Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Audit Consultant Interview

IT Audit Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – HR interview 15 minutes talking about experience and next steps
phone interview 15 minutes talking about experience and answering questions

Negotiation Details – Ask for more $ when possible

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 1 week - Interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

This is the round in Deloitte US Interview:
-Technical Interview
-Management Interview
-Senior Management Interview
-Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there is good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Question – First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the offer in hand within 9 days.

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Business Valuation Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview Details – First I had a phone screening with the recruiter to find out what position I would be interested in. Then, I was brought in to the office for two interviews, one with senior manager and one with partner. Know the discounted cash flow (DCF) inside and out! Also know the income and market approaches. Very analytical internship, very repetitive, but will look great on your resume and if you get the offer and stick it out for a year the exit opportunities are unbeatable - into an investment bank possibly, hedge fund, or private equity firm.

Interview Question – Explain the 3 valuation approaches and give examples of each.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negociation

Summer Leadership Interview

Summer Leadership
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I applied through OCR position and went to the second round. It was very competitive, but interview process was fun because I had time to look around the office with professionals and network with them before and after the interview. So I could learn so many things from the process.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds
A - 3X phone screens across HR/Recruiting of 30-60 minute interviews. These entailed work background review; functional areas of competence, methodologies employed and relative skill levels, types of deliverables, size/scope of teams managed. Pretty involved and detailed for recruiting.

B - 2X phone interviews of 60 minutes each with senior managers in my areas of consulting. Questions on work background, team management and leadership style, hypotheticals on how I would handle different scenarios - from delivery risk issue management, client/stakeholder management, to how I would undertake, scope, plan and lead specific types of work. Lots of analytical and behavioral analysis.

C - Final round, on premises (flew to NYC) interviews with 3 partners, including 1 business case. 60 minutes each. Lead partner within the practice I was interviewing for focused on my perceptions of the industry, opportunities for growth and how these aligned with what I do and don't want to do.

Interview Question – Business case/case study question: Given a company that is in the prepared food business which receives raw product from growers into central processing sites then prepares them for sale by retailers and consumer use, how would you assess how to determine the root causes of their profitability issues. An accompany financial sheet was provided.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process began almost immediately when I entered business school. People come in full force to recruit you and introduce you to the firm. A portion of the interview is case-based, so there is ample opportunity to conduct mock interviews with practitioners over the course of the semester. There were two rounds of interviews, during each of which I met with three different people. Each round consisted of a behavioral portion (standard interview questions) and an individual case. The second round also had a group case, during which I worked with five other people to solve a problem.

Interview Question – What would it take to sell you on Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed as second year graduate student enrolled in an MBA program where firm recruits for both the summer associate internship and full-time senior consultant hires. The process was thorough and covered both behavioral and case interview formats. The actual interview and offer process was completed in less than one week.

Interview Question – Sell me on the hobbies you've listed here [resume]   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Audit Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very smooth; at most a week or two during the whole process. After submitting my resume, they got back to me within about 2-3 days with a phone interview. The following day was the office visit for an one-on-one interview with two partners and each interview lasted approximately a half hour. The offer was in my inbox within two days after my office visit.

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation... it's the BIG 4.

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter call followed by on site interviews with 4 people - 45 minutes each back to back. Call back within 4 business days. The questions focused on business process and situations. No technical questions were given.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation and how you overcame that while managing a team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - they said flat out that this was the best package and nothing more could be done

Specialist Senior Interview

Specialist Senior

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – 4 Interviews, very formal, no behavioral questions. Difficult place to work at, challenging and very demanding, less and less people, makes for more and more work. Interviews are simple. Hard to compete, some people can talk behind your back if you perform really well.

Interview Question – Skills based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for higher salary.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!