Deloitte

3.1

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

This was during Campus Placements in India. Interviewing for Deloitte Consulting USI.
    1. Aptitude test : Quant, Logic, DI and Verbal.
    2. Case Study : mostly related to Software Engineering coursework.
    3. Interview (mostly non technical)

Interview Questions
    • Case Study might get tricky if you dont have your Software Engineering basics right.   Answer Question

I went overseas for higher education.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview call was given through HR.Interview was scheduled.Hr send proper mail with detailed information
    Company venue is good.Interview procedure is very employee friendly though there were many candidates for interview but delloitte employee made it very smooth.
    They have shown us deloiite videos,success stories.
    Good process followed to lower down stress of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • lots of questions on oops.
      They always check on your confidence level.

Associate User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview was fun and the type of qustions they ask are all aimed to take out your perception towards work and life

Interview Questions

low pay package as compared to other companies

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

The interview is pretty tough in Deloitte. I was questioned for Oracle Apps. Rather than going for the theoretical knowledge, they try to extract knowledge of your project experience. They will ask what you have worked on and then will drill down to the details of the components of you have worked. If you are giving interview for technical position then you will be strictly asked technical questions. Similar is for functional guys. The best thing that can be done is to revise well on the areas and technologies you have worked on. Rather than trying to show off that you know a lot of things.

Interview Questions
    • In my case I told I have worked on XML Publisher reports. I was asked every possible question possible technically about it. Also I was questioned my understanding of the business requirement.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate. Until you are not asking preposterous they will bicker on the salary

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2013.

An employee referred me to this position. The interview call was received within three days of referral. Three rounds on the first day on interview - First Technical Round, Second Technical/Managerial round and English Versant Test. Successful candidates were called later during the week for the fourth round - VP round. Next week was the HR round. If you have it on your CV, you should be able to speak about it. Keep your basics crystal clear.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how to check the consistency of millions of records imported into a database from a legacy system.   Answer Question
    I was sent a form to fill in expected CTC and there was no need of negotiation as my proposal was accepted.

IS Auditor - I to 7 Years Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

I was called on by a consulting firm, who scheduled the interview.
    The interview took place in morning hours.
    The interview process contains 3 rounds - First one is technical round - asked about general controls, standards, etc..Second round is HR round and third round is with partner.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case presented like..If you auditor of x company and auditing y department, what control deficiencies do you look for..

Overall the questions were from the CV we presented.

1. After SAP implementation, how do you conduct post implementation review with minimal disruption?
      2. As an IS auditor (not process auditor), what control deficiencies do you check?
      3. Reason for leaving previous employers
      4. Where do you see yourself after 2 years?
      5. Any experience related to automated tools testing and ACL scripting experience.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Part 1:
    I was approached by the HR unit for java developer... 3 week later went through a telephonic round on core java and being a web developer, struts. Typical interview questions like
    1. What are different design patterns in Struts? And a 15 min QnA on it.
    2. What are different methods of object creation.
    3. How will you handle back button in a real web application.
    ...
    I couldn't answer them all but I cleared because "I Reasoned my answers"

Part 2: A week later was called for a face to face. Did not make me wait long there. Decent questions basically on my daily work. e.g. What is your application structure? How to depict association in UML etc.

Part 3: Had one final round with senior manager. This one dealt with more questions about my past work experience and some good coding practices.

A thing to note was that I was interviewed by 3 different people for a position that requires me to write code and not once was I asked to actually write code !

Interview Questions
    • If a page has to add an extra field for one client only, where will you put place that logic and why?   View Answer
    I asked for a 100% hike. Got it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

The Comany is fully awesome. Work Culture is good. Not much pressure, but be sincere to your work. the company asks what you put in you resume so put all the thigs that you know only in the resume. Also read some logical questions they are handy.
    prepare your introduction well to impress them.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

The initial hiring process is quite common as other companies. The recruiter will call you from their Hyderabad Office by asking "your overall experience," "salary expectation," "about your roles and scope of work," etc.

The entire telephonic interviews to personal rounds occur within a week. The date for the personal round interview is always fixed before 1 week. For instance, they will call you on Monday/Tuesday to confirm your personal round for Saturday morning. You will even receive a confirmation letter regarding the interview by Thursday/Friday EOD.

Quite systematic, isn't it!

Now what's weird! That happens once you are reached for your personal round.
    However, here are some of my tips to help you out with it.

1. Make sure you speak with the concern / Senior Person via Telephonic Interview just to find out the actual candidate they are looking for than a HR person.
    2. The personal interview round is going to be a mass evaluation where nobody remembers your detailed portfolio that you shared with them before as they call upon 15-20 candidates for the same posts including Junior/Senior levels.
    3. Their Automated Versant English Test module is quite annoying, you will fail if you can’t beat this test no matter how much experience you have.
    4. This is the worst statement you will receive most likely after 2 weeks if you can’t get through with Deloitte. “Unfortunately on this occasion, having carefully considered your candidature we are unable to match your skills and experience with the specific opportunity.” That’s so embarrassing to read "skills and experience" this when you know you are best at it and when they say "we have openings in multiple positions" during your 1:1 interview round.

They won’t even tell you where you lack just like an entrance test.

5. Take opinions from people who work for Deloitte before applying.
    6. Good Luck with your Job Hunt :)

Interview Questions
    • This is not going to be difficult than a quick warm up group assignment. The question is "Deloitte wants to see how both UI & UX can work together as a team. You can come up with a product concept for mobile app by contributing UI & UX skills within 10-20 mins max."

That's quite nice way to see how candidate works, behaves, present and so on quickly before getting hired.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

It was 4 rounds in which 2 technical + Versant test then HR
    first round asked normal objective type questions and you can easily find the answers.
    Second round was similar to the 1st round questions and some of them were real time scenations and which went welll

offered joining bonus