Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview

HR are nice, interview went very smooth with HR, manager interview with a group of 10 people from other elite university, it was in cantonese with a little bit english, partner interviewed for 15 mins, get the result in a week

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Richmond, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

The process was pretty quick, probably driven by the need for urgency in filling up the position. First (phone) interview was with the recruiter, about 20 minutes regarding background, reason why I was looking, etc, Second (phone) interview was with the director, very high level without going into technical details (normally expected) Third (in-person) interview was with 2 people (Sr. Manager and Director) also very high-level and more perfunctory.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer if you are so happy with them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be very specific about salary. I had quoted a total salary which was mistaken for a base salary and almost cost me the offer AFTER I relocated over 1000 miles for this position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Multi-stage interview. Was pretty painless. Most of the emphasis was on trying to decide what part of the organization I fit. As I recall, there were four interviews in all.

Negotiation

I had a salary expectation that I set forth based on my prior history. They came in slightly below what I requested. However, this was at the height of the recession and the offers locally were far below what Deloitte offered. I consider what they offered fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I had a strong meeting with one of the Managers. The head of the department interviewed me on the phone and had three questions she wanted to ask and then had to rush off.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your position?   1 Answer
    • How are your sales skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Detroit, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

On campus recruiting is very professional; experienced hire process is horrible. Interviews were fairly easy - case based but not super quantitative

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes but dealing with HR for the experienced hire process was terrible. But this was in 2007 when I joined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Pre-Submission: * I was an employee referral, so I did not have to initially register in their on-line system to apply for the job. However, I did have to eventually register and fill out informational forms. * My understanding is that non-employee referrals would need to do this to apply to the job. Initial Communication & Phone Screens: * I first received an automatic, computer-generated e-mail confirming submission for the position. * Next was an e-mail from an HR representative and a phone call to gauge initial qualifications and interest and to set up a second phone screen. * The second phone screen consisted of more detailed questions about my previous work experience and skills. In-Person Interview: * After the second phone screen, I was contacted again by HR and scheduled an in-person interview date/time. * In-Person interview was scheduled with three people of varying levels within the organization. * I was provided with a fairly good interview packet with information about the company and, after offered a drink, I was placed in a small teaming room to await the first interviewer. * The interviews themselves were pretty typical. More questions about work experience, detailed questions about specific situations where dealing with a difficult individual was called for or where I snatched success from the jaws of defeat. Some behavioral questions as well. Post-Interview: * After the interviews, I was again contacted by HR and discussions about the positions available and their responsibilities ensued. * After negotiations, they submitted an offer for employment and corresponding salary. Overall Impressions: The interview process was very well structured and pretty typical as far as number and format of interviews. Everyone involved was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are a project manager working at the client site and one of your team members has an odor problem - so much so that the client has made multiple comments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Standard Interview process

Interview Questions

• what do you bring to the table that is not here right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

very professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2007.

Interview

Pretty straight forward..interviewed with 3 levels..manager, sm, and partner. sm gave me a case study. partner makes the hiring, banding and salary decision. overall well run process. was called within half an hour of interview to say i have an offer.

compensation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2007.

Interview

Very long (took months) and intense. Inverviewed with 5 team members and two seniors. Unfortunately the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't sitting in the area the receptionist thought she was in.... So - i sat waiting for a half an hour, and she was waiting for me in a different area. I would recommend getting a cell phone number for the person you are going to interview with in case of logistical problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people and challenging situations? How do you handle a challenge?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be up front about your expectations. Negotiate if you can.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Approx. 1hr interview with a Director who was selected based on my past experience. Competency based e.g. Leadership, Technical awareness, motivational fit etc. Generally it was straightforward and fitted with the briefing from the recruitment agency. Interviewer explained possible next steps which I took to be a good sign and I was asked to attend an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• The classics - where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? In your last roles what did you do that was innovative?   Answer Question