Deloitte

2.9

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

This was for an experienced hire position.
    First was interview with HR recruiter
    Followed by Technical Phone Interview
    Then three in-person interviews:
    the first in person interview was with a senior manager - technical
    the second in-person interview was with another senior manager - general consulting background
    the third in-person interview was with a senior manager - case study
    then phone call with recruiter

Interview Questions
    • The partner said that "you don't seem to have any consulting experience ?", when all I had was consulting experience :-) of about 15 years   View Answer
    no negotiation, i accepted the offer as is without negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Process took 3 weeks - The behavioral round and phone round interview happened in 2 weeks and was first asked to interview at the face to face interview with the partner and the senior manager

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I applied through On Campus Recruiting at my school after having attended many of the information sessions that they offer. Speaking with new hires, managers, and partners was very easy and everyone is very friendly and eager to speak with you. The first interview was a mix case/behavioral interview which was pretty straightforward and casual. The night before the first interview as well, they had a coffee chat with recent hires to as any last minute questions you might have. You also have an interview buddy throughout the interview process. Second round interview was at the office and was a 1 hour case with a director. It was a SDLC case on data management and it was a little difficult but I kept asking the right questions and it seemed like a very friendly conversation. I got my offer 2 days after my interview by phone.

Interview Questions
    • What testing timelines and milestones would you set for your client in this case?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Step 1: I applied through my school's career center and attended as many Deloitte events as possible offered through my university to network. I also got to know the recruiter.
    Step 2: I had an on campus interview.
    Step 3: I traveled to the office for a two day interview (Thursday night was a networking-type event with around 30 employees and candidates, while Friday was the actual interview).

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral interview questions were asked. The interviewer is given a list and chooses some to ask. It was mostly a conversation about my interests though. Be sure to have a list of questions ready!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Financial Business Valuation Associate Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

1st round: Technical phone interview with senior associate; 30 minutes
    Need to know: DCF Valuation (all of the steps and what each step represents), Common multiples (i.e. EV/EBITDA) and how to calculate them. It is a very technical interview, may vary with your experience (major, work, extra curricular). This is the step where they weed out those without some technical background.

2nd round: Two 30minute interviews (one with two senior associates, another with the principal. The first interview was largely behavioral and the second was like a conversation. With the principal, I mainly asked him questions about his position, experience (i.e. challenges associated, typical day) and the position itself (learning opps, process). With the two senior associates, it was behavioral question (i.e. difficulty working with a team). The whole interview process was casual and very conversational.

After 2nd round, follow up was 1.5 weeks later with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Consider two companies, exactly the same, but one is private and the other is public, will the price be the same?   View Answer
    No negotiation, offer was competitive

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

First round interview in Philadelphia office.

Interview process is decently different enough from other major consulting firms (i.e. McKinsey, Bain and BCG) that I'll mostly highlight them here. When I arrived in the office they did not give me a description of the people I was meeting with that day. The first interview was one for fit. They seemed to care *a lot* more about the Why Deloitte? question than any other aspect of the interview. Other quesitons were basically normal.

The second interview is a normal case format.

Hope this helps!

Evan

Interview Questions
    • They asked several versions of the "Why Deloitte?" question. Make sure you know what makes the firm stand in both among consulting firms and in your mind.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I got selected for a first round interview through the career services office of my college. The first round consisted of two 30 minute interviews - Behavioral and Case. For the first one, be prepared for questions like - Why consulting? Why Deloitte? Demonstrate your leadership skills? Difficult projects etc. You are expected to answer these sort of questions immediately and without fumbling.

The case interview was one question on Financial Transformation.

Once selected you will be asked for another round of interviews at their office. This consisted of longer and tougher case interviews(2) .

Interview Questions
    • A company has acquired many other companies resulting in multiple transaction and report generating systems and technologies within the main company resulting in a $10 million maintenance bill. As a consultant how would you integrate all the technologies and reduce the maintenance costs.   View Answers (5)

I got a job in my dream company and this was not it.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

It is a on campus interview. Questions are mostly based on my resume. Some technical questions, for example, how do you value a company? How do you calculate WACC?

Other questions like, what do you think is your strengh and weakness? Use your example to show how to be a leader and a team member.

He also asked about my course which he is very interested.

He really asked about a lot of details.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important when working with clients?   Answer Question

Summer Intern (Audit) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Process is done mostly via email and recruiter phone calls. Attend the pre-interview diner the night before and seek out your interviewer! This is crucial for success.

Interview Questions

University scheduling in regards to Master's program

Economic Consultant - Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Two Interviews (one behavioral and one technicals); basic questions; but KNOW exactly what Transfer Pricing is

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you used quantitative reasoning to prove your point   Answer Question