Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had about 3 telephone interviews & 1 in person ( 4 people interviewed me)
Telephone
- What are cursors, triggers
- Asked me to write a small algorihtm for printing few #'s div by 3.
- Few other questions about .Net/ sql server etc..
In Person
 I met with 4 people 2 of them were technical.
- SQL Server ( this is where I think I screwed up)
What are indexes? Clustered and non clustered?
What are cursors?
What are diff bween Inner join & outer join?
Write a query between two tables to show Sum of amount based on a certain field indicator on one of the column. amt > 1 Mil $ ( I didn't have enough time to write the query and the next guy barged in. So they dinged me on this one).
.Net
- Framework?
- Execute reader vs exec non query
- execscalar?
- Clustering of IIS servers.
Few other basic .net questions.

Interview Questions

• SQL query wasn't that hard but just had to put some thought to it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the experienced recruiter and a call with a Director. All were very professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

Case + Behavioral - Intense

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Multiple interviews - 4 - 5 at least. A screening with an internal recruiter, followed by numerous other interviews. The process was unnecessarily long.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions. Comfort with travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One offer. One counter. A second offer. Accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial conversation with recruiter, follow up phone interview. Final round involved 3 45min in person interviews with a focus on functional knowledge, fit, and a business case. In person interviews were held back to back in the office location I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between your behavior at the office when you are relaxed and you are stressed? If a big deadline is coming up or you are behind schedule what changes in how you manage your team? If I asked the people you manage right now about your management style under pressure what would they say?   Answer Question

Other offer at competing firm.

Interview

Interview Questions

• The usual questions. Nothing too difficult since I'm the expert in my own field.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Begins with short presentation. Then 3 private interviews. Technical, Cultural fit, General.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straightforward questions. It is good to use it as an opportunity to see if the fit is right for YOU, as well we them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pending

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

It was pretty straight. Mostly specific questions with respect to the domain you are from. Case study is something that needs to prepared well. There could be any scenarios that they have from a current project being done at Deloitte.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA).

Interview

Case Study, Communication, Skills based process. Highly motivated assertive people required.
    Communication is a very key aspect of the process

Interview Questions

• Its case studies based, please pre business cases even for tech jobs   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Focus is more on allround consulting skills than the specialty alone