Deloitte

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Great process to ensure all candidates get to meet different levels of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straightforward behavioral. Seemed more like a personality assessment.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

I got this interview through the CPA university recruitment process.

The interview I got was 2 interviews of 30 minutes each.

1. The first one was with 2 managers asking typical behavioural questions tailored to my CACEE/resume. For this part it is good to practice the typical behavioural interview questions.

2. The second one was with a partner and it was more of a conversation rather than typical interview. The first question I got was "Tell me about yourself."

Interview Questions
    • If you have a group project that conflicts with your studies, how will you handle it ?
      Tell me a time where you had to motivate people, and how did you do it ?
        Answer Question

Strategy and Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I was contacted by HR in Montreal for an interview the following week. Arrived 15 minutes early and met with the Department manager and a Senior Consultant. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Deloitte.
      Tell me about your weaknesses.
        Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2008.

Last minute interview request. Contacted by phone by contractor company. Interviewed by current admins x 2 and called same day by contract company to start following Monday. 2 weeks later, converted to fulltime, no interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the worst boss you ever worked for and how would you handle a monster boss or a boss who makes other admins cry?   View Answer
    • What is your level of excel and can you multi task several worksheets at once?   View Answer
    They told me the salary, I asked for more, they gave me slightly more. It was within market level. I believe the strangely unprofessional question was due to the necessity of it. They could not stop their managers from mistreating admins however, they were hiring weak admins as well.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2009.

I had a 2:1 interview at the university, and then was contacted for a day long interview at Kanata office. i had interviews with 3 consultants and 1 partner and a lunch with everyone. Great experience, enjoyed the whole day. I was only asked behavioral questions, no technical questions.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2008.

I applied to the position through my campus hiring system. I was contacted for my first interview on campus; there was one HR rep in person and a group of interviewers (one HR rep, two technical consultants) via teleconference. The HR reps ask me the typical behavioral questions along with office location preference. The technical consultants then asked me about my past project, followed by some basic technical questions.
    I was then invited for a office interview. I spoke to senior managers and one partner. We basically talked about my past projects, what technology I'm comfortable with etc. I believe they were trying to understand if I would be a good fit with the company culture. They also asked me questions about my future goals and where I'd see myself in 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • What is a 3-tiered architecture?   Answer Question
    • What is a view? When would you use it and why? (DBMS)   Answer Question
    • (Showed me one DB table, with its attributes and sample tuples). How would you find the people who made over $50,000? (DB query)   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate my offer.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!