Deloitte

Average Difficulty
60 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Focus is more on allround consulting skills than the specialty alone

Interview Question – How did you handle conflicts/hostility in a project?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – 1 phone screen with HR, 1 technical phone screen and then f2f with 4 sr. managers; one case presentation

Interview Question – Tell me about an unhappy client you've had and how you handled it-   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a package and I accepted after 24 hrs of thought - no negotions.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

Interview Details – I originally applied for a position online with Deloitte. I received prompt telephone follow ups and was scheduled for an onsite interview.
I took a technical interview on the phone first followed by three interviews onsite.
I attended the interview and was presented with an offer in the days after.

Interview Question – I was asked some very technical questions during the phone interview, specifically on databases including cursors, loops etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I took an offer at a different company

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details – Approx. 5 rounds:
1. Initial Screening (Recruiter/HR - Telephonic)
2. Peer Level Interview (Telephonic)
A one day in-person event consisting of 3 more interviews.
3. A case study - the case depends on your profile, years of exp, techinical/functional etc.,
4. A personal interview with a person, a level higher than you are interviewing for.
5. An interview with a partner/director - a free-ranging interview to assess cultural fit

Interview Question – Mostly inline with expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very upfront from the beginning on my expectations and did not the initial offer was very close to what I wanted. I got them to up the offer a bit but not by much.

Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – As usual consulting interviews. Not very structured so its a free flow

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate if you are not desperate

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was quite straightforward. Even though it was for technology consulting, the questions were quite generic and not too technology oriented. Focus is mostly on presentation skills and how situations were handled in prior projects and assignments.

Interview Question – Will you travel to Alaska every week if your project requires you to?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone and in person. Process was smooth. Interviews were straight forward no curve balls.

Interview Question – Tell me about your past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward. They have a range to work with.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter

Had a phone interview. Recruiter checked the technical and industry experience

After 2 days, got a call from Sr manager. Checked my consulting experience and fit for deloitte. Interview went for 90 Minutes

Got another call from recruiter withing 1 week to have face to face interview. Had interview with 2 Sr manager and 1 director. Had to give 30 minutes presentation. All went well.

very friendly recruiter and Deloitte staff. Got a email in 1 week stating that everybody was very pleased and Deloitte is working on offer.

Got a resonable offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Why you are a good fit for Deloitte   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not Negotiated

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview Details – Employer: Deloitte US LLC:

Having worked for Capgemini US LLC for almost 5 years, it was a good time to evaluate the Consulting Market and understand better where I stand in the industry and look for a better opportunity.

It started with positing my resume online on Deloitte Careers.

I received a call from the Hiring Manager within a week. I must say the gentleman was one of the best hiring managers I have interacted with, till date. He was very precise, extremely encouraging and portrayed Deloitte in a great way. It got me very interetested to comtinue with my application.

I had my Round1 of Technical Interview. Once again, the interviewer was very structured/methodical, on time and it was a breeze fr me into Round2.

Round2 was onsite in Austin at the Deloitte Headquarters. I was interviewed by 2 Senior Managers and a Principal. Everyone was very polished, knowlegeable, made me very comfortable during the interviews and hinted at the interview going really well. It was a long, well spent day in the company of some great people.

When I walked out, I knew I would get the offer. I learnt it the same evening that I did.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Deloitte?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I have been working in the role of a Manager at Capgemini for almost over a year and I was not ready to join Deloitte as a Senior Associate. I would however recommend Deloitte as a great company to work for if you get the opportunity.

At this point of time, I value my current employer Capgemini very highly and decided to stay back till another golden opportunity comes my way.

Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews on the phone with HR, 2 interviews with managers on phone, 1 face to face with hiring manager. HR was a little slow, difficult to get a hold of, but the remaining people were amazing. Made me feel very comfortable. They knew exactly what problems they needed to solve, and what they needed.

Interview Question – provide examples of how you've done X   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer, and pushed back for more, we ended up settling in the middle plus a sign on bonus.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte