Deloitte

Updated Sep 13, 2014

189 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

I had a phone interview then I was invited to interview on site. I had three 1:1 interviews, with manager, senior manager, and partner. Straight forward - discuss background, why Deloitte, why valuation, etc. All fit questions. Be prepared to discuss your resume in detail and what experiences you have had that would make you a good fit with Deloitte. Emphasis is on culture of the firm, and how you would fit in.

non-negotiable

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interviewed with Manager, Senior Manager and a Partner. They are very nice and helpful. Questions like "tell me about yourself" "what's your biggest strength" Some detail questions about accounting including merge and acquisition, but fairly easy. Just be passionate and relax.

Interview Questions
    Very smooth with the recruiter. Get a signing bonus.

IT Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

HR interview 15 minutes talking about experience and next steps
    phone interview 15 minutes talking about experience and answering questions
    2 in person interviews half hour each walking through resume
    offer sent by phone
    offer negotiation with HR
    offer accepted!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask for more $ when possible

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

I applied online and the process took 1 week - Interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

This is the round in Deloitte US Interview:
    -Technical Interview
    -Management Interview
    -Senior Management Interview
    -Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there is good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Questions
    • First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question
    I got the offer in hand within 9 days.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview was Okay, the partner was easy to talk with and candid about the work he had done and his experiences which made it easier for me to share my strengths and interests with him.

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

First I had a phone screening with the recruiter to find out what position I would be interested in. Then, I was brought in to the office for two interviews, one with senior manager and one with partner. Know the discounted cash flow (DCF) inside and out! Also know the income and market approaches. Very analytical internship, very repetitive, but will look great on your resume and if you get the offer and stick it out for a year the exit opportunities are unbeatable - into an investment bank possibly, hedge fund, or private equity firm.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the 3 valuation approaches and give examples of each.   View Answer
    No negociation

Summer Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied through OCR position and went to the second round. It was very competitive, but interview process was fun because I had time to look around the office with professionals and network with them before and after the interview. So I could learn so many things from the process.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

It's about 40 minutes interview. Most are behavior interview questions, like tell me about yourself, how would you handle difficult situation? What are your greatest strengths? Not hard question. My first interview in U.S, really good experience.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Multiple rounds
    A - 3X phone screens across HR/Recruiting of 30-60 minute interviews. These entailed work background review; functional areas of competence, methodologies employed and relative skill levels, types of deliverables, size/scope of teams managed. Pretty involved and detailed for recruiting.

B - 2X phone interviews of 60 minutes each with senior managers in my areas of consulting. Questions on work background, team management and leadership style, hypotheticals on how I would handle different scenarios - from delivery risk issue management, client/stakeholder management, to how I would undertake, scope, plan and lead specific types of work. Lots of analytical and behavioral analysis.

C - Final round, on premises (flew to NYC) interviews with 3 partners, including 1 business case. 60 minutes each. Lead partner within the practice I was interviewing for focused on my perceptions of the industry, opportunities for growth and how these aligned with what I do and don't want to do.

Interview Questions
    • Business case/case study question: Given a company that is in the prepared food business which receives raw product from growers into central processing sites then prepares them for sale by retailers and consumer use, how would you assess how to determine the root causes of their profitability issues. An accompany financial sheet was provided.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

No negotiation available

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!