Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail directed to all accounting majors in our school that Deloitte was hiring for certain position. I applied through our schools career website. Soon after the application deadline was up, I was invited for a first-round interview on campus. I was also invited to a pre-interview dinner, which is a must go to event to familiarized with your interviewer. I was interviewed by a senior manager. I was invited for second-round interviews a week after the first-round. Second-round interview consisted of a pre-interview dinner again and an office visit during the day of interview. I was interviewed by a partner and then by a director. Interviews felt very casual. It was more like a conversation. All of them started with asking me to describe my average week and we went off from there. I did not get any technical or traditional behavioral questions. Asking questions were heavily encouraged throughout the interview, it is a great way to learn from it.

Interview Question – Describe to me your average week. All three interviewer asked this but the degree into which they dug into my answer varied.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was almost an adhesion contract but they were open for negotiating when you start your internship. My friends and I applied for winter positions but one of my friends asked to be moved for the summer and they agreed.

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interview process began on campus. I received an offer to come for an office visit. I was told to book a flight and hotel. There was another interviewee in at the same time, and the staff kept asking me why I had stayed at a hotel when the other candidate had not. Felt uncomfortable during the interview. Ultimately, would not have wanted to work with those that I had interviewed with.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were straight forward, as expected. I was asked behavioral questions similar to what any of the Big 4 would ask during on campus interviews and during the office visit. The situation that came up regarding the hotel stay was the part of the interview that was the "toughest", since it put me in an awkward position.   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

Advisory Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and then was contacted about a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to the office for a dinner on a Thursday night with other candidates, employees, managers, and partners. Then Friday, we had an office visit that was about 4 hours long with a couple of interviews/panels. We were then taken out to lunch on Friday and then free to go on our way.

Interview Question – First and foremost, they were looking to see if candidates would be a good fit into their environment. Most of the questions were behavioral and there was nothing too difficult if you have experiences/examples to back up your answers.   View Answer

Flag Interview

Deloitte Market Awareness and Brand Cultivation Lead responded to this review

Apr 3, 2014

So glad you had a positive recruiting experience. We look forward to having you come on board as an intern.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate IV Interview

Associate IV
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Interview Details – Began as two half hour phone interviews with the Recruiter and Project Partner. From there, they flew me in for a day and I had three back-to-back one hour interviews with both managers and the most senior team member. It was a combination of analysis questions, personality, and past performance questions.

Interview Question – How do you feel about waking up each day not knowing what you'll be doing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Manager Interview

Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight. Mostly specific questions with respect to the domain you are from. Case study is something that needs to prepared well. There could be any scenarios that they have from a current project being done at Deloitte.

Interview Question – Case Study needs to be handled well.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2009.

Interview Details – Case interview - it's not about the answer but how you interact in a group-setting and how your thought process is.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult. Again, they just want to know you as a person as they look for client-ready consultant. Also, they look for personality traits if you would do well in our firm; work hard and play hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. The fresh grad salaries at Deloitte is exceptional. Haven't heard anyone else beating them.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 thirty-minute interviews: 1 behavioral + 1 case with 2 different managers. The case was really just a brainstorming case, no tricks, simple maths. It is important to use frameworks when you brainstorm for factors to consider, but also go deeply to each possible factors and discuss them a bit. I think since the case is so simple, you can differentiate yourself only by being articulate and sharp, show creative thinking as well. My behavioral interview is just resume-based questions.

Intern Interview

Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview resulted in a quick turn around. They had 3 rounds of interviews set up for their intern candidates. I feel like the interview process here seem to be more intense than anywhere else in the Twin Cities that I have gone too.

Interview Question – The case interview was difficult at first as you dont quite know what to expect. It gets easier as you move onto the second and third round though.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they gave you 1-2 weeks to decide

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very tedious but I would understand why. After my fist phone interview where I was given basic interview questions, I made it to the next round which was another phone interview. This time, it was a case analysis. After passing this round, I was interviewed with a bunch of other candidates at the office. At the office, each of us presented in a group and 1:1 with several upper level managers. All in all, I was very impressed by the employees' love for the company. I could tell that the people I spoke to genuinely believed in working for Deloitte and they seem to enjoy what they do. The office employs cutting-edge technology in many areas and is a very comfortable environment to work in. In terms of wok culture, I am probably expected to deliver good results given that my job offer is above average.

Advice to future candidates: Start networking with Deloitte professionals through LinkedIn. Get to know their job scope and feedback on the work culture. Most importantly, be yourself as the stringent interview processes will most likely reveal any false impressions you try to hide.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over the other 50 candidates outside of this room?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. The offer was firm. The company pays above market and offers many attractive benefits other companies can only wish to offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details – Absolutely horrible because my information kept getting lost

Interview Question – What do you like to do?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte interview questions and advice in Minneapolis, MN. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.