Deloitte Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair and was emailed to set up a phone interview with a senior manager. After this I was invited in for a series of interviews all consisting of behavioral questions

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter help me schedule a interview with Deloitte. Interview was through Skype, interviewer asked many core java questions, some sample algorithm questions, and also some questions about Spring framework. Other details I can not remember.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview process began on campus. I received an offer to come for an office visit. I was told to book a flight and hotel. There was another interviewee in at the same time, and the staff kept asking me why I had stayed at a hotel when the other candidate had not. Felt uncomfortable during the interview. Ultimately, would not have wanted to work with those that I had interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were straight forward, as expected. I was asked behavioral questions similar to what any of the Big 4 would ask during on campus interviews and during the office visit. The situation that came up regarding the hotel stay was the part of the interview that was the "toughest", since it put me in an awkward position.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I received an e-mail directed to all accounting majors in our school that Deloitte was hiring for certain position. I applied through our schools career website. Soon after the application deadline was up, I was invited for a first-round interview on campus. I was also invited to a pre-interview dinner, which is a must go to event to familiarized with your interviewer. I was interviewed by a senior manager. I was invited for second-round interviews a week after the first-round. Second-round interview consisted of a pre-interview dinner again and an office visit during the day of interview. I was interviewed by a partner and then by a director. Interviews felt very casual. It was more like a conversation. All of them started with asking me to describe my average week and we went off from there. I did not get any technical or traditional behavioral questions. Asking questions were heavily encouraged throughout the interview, it is a great way to learn from it.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me your average week. All three interviewer asked this but the degree into which they dug into my answer varied.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was almost an adhesion contract but they were open for negotiating when you start your internship. My friends and I applied for winter positions but one of my friends asked to be moved for the summer and they agreed.

Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume and then was contacted about a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to the office for a dinner on a Thursday night with other candidates, employees, managers, and partners. Then Friday, we had an office visit that was about 4 hours long with a couple of interviews/panels. We were then taken out to lunch on Friday and then free to go on our way.

Interview Questions

• First and foremost, they were looking to see if candidates would be a good fit into their environment. Most of the questions were behavioral and there was nothing too difficult if you have experiences/examples to back up your answers.   1 Answer

Deloitte Response

Apr 3, 2014 – Market Awareness and Brand Cultivation Lead

So glad you had a positive recruiting experience. We look forward to having you come on board as an intern.

AERS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through HR in November when they posted a full-time AERS opportunity in our university system. I emailed the recruiter about if there were opportunity in Intern - got a quick replied and followed up for a resume submission. About a week later, I received a 60 minutes phone interview with two associates: all behavioral questions. Heard back a week later for a office interview with two senior managers and a manager in the Spring. The interviews were mixed of behavioral and technical questions (no case), I was asked about my database/IT/ERP classes. I also had a lunch with a consultant before the interview.

Interview Questions

• It is really nice that the manager knew that I applied through email (since they weren't actively looking at the time) and have some really nice conversations with all the interviewee. HR were also vey friendly. Be prepared for some technical questions because they would ask for coursework and relevant experience. I also felt like they were looking for people have programming experience, I would guess I wasn't the best fit at the time.   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interviews in the office, back to back. It started with a manager, senior manager, and ended with a principal. The interview questions were mostly behavioral, and they left a lot of time for Q&A. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. I got an offer less than a week afterwards, much faster than a lot of other firms. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate my salary

Associate IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Began as two half hour phone interviews with the Recruiter and Project Partner. From there, they flew me in for a day and I had three back-to-back one hour interviews with both managers and the most senior team member. It was a combination of analysis questions, personality, and past performance questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about waking up each day not knowing what you'll be doing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

It was pretty straight. Mostly specific questions with respect to the domain you are from. Case study is something that needs to prepared well. There could be any scenarios that they have from a current project being done at Deloitte.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

2 thirty-minute interviews: 1 behavioral + 1 case with 2 different managers. The case was really just a brainstorming case, no tricks, simple maths. It is important to use frameworks when you brainstorm for factors to consider, but also go deeply to each possible factors and discuss them a bit. I think since the case is so simple, you can differentiate yourself only by being articulate and sharp, show creative thinking as well. My behavioral interview is just resume-based questions.