Deloitte

Updated Dec 4, 2014

203 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

No negotiation available

Securitization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

I received a referral from my school and made it to the final round of interviews at their Jersey City Office. It consisted of 4 back to back interviews roughly 30 minutes long. First question was what I knew about Securitization. Next were run me through your resume, tell me about yourself, why should we pick you over the other candidates, describe a time you overcame a difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Heard some candidates got asked what are manholes round. Hardest question for most (because most candidates didn't know they were there for Securitization because their human resources screwed up big time) was what is securitization. Most were not prepared to answer this.   View Answer

Audit Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Submitted application through campus recruiting, was selected for interview. The interview didn't ask many behavioral questions, other than teamwork questions. He asked me more random questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between auditing and accounting?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

I interviewed and waited about a month for response, then emailed and the recruiter said, she had wrong email for me

Actuarial Winter Intern - Human Capital Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Intimation about the position was given early in the first week of December for positions starting early January'2014. Prior intimation was provided that it would be a series of two behavioral interviews, each scheduled for half an hour.

Was actually interviewed by three people - Two quick 15 minute interviews and another quick 30 minute interviews. It was more of a discussion and 'getting to know you' kind than a regular interview session. Interviewers were pretty warm and welcoming. Most of the discussion spun off from the resume and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • None really. As mentioned before, Interviewers were pretty relaxed and more keen on describing their requirements. Just a silent technical question on how prices vary based on discount rate by one of the interviewers.   Answer Question
    Since its an internship did not negotiate.

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

First I had a phone screening with the recruiter to find out what position I would be interested in. Then, I was brought in to the office for two interviews, one with senior manager and one with partner. Know the discounted cash flow (DCF) inside and out! Also know the income and market approaches. Very analytical internship, very repetitive, but will look great on your resume and if you get the offer and stick it out for a year the exit opportunities are unbeatable - into an investment bank possibly, hedge fund, or private equity firm.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the 3 valuation approaches and give examples of each.   View Answer
    No negociation

M&A Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interviewed with a senior manager and two partners

Interview Questions
    • The first interviewer didn't ask me any question for the first 20 minutes. He asked me to ask him questions instead.   Answer Question

Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Initial 30 minute call with a recruiter, 45-60 min interview with a Senior Manager, Final onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Final round interview included three interviews - technical, consulting fit, and a business case. The case was a marketing/technology case.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Virtual Recruiting at my University with online application. First round of interview was 2 1 hour phone interviews - 1 behavioral and 1 case. The behavioral was very straightforward (tell me about yourself, why consulting, why Deloitte, why Human Capital, a time you failed, a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate). Case interview was very similar to the one on the Deloitte site - Interviewer had lots of information and wanted to have a conversation about it.

Final Round = Blitz Day. Intensive 2 day event in NYC. Networking events and dinners with high ranking partners, managers, and entry-level analysts. Interviews on the second day - 2 30 minute behavioral, 1 one hour case, 1 one hour group case and presentation.

Very similar to the first round of interviews. The weekend was great, all the people were very nice and were really interested in getting to know you. Very honest, interviews were straightforward and cases were like the first round

Very very competitive offer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

I got the interviews from our school's career website. After two behavioral interviews on campus, I got the on-site opportunity. That also included two behavioral interviews. The questions are common behavioral questions. I remember that the interviewers were really nice. But the atmosphere was nervous for me. Hope this is helpful:)