Deloitte

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Initial conversation with recruiter, follow up phone interview. Final round involved 3 45min in person interviews with a focus on functional knowledge, fit, and a business case. In person interviews were held back to back in the office location I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between your behavior at the office when you are relaxed and you are stressed? If a big deadline is coming up or you are behind schedule what changes in how you manage your team? If I asked the people you manage right now about your management style under pressure what would they say?   Answer Question

Other offer at competing firm.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions. Nothing too difficult since I'm the expert in my own field.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Begins with short presentation. Then 3 private interviews. Technical, Cultural fit, General.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straightforward questions. It is good to use it as an opportunity to see if the fit is right for YOU, as well we them.   Answer Question
    Pending

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2013.

It was pretty straight. Mostly specific questions with respect to the domain you are from. Case study is something that needs to prepared well. There could be any scenarios that they have from a current project being done at Deloitte.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Case Study, Communication, Skills based process. Highly motivated assertive people required.
    Communication is a very key aspect of the process

Interview Questions
    • Its case studies based, please pre business cases even for tech jobs   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Focus is more on allround consulting skills than the specialty alone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

1 phone screen with HR, 1 technical phone screen and then f2f with 4 sr. managers; one case presentation

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an unhappy client you've had and how you handled it-   Answer Question
    They offered me a package and I accepted after 24 hrs of thought - no negotions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Hiring process starts off with a call with the recruiter. The recruiter will want to know what is that you are interested in doing, why are you looking to change jobs, your career interests and make a general assessment of your fit. If deemed a possible fit you will be contacted to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen is done by a senior manager if you are applying for a manager position. The phones screen lasts about 30 minutes and generally doesn't get into the depth of your skills but will cover the breadth - domains, industries, technologies, etc. If the phone screen goes well you get called in for an office interview. There are three office interviews on the same day. The interviews are taken by three different people one of them being a partner or director. One interview focuses on your technical skills if you are applying for a position in the technology practice, one will be a business case and one will focus on core consulting attributes. After the interviews the three interviewers meet to discuss your performance and determine if an offer should be extended. If an offer is to be extended the recruiter will call you in about 1-2 weeks and extend the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was - Which three people that you don't know do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question
    The salary negotiation went on for 2 days at the end of which we met in the middle. They often also try to negotiate title and bring you in one level below what you at currently. If you have enough experience and skills to come in at your current level and stand your ground you can come in at your current level. I have never seen anyone joining Deloitte one level higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

As usual consulting interviews. Not very structured so its a free flow

Interview Questions
    Negotiate if you are not desperate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

I originally applied for a position online with Deloitte. I received prompt telephone follow ups and was scheduled for an onsite interview.
    I took a technical interview on the phone first followed by three interviews onsite.
    I attended the interview and was presented with an offer in the days after.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some very technical questions during the phone interview, specifically on databases including cursors, loops etc.   Answer Question

I took an offer at a different company