Deloitte Interview Questions in Mumbai

Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

Email written to HR/Recruitment team of Deloitte:
    ==========================================
    Worst interview experience ever. Will not recommend this organization to anyone. Not even capable of managing interviews.
    What is the point in making candidates wait endlessly without even taking a single round of interview. To top it up, there were few candidates called up from Pune to Mumbai office! They were just sitting in the waiting room for hours.Complete waste of time and energy. On being asked on the status after a round of interview, the staff would only say "wait up" and then would run away and disappear for hours.
    I reached Mumbai office on the scheduled time at 11:30 AM. My first round was done at around 1:30 PM. First round status was disclosed at 4 PM only after repeatedly asking for it. After that I waited till 6 PM but still there was no communication on second round except for the usual "wait up". On asking whether or not all 4 rounds will be completed today itself (as it was already 6:30 PM and I was still waiting for 2nd round) the recruitment team started laughing and making jokes among themselves (don't know what was so funny with my question).
    After discussion with few other candidates who had already appeared for interview in the past with Deloitte, it was clear that this is a commonplace here.They enjoy making people wait entire day that too without even taking a single round of interview!!

It is absolutely fine if you think I am taking it too far by writing this but this was the agony of many who appeared for the interview today (in the past and for the future candidates as well). It is just that I am the one speaking it out.

Thank you very much for this experience.
    ===========================================

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

I went through recruiter for the interview and as per what I had been told the interview was for Senior consultant. So the process started like below,

1.I went in for the interview and they made me sit in the conference room full of other individuals came for interview. They instructed everybody to submit the resume and write skill set, years of exp and time you came in - I mean why I can understand time I came in but why years of exp and skill set isn't that the first line on you resume
    2.I wrote my skill set as HTML5,.Net,JavaScript and AngularJS one guy called me and asked are you a .Net resource or a Java resource. Wow he didn't even aware that JavaScript has nothing to do with Java. The guy standing in there kept asking what comes to your mind when you think about Deloitte and showed some impressive videos etc. But after a time it was getting repetitive and boring
    3.I kept waiting for the interview for more than 2 hours that was again -1 for Deloitte
    4.I went for the interview. The interviewer didn't even bothered to introduce him for the first time. He made me sit in the cubicle (so unprofessional I could hear the other interview) and said he will be back. The guy went on a call and came back after 5 minutes
    5.When he was back he introduced himself and the I could guess that this guy was not at all interested in taking my interview. He asked me questions you will ask to a 2 years or 3 years experienced guy. The interviewer wasn't even interested in listening and was looking all around when I was answering his questions. (-1 for this)
    6.Anyways I completed the interview and I knew the result.

Basically the position was for junior guys if they had few years of experience in .Net could have easily passed the interview and not for a senior guy as I had been told. I am not sure about the case though but anyways I wasted my weekend.

Interview Questions
    • 1.What is polymorphism?
      2.What is runtime polymorphism and compile time polymorphism
      3.Difference between session and static class
      4.What is Lambda expression
      5.Few Db questions. In that one question was wrong

Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

1. Aptitude Test - normal questions no negative markings cutoff was about 22 out of 30.
    2. GD - They see your confidence and vocabulary, talk about subject and be confident.

Our next round took almost 2 weeks to schedule

3. PI - Really basic questions are asked and mostly your confidence and academic results is the criteria.
    4. Panel Interview - Didn't get shortlisted for this round.

The package was good but only 3 were selected.

Interview Questions
    • They ask just basic concepts nothing much and was asked to write an algorithms for sorting the contents of array.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Interview had 5 rounds.
    Round 1 - Technical : java stack related questions and current project explanation.
    Round 2 - Manager/Technical 2: Again high-level technical questions, challenges faced in the past, certifications
    Round 3: Vasant English test
    Round 4: Business Head/Director Round: Basic discussion about past companies
    Round 5-HR: Discussion about salary etc.

Interview Questions
    • Continuous Integration tools used, Collections API, Design Patterns.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

This was during Campus Placements in India. Interviewing for Deloitte Consulting USI.
    1. Aptitude test : Quant, Logic, DI and Verbal.
    2. Case Study : mostly related to Software Engineering coursework.
    3. Interview (mostly non technical)

Interview Questions
    • Case Study might get tricky if you dont have your Software Engineering basics right.   Answer Question

I went overseas for higher education.

Us Taxation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

3 aptitude test.first was quantitative test. after that was excel mcq test. then was telephonic round. all rounds were shortlisted. 2 interviews.- 1st interview was hr interview. next was technical.

Associate User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview was fun and the type of qustions they ask are all aimed to take out your perception towards work and life

Interview Questions

low pay package as compared to other companies

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

The interview is pretty tough in Deloitte. I was questioned for Oracle Apps. Rather than going for the theoretical knowledge, they try to extract knowledge of your project experience. They will ask what you have worked on and then will drill down to the details of the components of you have worked. If you are giving interview for technical position then you will be strictly asked technical questions. Similar is for functional guys. The best thing that can be done is to revise well on the areas and technologies you have worked on. Rather than trying to show off that you know a lot of things.

Interview Questions
    • In my case I told I have worked on XML Publisher reports. I was asked every possible question possible technically about it. Also I was questioned my understanding of the business requirement.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate. Until you are not asking preposterous they will bicker on the salary

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2013.

An employee referred me to this position. The interview call was received within three days of referral. Three rounds on the first day on interview - First Technical Round, Second Technical/Managerial round and English Versant Test. Successful candidates were called later during the week for the fourth round - VP round. Next week was the HR round. If you have it on your CV, you should be able to speak about it. Keep your basics crystal clear.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how to check the consistency of millions of records imported into a database from a legacy system.   Answer Question
    I was sent a form to fill in expected CTC and there was no need of negotiation as my proposal was accepted.

IS Auditor - I to 7 Years Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

I was called on by a consulting firm, who scheduled the interview.
    The interview took place in morning hours.
    The interview process contains 3 rounds - First one is technical round - asked about general controls, standards, etc..Second round is HR round and third round is with partner.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case presented like..If you auditor of x company and auditing y department, what control deficiencies do you look for..

Overall the questions were from the CV we presented.

1. After SAP implementation, how do you conduct post implementation review with minimal disruption?
      2. As an IS auditor (not process auditor), what control deficiencies do you check?
      3. Reason for leaving previous employers
      4. Where do you see yourself after 2 years?
      5. Any experience related to automated tools testing and ACL scripting experience.

Answer Question