Deloitte Interview Questions in Melbourne

Deloitte Access Economics Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

1. Online application: a few general and behavioural questions, plus cover letter and resume.
    2. Psychiometric test: 10 logical questions, make the right choice based on a short paragraph of article.
    3. Telephone interview: By a graduate recruiting team member, asking some general questions again.
    4. Assessment Centre.

I got to the phone interview process a week after completing the psychometric assessment, which was completely unexpected. I did not perform well in that interview, and received a rejection email next morning. One of my friends got his invitation to the assessment centre at the end of his phone interview, which made me jealous.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why have you applied to Deloitte Access Economics?
      2. Please tell us a bit more about you Honours year thesis.

View Answer

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

The HR manager was very friendly and responsive. The first round of interview was with HR which was followed by a partner interview. Both focussed on past experiences and did not involve technical questions. There were also some personality questions. Overall, it was a good experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

It is a good process

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Step 1: Online application, Step 2: a 5-minute phone interview, Step 3: invitation to a 5-hour Assessment Centre, Step 4: invited to Case-Study&Partner Interview. Step 5: final offer or rejection.
    Although I was rejected in the end, it was the best recruitment process I've had. The company provided enough information regarding their expectation. They used their own HR Department as well as employee/management to assist recruitment instead of using external HR agency, which made their hiring principle well align with the company's operation. The people were ultra nice and professional, and the company culture looks youthful, creative and caring.

Interview Questions
    • The final case study gave a scenario of an organisation with efficiency problem, required candidate making timely decision on both business strategy and specific process.   View Answer

SAP Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied via company portal, took the HR about 2-3 weeks to call me to schedule an initial discussion. Next round was with a practice principal and covered my knowledge, skill set and experience. Final round was with the partner before the offer was made.
    Overall, very easy, professional process, and the interviewers were very friendly and made me feel quite comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • mostly basic questions, almost as if the interview was just a formality...   Answer Question
    offer was on the lower end of my expectations, but still fair. No further negotiations....

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

This was a rigorous interview process that spanned an online test, a phone interview, assessment day, then a partner interview. While it was long and tiring, it was necessary because there were 1000s of applicants for less than 100 spots. The questions were pretty generic, and easy as long as you know what they are trying to achieve with them

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioural questions where there were no correct answers   Answer Question
    Nil

Graduate Program Melbourne Australia Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

1. Online Application, be prepared to answer some open end questions, like leadership, greatest achievement, why Deloitte etc
    2. Online assessment, SHL
    3. Brief Phone screening, why Deloitte, why this business line
    4. Second Online assessment before AC
    5. Assessment Center--Group exercise, individual interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Rigorous. 5 rounds including case study interview and group interview.

Wasn't one

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2009.

Very friendly HR manager who was really helpful, which made you feel comfortable and relaxed. Not sure why, but all the HR people at Deloitte that I have dealt with have been so nice.
     Questions were basic (which was a good thing), such as "What are some of your extra-curricular activities" and "Tell me about a time when you worked in a team". The interview lasted about 15 minutes.