Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte (Detroit, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

On campus recruiting is very professional; experienced hire process is horrible. Interviews were fairly easy - case based but not super quantitative

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes but dealing with HR for the experienced hire process was terrible. But this was in 2007 when I joined

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Pre-Submission:
    * I was an employee referral, so I did not have to initially register in their on-line system to apply for the job. However, I did have to eventually register and fill out informational forms.
    * My understanding is that non-employee referrals would need to do this to apply to the job.

Initial Communication & Phone Screens:
    * I first received an automatic, computer-generated e-mail confirming submission for the position.
    * Next was an e-mail from an HR representative and a phone call to gauge initial qualifications and interest and to set up a second phone screen.
    * The second phone screen consisted of more detailed questions about my previous work experience and skills.

In-Person Interview:
    * After the second phone screen, I was contacted again by HR and scheduled an in-person interview date/time.
    * In-Person interview was scheduled with three people of varying levels within the organization.
    * I was provided with a fairly good interview packet with information about the company and, after offered a drink, I was placed in a small teaming room to await the first interviewer.
    * The interviews themselves were pretty typical. More questions about work experience, detailed questions about specific situations where dealing with a difficult individual was called for or where I snatched success from the jaws of defeat. Some behavioral questions as well.

Post-Interview:
    * After the interviews, I was again contacted by HR and discussions about the positions available and their responsibilities ensued.
    * After negotiations, they submitted an offer for employment and corresponding salary.

Overall Impressions:
    The interview process was very well structured and pretty typical as far as number and format of interviews. Everyone involved was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are a project manager working at the client site and one of your team members has an odor problem - so much so that the client has made multiple comments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Standard Interview process

Interview Questions

• what do you bring to the table that is not here right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

very professional.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2007.

Interview

Pretty straight forward..interviewed with 3 levels..manager, sm, and partner. sm gave me a case study. partner makes the hiring, banding and salary decision. overall well run process. was called within half an hour of interview to say i have an offer.

compensation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2007.

Interview

Very long (took months) and intense. Inverviewed with 5 team members and two seniors. Unfortunately the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't sitting in the area the receptionist thought she was in.... So - i sat waiting for a half an hour, and she was waiting for me in a different area. I would recommend getting a cell phone number for the person you are going to interview with in case of logistical problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people and challenging situations? How do you handle a challenge?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be up front about your expectations. Negotiate if you can.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Deloitte (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)).

Interview

Nothing special. Get to know your background and what you're looking to find in Deloitte. Technical knowledge is not what they're focused on as long as you're already in the industry.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

- phone interview with HR (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - phone interview with hiring manager (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with hiring manager for fit (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face interview with colleagues (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)
    - face-face meeting with dept lead (job overview, background check on experience, education, questions)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not a lot of room to negotiate - was at the top of the pay scale

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Very simple, met many people, discussion format, and open to all kinds of questions and comments. The HR people were very helpful and patient. The interviewers were smart, talented, and had plenty of guidance. They also were very truthful and spoke about the challenges of changing jobs and the duties and responsibilities that may be hard for me as a manager.

Negotiation

Yes. I was able to negotiate my salary, and also get a one-time signing bonus. Be confident in your abilities and experience. And make to ask for what you want - you may actually get it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

Process spanned over 3 months. 2 calls from US and 2 face to face interviews locally in Hyderabad. 2 more meetings happened with people who were never part of the process I was being interviewed for and had no reason to interview me - they turned out to be "interested parties" later!

Interview Questions

• Handling change management and a business that is in the middle of transformation   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was and I didn't do a good job of it. It helps to know someone in the company you're about to join or know the salary ranges in advance - else, you'll be offered peanuts and will be disappointed after joining only to find that others draw better salaries than you.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

5 interviews in total: recruiter, two managers (together), two sr. managers (separately) and director.

Interview Questions

• How have you built relationships with c-level stakeholders?   Answer Question