Deloitte

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Applied through career networking. Got first round interview on campus. Only behavioral questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2013.

Applied for non-consultant track position in Deloitte Consulting through the Experienced Hire process, though the position was entry-level and it looked like the other interviewees were recent college grads like myself. Filled out very detailed job application with work history on the Deloitte website as well as submitting a resume/cover letter.

Four weeks later, I got a call from a Deloitte recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone screen for the following week. We talked some about the duties of the position and he asked me for a salary range. When I answered, he responded that their budget was capped a little lower than what I had asked for, and I said that I was still interested. He told me he was going to pass me along to the next round, and soon after I got an email from another person (a scheduler) wanting to set up a phone screen with the actual hiring manager. That call took about 45 minutes, as we talked about Deloitte, what the group does within Deloitte, what the position would be, etc. Both phone screens were very informational, and not at all like an interview. There was a definite vibe of just wanting to get a feel for me and make sure I knew what the position was all about. Afterwards, the hiring manager said she wanted to bring me in for a final face-to-face interview. I set up a time with the scheduler for the following week.

When I arrived at Deloitte, the place was mostly deserted, since much of the office space there serves as a home base for consultants who spend the majority of their time onsite with clients. We used an empty office, and I interviewed with three separate people in half-hour blocks, one right after the other. The first interview was with the hiring manager, who mostly answered my questions, and gave me a really thorough breakdown of the culture and working environment at Deloitte and within the group, as well as telling me about the structure and the other employees.

The second interview was with a team lead. I would have been her direct report. She conducted a traditional interview with very typical questions - why do you want to work here, what in your experience makes you a good fit, etc. I'm paraphrasing, but it was nothing that threw me for a loop. I felt that she and I had a very good rapport, and I felt really great after the second interview.

The third interview was with another group member at the same grade as the second interviewer, but outside the direct hierarchy. She did a behavioral interview with ten questions, and took extremely copious notes - in a half hour, she completely filled both sides of her sheet of paper. They were doing all their interviews in two afternoons and were on a very tight schedule, so after half an hour she walked me to the elevator and that was that.

I had a really excellent interview experience at Deloitte. All three interviewers were friendly and set me at ease, and I had a great feeling when I left. I was told that, whoever they hired, they were looking to make an offer the following week. Before I heard back from them, however, I received an offer from another firm paying significantly more than Deloitte was able to for that position. After giving Deloitte notice that I had gotten another offer and not hearing anything back, I accepted the other offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty straightforward, there's not one that stuck out as being particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

There was a one-to-one behavior interview and a one-to-one case interview. Both interviewees were very nice. Deloitte would intentionally arrange an interviewee who had the same background to you. For example, my case interviewee and me graduated from the same School. In the case interview, I was asked a case about making timeline for a new project. In the behavior interview, we talked about my projects and social work experience. I passed these two interviews but failed in the second round interview at next day.

Interview Questions
    • He asked a very advanced question in database which I did not understand until now   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

I applied to the Business Technology Analyst position through the career center website at my university. Shortly after applying I was contacted by Deloitte to do an on campus interview.

The interview process on my campus involved interviews with three different Deloitte employees. I think they were all consultants. Two of the interviews were strictly behavioral and one interview was a case question asking me how I would go about implementing a new information system for a hotel chain. Overall it felt like a very simple and straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • The case question asking me how I would go about implementing a new information system for a hotel chain was probably the most difficult question but honestly it was not very hard at all. The interviewer was very friendly and willing to engage in conversation with me throughout my response.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

2 rounds
    1st round - Behavioral and case
    2nd round - Behavioral, individual case and group case

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an ambiguous situation you have faced in work life?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2009.

Hiring was fairly simple. 3 interviews. The case was easy and walked through by the interviewer, they aren't trying to stump you.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation other that sign date.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

The interview consisted of several one on one and group interviews where primarily personality questions were asked. A lot of questions on my part were required to keep the interview flowing at times, so have questions ready.

Interview Questions
    • What goals do you have in working for a big four company?   Answer Question

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

I had a lot of phone interviews and then one in person interview. Patience is key.

Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

Got an email asking me to set up a screening phone interview with HR. Basically went over questions related to my background, trying to figure out if I knew about the position and company or if I was just spamming.

Had a second phone interview with a senior manager at the firm to discuss the position and what made me look for a new job. Communicated my interest and past experiences that could be relevant.

Last round was an in-person interview with four people, three directors and one senior manager. Directors had busy schedules so we spoke when we got the chance. Different people have different interview styles, nothing too rigorous though. "Tell me about your background", "What do you want to be when you grow up", etc.

Interview Questions
    I did not elect to negotiate. I got a strong offer.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

the interview was going well at the beginning and it was just conversational asking about resumes and behavioral questions but the interviewer asked me a question is how is my tax knowledge being applied to china's income level being low , i was kinda confused on that.

Interview Questions

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!