Deloitte

Updated Jan 11, 2015

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Employer: Deloitte US LLC:

Having worked for Capgemini US LLC for almost 5 years, it was a good time to evaluate the Consulting Market and understand better where I stand in the industry and look for a better opportunity.

It started with positing my resume online on Deloitte Careers.

I received a call from the Hiring Manager within a week. I must say the gentleman was one of the best hiring managers I have interacted with, till date. He was very precise, extremely encouraging and portrayed Deloitte in a great way. It got me very interetested to comtinue with my application.

I had my Round1 of Technical Interview. Once again, the interviewer was very structured/methodical, on time and it was a breeze fr me into Round2.

Round2 was onsite in Austin at the Deloitte Headquarters. I was interviewed by 2 Senior Managers and a Principal. Everyone was very polished, knowlegeable, made me very comfortable during the interviews and hinted at the interview going really well. It was a long, well spent day in the company of some great people.

When I walked out, I knew I would get the offer. I learnt it the same evening that I did.

Interview Questions

I have been working in the role of a Manager at Capgemini for almost over a year and I was not ready to join Deloitte as a Senior Associate. I would however recommend Deloitte as a great company to work for if you get the opportunity.

At this point of time, I value my current employer Capgemini very highly and decided to stay back till another golden opportunity comes my way.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Approx. 5 rounds:
    1. Initial Screening (Recruiter/HR - Telephonic)
    2. Peer Level Interview (Telephonic)
    A one day in-person event consisting of 3 more interviews.
    3. A case study - the case depends on your profile, years of exp, techinical/functional etc.,
    4. A personal interview with a person, a level higher than you are interviewing for.
    5. An interview with a partner/director - a free-ranging interview to assess cultural fit

Interview Questions
    I was very upfront from the beginning on my expectations and did not the initial offer was very close to what I wanted. I got them to up the offer a bit but not by much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

I got an interview via a referral; had a couple of phone interviews, which went great: i felt my skills are a great match. then i was invited for a face-to-face interviews: 2 personal fit interview, 1 case interview. I thought they went well, but I was rejected, not sure why. no explanations were given.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • we understand that the manager level is slightly below your qualifications. why do you still want to work for us?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

HR are nice, interview went very smooth with HR, manager interview with a group of 10 people from other elite university, it was in cantonese with a little bit english, partner interviewed for 15 mins, get the result in a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position.
    First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc,
    Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected)
    Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   View Answer
    Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Multi-stage interview. Was pretty painless. Most of the emphasis was on trying to decide what part of the organization I fit. As I recall, there were four interviews in all.

I had a salary expectation that I set forth based on my prior history. They came in slightly below what I requested. However, this was at the height of the recession and the offers locally were far below what Deloitte offered. I consider what they offered fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

I had a strong meeting with one of the Managers. The head of the department interviewed me on the phone and had three questions she wanted to ask and then had to rush off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

On campus recruiting is very professional; experienced hire process is horrible. Interviews were fairly easy - case based but not super quantitative

Interview Questions
    Yes but dealing with HR for the experienced hire process was terrible. But this was in 2007 when I joined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Pre-Submission:
    * I was an employee referral, so I did not have to initially register in their on-line system to apply for the job. However, I did have to eventually register and fill out informational forms.
    * My understanding is that non-employee referrals would need to do this to apply to the job.

Initial Communication & Phone Screens:
    * I first received an automatic, computer-generated e-mail confirming submission for the position.
    * Next was an e-mail from an HR representative and a phone call to gauge initial qualifications and interest and to set up a second phone screen.
    * The second phone screen consisted of more detailed questions about my previous work experience and skills.

In-Person Interview:
    * After the second phone screen, I was contacted again by HR and scheduled an in-person interview date/time.
    * In-Person interview was scheduled with three people of varying levels within the organization.
    * I was provided with a fairly good interview packet with information about the company and, after offered a drink, I was placed in a small teaming room to await the first interviewer.
    * The interviews themselves were pretty typical. More questions about work experience, detailed questions about specific situations where dealing with a difficult individual was called for or where I snatched success from the jaws of defeat. Some behavioral questions as well.

Post-Interview:
    * After the interviews, I was again contacted by HR and discussions about the positions available and their responsibilities ensued.
    * After negotiations, they submitted an offer for employment and corresponding salary.

Overall Impressions:
    The interview process was very well structured and pretty typical as far as number and format of interviews. Everyone involved was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you are a project manager working at the client site and one of your team members has an odor problem - so much so that the client has made multiple comments?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2009.

Standard Interview process

Interview Questions
    • what do you bring to the table that is not here right now?   Answer Question
    very professional.