Deloitte

3.1

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

Right from the first contact it was smoother and faster in rolling out the offer letter than the big and frustrating companies like Accenture & IBM which make people wait forever.

Problem was that I was frustrated with delays from all other companies and was desperate to get in. I now know that I quoted a low price, which was why Deloitte offered me more than my quote. So, in fact I had no negotiations. Obviously, I accepted.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

normal interview.
    questions from all area. usually they carry a sheet. they ask you 3-4 questions from each area.
    1. Technical
    2. Technical
    3. Manager
    4. Communication - Telephonic

i did not negotiate as the HR was very confident lier. They lied me very confidently. After reaching to company i found everything was a lie. they do negotiate on everything on position they are offering, on salary, on joining bonus everything.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

The initial hiring process is quite common as other companies. The recruiter will call you from their Hyderabad Office by asking "your overall experience," "salary expectation," "about your roles and scope of work," etc.

The entire telephonic interviews to personal rounds occur within a week. The date for the personal round interview is always fixed before 1 week. For instance, they will call you on Monday/Tuesday to confirm your personal round for Saturday morning. You will even receive a confirmation letter regarding the interview by Thursday/Friday EOD.

Quite systematic, isn't it!

Now what's weird! That happens once you are reached for your personal round.
    However, here are some of my tips to help you out with it.

1. Make sure you speak with the concern / Senior Person via Telephonic Interview just to find out the actual candidate they are looking for than a HR person.
    2. The personal interview round is going to be a mass evaluation where nobody remembers your detailed portfolio that you shared with them before as they call upon 15-20 candidates for the same posts including Junior/Senior levels.
    3. Their Automated Versant English Test module is quite annoying, you will fail if you can’t beat this test no matter how much experience you have.
    4. This is the worst statement you will receive most likely after 2 weeks if you can’t get through with Deloitte. “Unfortunately on this occasion, having carefully considered your candidature we are unable to match your skills and experience with the specific opportunity.” That’s so embarrassing to read "skills and experience" this when you know you are best at it and when they say "we have openings in multiple positions" during your 1:1 interview round.

They won’t even tell you where you lack just like an entrance test.

5. Take opinions from people who work for Deloitte before applying.
    6. Good Luck with your Job Hunt :)

Interview Questions
    • This is not going to be difficult than a quick warm up group assignment. The question is "Deloitte wants to see how both UI & UX can work together as a team. You can come up with a product concept for mobile app by contributing UI & UX skills within 10-20 mins max."

That's quite nice way to see how candidate works, behaves, present and so on quickly before getting hired.
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

It was set up by MBA college. We had a round of GD first and then interview. REsults were declared a few days later.

Nil

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

There was a walk in and the interview was pretty simple Mostly personal questions were asked and there is a lot of importance given on your english speaking skills a lot of questions revolve around your CV. You should know your CV in and out. Your should know about your projects and internships. Basically it sends out a very wrong signal if you don't know your CV in and out.

No negotiation fresher.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Total of 3 rounds- Written, GD and then PI. The written is pretty easy , the only challenge being the max number of qs you can solve correctly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such is difficult. Only challenging round is the GD.Once you cross it, you are almost there.   Answer Question

Associate User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview was fun and the type of qustions they ask are all aimed to take out your perception towards work and life

Interview Questions

low pay package as compared to other companies

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2013.

An employee referred me to this position. The interview call was received within three days of referral. Three rounds on the first day on interview - First Technical Round, Second Technical/Managerial round and English Versant Test. Successful candidates were called later during the week for the fourth round - VP round. Next week was the HR round. If you have it on your CV, you should be able to speak about it. Keep your basics crystal clear.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how to check the consistency of millions of records imported into a database from a legacy system.   Answer Question
    I was sent a form to fill in expected CTC and there was no need of negotiation as my proposal was accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

The Comany is fully awesome. Work Culture is good. Not much pressure, but be sincere to your work. the company asks what you put in you resume so put all the thigs that you know only in the resume. Also read some logical questions they are handy.
    prepare your introduction well to impress them.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview is pretty tough in Deloitte. I was questioned for Oracle Apps. Rather than going for the theoretical knowledge, they try to extract knowledge of your project experience. They will ask what you have worked on and then will drill down to the details of the components of you have worked. If you are giving interview for technical position then you will be strictly asked technical questions. Similar is for functional guys. The best thing that can be done is to revise well on the areas and technologies you have worked on. Rather than trying to show off that you know a lot of things.

Interview Questions
    • In my case I told I have worked on XML Publisher reports. I was asked every possible question possible technically about it. Also I was questioned my understanding of the business requirement.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate. Until you are not asking preposterous they will bicker on the salary

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!