Deloitte Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Mar 25, 2015

Summer Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

I did a first round on campus interview with Deloitte for the Summer Leadership Program. Although I can say that it wasn't personally my best interview (due to being nervous), I thought their style of interviewing wasn't the best. It felt more like an interrogation than an interview. The partner would often challenge my answers and show disapproval on his facial expression when he didn't like what I said.

Interview Questions
    • Are you just naturally really smart or do you try really hard? Why didn't you get an A in this class?   Answer Question

Staff Audit Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

on-site office visit: I came in the office around 9am and had a nice breakfast with a staff accountant and a senior audit manager. It was very relaxing beginning. We talked about our own personal lives. They gave a sale pitch on how Deloitte is the best among all CPA firms.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have to deal with a difficult team member? Describe a time when you have to use your listening skills to make people understand your ideas? Describe a project where you use your time management skills or prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

On campus interview, followed by a three person in office interview and coffee hour, and lots of socials. Liked all the people and the interview questions were pretty general..."Tell me about a time you..." type questions, plus just some "getting to know you" type stuff. I don't think there were any technical questions, but I was a campus hire.

Interview Questions
    Didn't try negotiating, was really happy to get an offer.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

I initially was contacted by the recruiter, we communicated by email to coordinate my interview.

It took one day to get the interview scheduled but it was for two weeks out. Partially that was due to my own limited schedule.

The interview consisted of two "two on one" interviews (two interviewers, and me) each lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewers were all either managers or senior managers. They were typical interviews, all were friendly, a couple more reserved a couple more outgoing. Nothing exceptionally challenging or unusual about either interview.

After the interviews I went to lunch with a staff & senior person. Lunch lasted about 1.5 hours (including walking) and was pleasant. More of a "sales" pitch, talking about what they like about the firm, what the environment is. Nice people and I enjoyed it.

After lunch I walked back to the office and was given a tour. They have "fly-in" cubes for auditors and the office seemed really quiet. They validated my parking (which is good, it was $15 to park in the building!!)

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about your current position?
      What don't you like? (Or what is challenging)

Answer Question
    • What would your current supervisor say about you?   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Pretty easy questions relating to my background and experience in general. Also asking about current developments in accounting and audit as it relates to manufacturing industry. Behavioral questions by 3 partners and a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are the key changes or updates to the accounting and auditing practice in current times.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I applied through my campus career services website. I interviewed with two recruiters, one after the other in a one-on-one setting. They were very reserved compared to recruiters from other accounting firms. I got the offer to travel to Portland for a second interview about two weeks later.

In Portland I interviewed with four people, one at a time. I interviewed with staff, directors, and partners. I also went to lunch with two younger staff members.

Overall, it seemed like a fairly reserved office.