Deloitte

Average Difficulty
62 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with the experienced recruiter and a call with a Director. All were very professional.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had about 3 telephone interviews & 1 in person ( 4 people interviewed me)
Telephone
- What are cursors, triggers
- Asked me to write a small algorihtm for printing few #'s div by 3.
- Few other questions about .Net/ sql server etc..
In Person
 I met with 4 people 2 of them were technical.
- SQL Server ( this is where I think I screwed up)
What are indexes? Clustered and non clustered?
What are cursors?
What are diff bween Inner join & outer join?
Write a query between two tables to show Sum of amount based on a certain field indicator on one of the column. amt > 1 Mil $ ( I didn't have enough time to write the query and the next guy barged in. So they dinged me on this one).
.Net
- Framework?
- Execute reader vs exec non query
- execscalar?
- Clustering of IIS servers.
Few other basic .net questions.

Interview Question – SQL query wasn't that hard but just had to put some thought to it.   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Case + Behavioral - Intense

Interview Question – Do you know Matrix orgs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews - 4 - 5 at least. A screening with an internal recruiter, followed by numerous other interviews. The process was unnecessarily long.

Interview Question – No trick questions. Comfort with travel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One offer. One counter. A second offer. Accepted.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial conversation with recruiter, follow up phone interview. Final round involved 3 45min in person interviews with a focus on functional knowledge, fit, and a business case. In person interviews were held back to back in the office location I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – What is the difference between your behavior at the office when you are relaxed and you are stressed? If a big deadline is coming up or you are behind schedule what changes in how you manage your team? If I asked the people you manage right now about your management style under pressure what would they say?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offer at competing firm.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process starts off with a call with the recruiter. The recruiter will want to know what is that you are interested in doing, why are you looking to change jobs, your career interests and make a general assessment of your fit. If deemed a possible fit you will be contacted to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen is done by a senior manager if you are applying for a manager position. The phones screen lasts about 30 minutes and generally doesn't get into the depth of your skills but will cover the breadth - domains, industries, technologies, etc. If the phone screen goes well you get called in for an office interview. There are three office interviews on the same day. The interviews are taken by three different people one of them being a partner or director. One interview focuses on your technical skills if you are applying for a position in the technology practice, one will be a business case and one will focus on core consulting attributes. After the interviews the three interviewers meet to discuss your performance and determine if an offer should be extended. If an offer is to be extended the recruiter will call you in about 1-2 weeks and extend the offer.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was - Which three people that you don't know do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary negotiation went on for 2 days at the end of which we met in the middle. They often also try to negotiate title and bring you in one level below what you at currently. If you have enough experience and skills to come in at your current level and stand your ground you can come in at your current level. I have never seen anyone joining Deloitte one level higher.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – The usual questions. Nothing too difficult since I'm the expert in my own field.

Interview Question – The usual questions. Nothing too difficult since I'm the expert in my own field.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2009.

Interview Details – Standard Interview process

Interview Question – what do you bring to the table that is not here right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very professional.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred into Deloitte by a current employee; I received an initial phone screen; then I had an phone interview with a PPD; i was scheduled for a panel interview and received an offer the following week.

Interview Question – All questions were very straightforward   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Begins with short presentation. Then 3 private interviews. Technical, Cultural fit, General.

Interview Question – Fairly straightforward questions. It is good to use it as an opportunity to see if the fit is right for YOU, as well we them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pending