Deloitte

3.1

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Employer: Deloitte US LLC:

Having worked for Capgemini US LLC for almost 5 years, it was a good time to evaluate the Consulting Market and understand better where I stand in the industry and look for a better opportunity.

It started with positing my resume online on Deloitte Careers.

I received a call from the Hiring Manager within a week. I must say the gentleman was one of the best hiring managers I have interacted with, till date. He was very precise, extremely encouraging and portrayed Deloitte in a great way. It got me very interetested to comtinue with my application.

I had my Round1 of Technical Interview. Once again, the interviewer was very structured/methodical, on time and it was a breeze fr me into Round2.

Round2 was onsite in Austin at the Deloitte Headquarters. I was interviewed by 2 Senior Managers and a Principal. Everyone was very polished, knowlegeable, made me very comfortable during the interviews and hinted at the interview going really well. It was a long, well spent day in the company of some great people.

When I walked out, I knew I would get the offer. I learnt it the same evening that I did.

Interview Questions

I have been working in the role of a Manager at Capgemini for almost over a year and I was not ready to join Deloitte as a Senior Associate. I would however recommend Deloitte as a great company to work for if you get the opportunity.

At this point of time, I value my current employer Capgemini very highly and decided to stay back till another golden opportunity comes my way.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

2 interviews on the phone with HR, 2 interviews with managers on phone, 1 face to face with hiring manager. HR was a little slow, difficult to get a hold of, but the remaining people were amazing. Made me feel very comfortable. They knew exactly what problems they needed to solve, and what they needed.

Interview Questions
    I was given an offer, and pushed back for more, we ended up settling in the middle plus a sign on bonus.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

I got an interview via a referral; had a couple of phone interviews, which went great: i felt my skills are a great match. then i was invited for a face-to-face interviews: 2 personal fit interview, 1 case interview. I thought they went well, but I was rejected, not sure why. no explanations were given.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • we understand that the manager level is slightly below your qualifications. why do you still want to work for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Pre-Submission:
    * I was an employee referral, so I did not have to initially register in their on-line system to apply for the job. However, I did have to eventually register and fill out informational forms.
    * My understanding is that non-employee referrals would need to do this to apply to the job.

Initial Communication & Phone Screens:
    * I first received an automatic, computer-generated e-mail confirming submission for the position.
    * Next was an e-mail from an HR representative and a phone call to gauge initial qualifications and interest and to set up a second phone screen.
    * The second phone screen consisted of more detailed questions about my previous work experience and skills.

In-Person Interview:
    * After the second phone screen, I was contacted again by HR and scheduled an in-person interview date/time.
    * In-Person interview was scheduled with three people of varying levels within the organization.
    * I was provided with a fairly good interview packet with information about the company and, after offered a drink, I was placed in a small teaming room to await the first interviewer.
    * The interviews themselves were pretty typical. More questions about work experience, detailed questions about specific situations where dealing with a difficult individual was called for or where I snatched success from the jaws of defeat. Some behavioral questions as well.

Post-Interview:
    * After the interviews, I was again contacted by HR and discussions about the positions available and their responsibilities ensued.
    * After negotiations, they submitted an offer for employment and corresponding salary.

Overall Impressions:
    The interview process was very well structured and pretty typical as far as number and format of interviews. Everyone involved was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you are a project manager working at the client site and one of your team members has an odor problem - so much so that the client has made multiple comments?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

I had a strong meeting with one of the Managers. The head of the department interviewed me on the phone and had three questions she wanted to ask and then had to rush off.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2007.

Pretty straight forward..interviewed with 3 levels..manager, sm, and partner. sm gave me a case study. partner makes the hiring, banding and salary decision. overall well run process. was called within half an hour of interview to say i have an offer.

compensation

Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2007.

Very long (took months) and intense. Inverviewed with 5 team members and two seniors. Unfortunately the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't sitting in the area the receptionist thought she was in.... So - i sat waiting for a half an hour, and she was waiting for me in a different area. I would recommend getting a cell phone number for the person you are going to interview with in case of logistical problems.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult people and challenging situations? How do you handle a challenge?   View Answer
    Be up front about your expectations. Negotiate if you can.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Three Rounds of Interviews:
    1) With the Recruiter/Talent/HR: usual generalist and behavioural questions
    2) Hiring Manager/Senior Manager/Partner: will look at the details of the experience plus some behavioural aspects (e.g. what will you do if you do not agree with a Partner)
    3) Partner (usually the head of the group): will see if you are a good fit

Interview Questions
    • How will you communicate your disagreement with the Management?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions
    not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

First Interview call , first call would be introductory where recruiter is trying to gage your communication skill and basics of your job knowledge once they are satisfied they refer the candidate to business and business have a telephonic round and in case they like the candidate it is followed by face to face and if that is also a success then it is a telephonic round with the US leadership

They were good in offering what i was looking for so no negotiations