with the department head the following day, but I stopped the interview process after the last interview. I had applied for one job, and then was told in the second interview that it had been given to an internal employee months before (hiring manager) and that she was now trying to find a replacement. The role was the same, and yet the title and compensation were lower. It was almost a bait and switch feeling to attract talent. Not a professional process, and the condescension was inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the job that would be of value to our group?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2013.

Interview

Took a long time - more than 9 months. Quite intensive: 8 rounds, full-day psychological assessment by 3rd party. Met multiple stakeholders and was at times told conflicting things by different people.

Interview Questions

• Q: What will you do on your first day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview and face to face interview for 4 times. Good interview environment and support. Nice people and friendly staff. Long interview process. Good team environment and good learning place. alot of questions

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Approx. 1hr interview with a Director who was selected based on my past experience. Competency based e.g. Leadership, Technical awareness, motivational fit etc. Generally it was straightforward and fitted with the briefing from the recruitment agency. Interviewer explained possible next steps which I took to be a good sign and I was asked to attend an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• The classics - where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? In your last roles what did you do that was innovative?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

A manager of the practice asked a handful of Behavioral questions. This interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. On same day, I also has a Case interview - which was led by a practice senior Manager. In some cased, a third interview - technical is conducted, typically by a Subject Matter Expert.

Interview Questions

• necessary skills to succeed in consulting   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary

Manager Interview

Interview

Efficient and fast. Great interviewers. Personal. Same day or near same day minimum. This is an experienced hire process - campus interviews much more involved. Excellent vetting process for candidates. If you aren't the real deal, unlikely you'll get through.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by office interview with multiple practitioners, last round was with a partner. Questions including personality check, skills verification, case study, types of projects, travel frequency

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact was by recruiter and after 20 minute conversation I was moved to the hiring manager. After that it was a succession of 7 interviews with various levels from Manager all the way to Partner.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement change? This was an open ended question so change of process, strategy or whatever - it was up to me to define and present example.   1 Answer